+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WKU and NM State next?

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: WKU and NM State next?

Tulsa fans are sounding pretty sure that UTEP and Tulsa will announce MWC this week.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=604892&page=4

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Tulsa fans are sounding pretty sure that UTEP and Tulsa will announce MWC this week.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=604892&page=4

NOOOOOOO Not Tulsa!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang it!!!!!!!!!!! We need in the Big East NOW! We need to get together with Southern Miss and make a joint push to come together.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    NOOOOOOO Not Tulsa!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang it!!!!!!!!!!! We need in the Big East NOW! We need to get together with Southern Miss and make a joint push to come together.
    The good news is that MWC is reworking their TV deal so Boise State and SDSU might be going back to MWC. Which would open up two slots for us and Southen Miss.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    The good news is that MWC is reworking their TV deal so Boise State and SDSU might be going back to MWC. Which would open up two slots for us and Southen Miss.
    The bad news is we've got DR and BVDV representing us.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus_KKY View Post
    Well, neither us nor Southern Miss have any bowl distractions, so we should be meeting now. If we team up as a package deal, we could make this happen. In many ways, it will be a semi regional conference. Houston, SMU, Tulane, Southern Miss, E. Carolina, one of the Florida schools that I can't tell apart....

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

In the event that Boise, SDSU, Tulsa, and UTEP join the MWC, I may start hoping that UH/SMU join them.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    In the event that Boise, SDSU, Tulsa, and UTEP join the MWC, I may start hoping that UH/SMU join them.
    To MWC or back to CUSA? In my opinion, UH, SMU, E. Carolina, and Tulane should re-evaluate QUICKLY and come back to CUSA. It would destroy Big East Football. My only question is if our 2 newest members make us too large if they returned.

There are 2 choices here - we try to get in the Big East or we work on the merger of CUSA and MWC quick.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

To MWC or back to CUSA? In my opinion, UH, SMU, E. Carolina, and Tulane should re-evaluate QUICKLY and come back to CUSA. It would destroy Big East Football. My only question is if our 2 newest members make us too large if they returned.

There are 2 choices here - we try to get in the Big East or we work on the merger of CUSA and MWC quick.
    MWC. Returning to Conference USA is not really an option or is a near-last resort. A 16-team MWC has greater allure, if things don't work out with C*USA.

I have a theory that the MWC-CUSA merger was a con job that Britton Banowski ran on Craig Thompson. Just speculation, but it's the sort of thing a sly cat like CBB would do.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

MWC. Returning to Conference USA is not really an option or is a near-last resort. A 16-team MWC has greater allure, if things don't work out with C*USA.

I have a theory that the MWC-CUSA merger was a con job that Britton Banowski ran on Craig Thompson. Just speculation, but it's the sort of thing a sly cat like CBB would do.
    This is an honest question, because you know I respect your posts. Why did SMU and Houston bolt? The Big East was not stable at all and CUSA was looking pretty good. I could understand if they were aq with no playoff system coming, but it seemed like a very lateral move. It started a landslide that has really hurt CUSA. So, just wondering why move from CUSA to the Big East. BBall units would be great, but it was already known that the conference was going to fall apart with that, as well - at least, it appeared that way. Just wanted to hear your take on it.

This is an honest question, because you know I respect your posts. Why did SMU and Houston bolt? The Big East was not stable at all and CUSA was looking pretty good. I could understand if they were aq with no playoff system coming, but it seemed like a very lateral move. It started a landslide that has really hurt CUSA. So, just wondering why move from CUSA to the Big East. BBall units would be great, but it was already known that the conference was going to fall apart with that, as well - at least, it appeared that way. Just wanted to hear your take on it.
    The administration(s) had countless reasons. Things were such that even the *chance* of things not falling apart was worth it. If the Big East lost schools, you're likely be replacing them from a better group of candidates than C*USA could. Even if all the conference were left with was UH/SMU/Temple/UCF/USF/Memphis, that represents to us a group of solid, peer institutions (for us, though not SMU) from which to rebuild. At the moment, we're still better off than we were in Conference USA.

For me personally, the big selling point was that if we didn't go, UCF and ECU would have. That would have been a major blow to the conference. The conference as we knew it was in danger regardless of what we did. And SMU was going with or without us, and we weren't going to be left behind by SMU in favor of North Texas. What was the source of SMU's enthusiasm? TCU-envy might account for part of it. Or the idea of being associated with the private BBall schools. But the big thing for me, and it probably had not escaped the attention of the AD's, is that some of the conference's key programs were right in the Big East's footprint or not too far from it, and they were as good as gone if we hadn't said yes.

Puppy Cougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCougar King Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

We're evaluating what's on the table and I assure you that coming back to C-USA is NOT one of them. All I'm gonna say is that we have some bigger fish to fry and I'll leave it at that.

The administration(s) had countless reasons. Things were such that even the *chance* of things not falling apart was worth it. If the Big East lost schools, you're likely be replacing them from a better group of candidates than C*USA could. Even if all the conference were left with was UH/SMU/Temple/UCF/USF/Memphis, that represents to us a group of solid, peer institutions (for us, though not SMU) from which to rebuild. At the moment, we're still better off than we were in Conference USA.

For me personally, the big selling point was that if we didn't go, UCF and ECU would have. That would have been a major blow to the conference. The conference as we knew it was in danger regardless of what we did. And SMU was going with or without us, and we weren't going to be left behind by SMU in favor of North Texas. What was the source of SMU's enthusiasm? TCU-envy might account for part of it. Or the idea of being associated with the private BBall schools. But the big thing for me, and it probably had not escaped the attention of the AD's, is that some of the conference's key programs were right in the Big East's footprint or not too far from it, and they were as good as gone if we hadn't said yes.
    That is the best explanation I have seen on it. It does seem to me that it would be smart to settle into a good stable non-aq conference, unless an aq comes calling (or now a playoff eligible conference). The non-aq's are jumping from conference to conference with lateral moves. I wish we could all settle on one good one that we stick with (unless the B12, ACC, B10, or SEC comes calling). Seems we are hurting ourselves by jumping around so much. It weakens us. Just my opinion.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Maybe the basketball schools say enough and bolt. Then the CUSA move ups could re-build the Big East (possibly with some of their buddies still stuck in CUSA :icon_wink.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar King View Post
    We're evaluating what's on the table and I assure you that coming back to C-USA is NOT one of them. All I'm gonna say is that we have some bigger fish to fry and I'll leave it at that.
    You haven't yet fried the fish you've got. You might try that first.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    You haven't yet fried the fish you've got. You might try that first.
    I guess he means Houston is holding their breath for a Big 12 invite.

+ Reply to Thread