+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WKU and NM State next?

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Re: WKU and NM State next?

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Florida A&M, JMU, Liberty, or perhaps North Alabama? I think all of them have made noises in the past few years about moving up.
    I think JMU will pass. They might take C*USA, but probably not Sun Belt. North Alabama is making the transition from D2. FAMU and Liberty are possibilities. I'd guess that Lamar and Jacksonville State are the most likely. Last I heard, both of them were actively looking for a way up.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

I hope we all realize that CUSA is now the Sunbelt.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    I hope we all realize that CUSA is now the Sunbelt.
    Well, no. Those left behind are just as important in their absence as those brought in are in their presence.

Having said that, I probably wouldn't be so quick to dance on the grave of the SBC if it were to come to that. It's psychologically beneficial to be able to look down on another conference. It's also logistically helpful to have another conference to pluck teams from as required.
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I can't believe there are people that prefer ull/arkyst. Amazed some of you don't grasp the benefits of being a level above the other regional schools. It's an incredibly simple concept and 100% correct.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I didn't want to be in a conference with Mtsu/wku/nmsu/fau either but that is small potatoes compared with avoiding being joined at the hip with ull/ulm/arkyst. For a myriad of reasons we need to always be in a conference AT LEAST a peg above them.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

No official announcement on WKU and NM State. They are saying they are next in line if anyone else leaves. Kind of sounds like CUSA is expecting to lose more teams.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Florida A&M, JMU, Liberty, or perhaps North Alabama? I think all of them have made noises in the past few years about moving up.
    Don't think FAMU would leave the HBCU group.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Good move to take NMSU. Playing defense by keeping the Sunbelt from getting them and we pick up a good basketball program. Should have laid off FAU or FIU or one of those losers.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Cusa board has nm state and w ky as "on deck" for anticipated defectors. More shuffling to come. At least rumor has it.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Don't think FAMU would leave the HBCU group.
    It's a footnote now, but they already tried. It's how they ended up as an Independent in 2004.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I'm not sure about the situation with Idaho
    In the last decade or so, the MAC has tossed FBO lifelines to UCF and Temple. I would not be stunned if they bailed out the Vandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    In the last decade or so, the MAC has tossed FBO lifelines to UCF and Temple. I would not be stunned if they bailed out the Vandals.
    At this point I would think Idaho back to the Sunbelt is a no brainer. (at least FBO) They are in full on survival mode. Hell if CUSA can't be very picky they REALLY can't be picky!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I didn't want to be in a conference with Mtsu/wku/nmsu/fau either but that is small potatoes compared with avoiding being joined at the hip with ull/ulm/arkyst. For a myriad of reasons we need to always be in a conference AT LEAST a peg above them.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Good move to take NMSU. Playing defense by keeping the Sunbelt from getting them and we pick up a good basketball program. Should have laid off FAU or FIU or one of those losers.
    Yeppers

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    How does taking NMSU kill the Sun Belt???

Why NMSU? I'd much rather have ASU.
    Some of you people have officially gone crazy. (Just like the people making these conference realignment decisions!)

This musical chairs game is past the point of silly.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I think JMU will pass. They might take C*USA, but probably not Sun Belt. North Alabama is making the transition from D2. FAMU and Liberty are possibilities. I'd guess that Lamar and Jacksonville State are the most likely. Last I heard, both of them were actively looking for a way up.
    Why would anybody that's got a good FCS program want to jump into FBS right now? It just seems dumb and costly to me.

+ Reply to Thread