+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Adds MTSU

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CUSA Adds MTSU

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    MTSU academics and overall reputation suck. I don't understand the knee-jerk reaction by CUSA. If anyone, I would have much preferred WKy over the mutts.
    They visited MTSU last year and MTSU barely missed the mark. It wasn't knee jerk, they knew who they were (FAU too).

At this point, CUSA is just trying to survive. They are the MWC and the Sun Belt is the WAC.... the perceived better league in the region. Just like the MWC got to choose who they wanted from the WAC, so does CUSA from the Sun Belt. At least we aren't in the same position we were in last year. You gotta play with the hand you're dealt.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    MTSU academics and overall reputation suck. I don't understand the knee-jerk reaction by CUSA. If anyone, I would have much preferred WKy over the mutts.
    Western Kentucky has the academic advantage, but MTSU had the market. I think MTSU only barely missed the cut last time, which is why I'm not surprised that they were added so quickly (to the extent that they were going to add anyone right away). If academics is less an issue than it was - and it might be, given who left and who is still around - then I think Arkansas State may be better positioned than WKU.

I'd guess that FAU is number 14 unless there's a block on them or a left field candidate like App State. After that, if academics is less a concern then Arkansas State. If it's more of a concern, ULL. As I said a month or two ago, ULL needed Tulane to go. I am still a bit surprised that actually happened.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I would expect Rice to go with Tulsa rather than USM. Rice, Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane have always pretty much stuck together, and USM is not that attractive from either a market or an academic standing.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I would have went with WKU due to mbb...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    CBSsports has a pretty good summary of Conference Realignments: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ball/21057704/
    Ahhh, I missed that Charlotte wouldn't be ready until 2015. That makes the addition of MTSU and the moving past 12 make more sense. They don't want a single year that they have fewer than 12. But that still leaves 13 after 2015, which probably means adding another (FAU, unless there's a block). Maybe not for a year, though conferences don't tend to wait.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I would expect Rice to go with Tulsa rather than USM. Rice, Tulsa, SMU, and Tulane have always pretty much stuck together, and USM is not that attractive from either a market or an academic standing.
    I don't think it'll be Rice, but I think that USM is less likely a target than is being supposed. Which is not to say they won't get snapped up under the right circumstances, but it'll take the right circumstances.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Of the remaining options, WKU and Texas State would be my choices, but I have not received that phone call asking about it yet.

There are already too many teams in Texas, in my view. I might give TxSt a look-over if UTEP or UTSA were to bolt... but probably not.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    There are already too many teams in Texas, in my view. I might give TxSt a look-over if UTEP or UTSA were to bolt... but probably not.
    True, but of the remaining SBC options, I would rather have Texas State than any of the rest. Better long term potential in my opinion. I thought we should have taken them over UTSA in the first place.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    CBSsports has a pretty good summary of Conference Realignments: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ball/21057704/
    I gotcha. I thought ODU was coming in 2015 with Charlotte.

Puppy LOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLOUISIANA ACE Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Ditto!! At least we can say we can have a say/vote and screw over NLU/ULM.
    Why so much hate towards ULM on this board? Just FYI, this year ULM beat all four teams headed to Conference USA from the Sun Belt. Conference USA doesn't sound very "Elite" to me. I personally think that what's going on with conference realignments is ruining college football. Boise St in the Big East, West Virginia in the Big 12, Tulane to the Big East......none of this crap makes any sense. The truth is a Conference USA/Sunblet merger would be the best case scenario for most of the two conferences members. Sunbelt owned CUSA in football this year. There really in NO difference in level of competition. I just hope ALL of our local teams continue to be successful.

I'm a ULM grad, but also a Tech fan. I root for BOTH schools. I always make a point to attend a couple of Tech games a year and enjoyed coming over this year as well. I came to the Rice game and Idaho game. Tech's got a great team this year, overall team speed really impressed me. Congrats on a good season and good luck in your bowl game.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

ULM had its first EVER winning season in FBS. C-USA had a down year.

Big whoop.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sagarin Ratings:

Lost: 95. ECU and 169. Tulane
    Found: 82. MTSU and 120. FAU

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    ULM had its first EVER winning season in FBS. C-USA had a down year.

Big whoop.
    It's about positioning for success for the long term. FWIW, MTSU has the largest budget in the Sun Belt ($26m)-- over 2.5x larger than ULM ($10m), the smallest in all of FBS.

Although, I was a bit surprised by FAU getting the nod over WKU, with their $24m budget.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by domangue View Post
    It's about positioning for success for the long term. FWIW, MTSU has the largest budget in the Sun Belt ($26m)-- over 2.5x larger than ULM ($10m), the smallest in all of FBS.
    One should always normalize athletic budgets to account for tuition.

+ Reply to Thread