+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big East

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Big East

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Well it's about time we get mentioned in the press. It only makes sense guys.

Conference USA
    By Pete Fiutak
    CollegeFootballNews.com
    Posted Nov 29, 2012

The conference in its current form: EAST: East Carolina, Marshall, Memphis, Southern Miss, UAB, UCF. WEST: Houston, Rice, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa, UTEP
    The conference in 2015 form, as of right now: Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, Southern Miss, Tulsa, UAB, UTSA, UTEP
    What's happening? Get comfortable and take a deep breath. East Carolina, Houston, Memphis, SMU, Tulane and UCF are all moving to the Big East. Charlotte and Old Dominion will be independents for a few years before becoming full members in 205. Florida Atlantic, Florida International, North Texas and Middle Tennessee are coming in from the Sun Belt, while UTSA is joining after spending one year in the WAC.
    Wacky rumor and scuttlebutt Southern Miss and Louisiana Tech are destined for the Big East, and a slew of Sun Belt programs are getting ready to make the jump.
    Throw-it-at-the-wall guess on what's going to happen Conference USA will be the land of misfit programs taking all the stars from the Sun Belt to make up for being a staging area for the Big East.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1244796.html
    No offense, but it makes no sense, especially given the Tulane pick. They need Western teams. I agree with those calling for Tulsa and UTEP

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    No offense, but it makes no sense, especially given the Tulane pick. They need Western teams. I agree with those calling for Tulsa and UTEP
    The only way La Tech and Southern Miss get into the Big East is if Cincy, Temple, Boise State, SDSU, UConn all leave. Then the the former CUSA schools will bring up their pals from CUSA.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    The only way La Tech and Southern Miss get into the Big East is if Cincy, Temple, Boise State, SDSU, UConn all leave. Then the the former CUSA schools will bring up their pals from CUSA.
    Hopefully we are considered a "pal." We haven't played a single game of football in C-USA.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I would love to see Tech go to Big E, ACC or thinking bigger,, Big 12. But what I think is funny most of all out of all of this is that Mr. Peanut killed the WAC, now he is killing the Belch.. this guy has the Anti-Midas touch LOL

Puppy easttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rougheasttexasaggie04 is a jewel in the rough

I think yall are cutting yourself short. LaTech > Southern Miss and its not even close IMO

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

I'm all for this. We need some good news; I'm tried of hearing people in my office (in DC) asking, "what happened to the end of your season?", continuing to think of the "what could have been", and all the talk of Dykes leaving. I have such a hard time watching all of this from the sidelines...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I'm all for this. We need some good news; I'm tried of hearing people in my office (in DC) asking, "what happened to the end of your season?", continuing to think of the "what could have been", and all the talk of Dykes leaving. I have such a hard time watching all of this from the sidelines...
    As a Tech fan, this has been the craziest week ever.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    Having the same thoughts, and have come to the conclusion that a couple of things probably affected our play:

#1 All this coaching recruitment had our coaches' heads in places they shouldn't have been in order to prepare for 2 final wins

#2 The two teams that beat us were the #2 & 3 teams we played in terms of talent, they had a lot of film on us, and we couldn't stop the run.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Having the same thoughts, and have come to the conclusion that a couple of things probably affected our play:

#1 All this coaching recruitment had our coaches' heads in places they shouldn't have been in order to prepare for 2 final wins

#2 The two teams that beat us were the #2 & 3 teams we played in terms of talent, they had a lot of film on us, and we couldn't stop the run.
    Well said. However, think #2 played a larger role in what happened.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Plus, my living in the northeast (of the country, not Louisiana :icon_wink, this would be sick! Although geography means what these days?....

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I think we should go ahead and accept the Big East invitiation. With all the crap that's gone on this week, they might not realize they didn't issue one.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Here' s pretty cool Google Map with all the FBS teams/conferences

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...7426,86.572266

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I think we should go ahead and accept the Big East invitiation. With all the crap that's gone on this week, they might not realize they didn't issue one.
    Love it.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Hopefully we are considered a "pal." We haven't played a single game of football in C-USA.
    This is looking more like 2 things-we entered the WAC, teams in our region bolted. At least we had a few years. Now C-USA beginning to look like "Old " Sunbelt. So we go from a conference that is going out of business to one that is watered down.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Post of the day!

+ Reply to Thread