+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WKU and NM State next?

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Re: WKU and NM State next?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You better hope that doesn't happen, Dwayne. It would be Southland Conference days all over again. We'd lose a lot of supporters --especially our "out of state" supporters-- with that move.

I'm already concerned that this new CUSA thing is going to actually COST us some Tech fans. People just aren't going to be interested in watching Tech play some of these new schools.
    Odds are it's going to be them or A-State or both...

And we really don't have much say so in the matter - 1 vote actually, the worse case scenario happened for us when Tulane bolted - they were the buffer to keep them out of the neighborhood
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

And we really don't have much say so in the matter - 1 vote actually, the worse case scenario happened for us when Tulane bolted - they were the buffer to keep them out of the neighborhood
    Oh well.....if that's the case, I'm sure people like me can find something else to do with our time and money.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Oh well.....if that's the case, I'm sure people like me can find something else to do with our time and money.
    Baylor WBB is exciting...

...or sorting socks is exciting.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Baylor WBB is exciting...

...or sorting socks is exciting.
    Actually.....Baylor WBB REALLY IS more exciting than watching some of those Sunbelt teams play.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I think it depends how many openings we (C-USA) end up with and how big we (C-USA) want to go.

I'm pretty confident that NM State, WKU, Georgia State, and Texas State are all ahead of ULL and Arky State on Banowsky's list.

The longer it takes the BTN and SECN to expand, I think the better chance South Alabama has of jumping them, too. If UAB gets called up to the Big East, I'd be more confident that South Alabama jumps ahead of ULL and Arky State.

I think ULL would get invited before Arky State because ULL isn't as poor as Arky State. Jonesboro is a tiny market, and Arky State has poor academics. However, ArkSt's admin appears to have their stuff together, and ULL's admin appears clueless. But if we do have one bullet to shoot, I hope we shoot down ULL. Would Guice pull the trigger?

I see anywhere from 3-6 openings in the next 2 years. After that, I don't think there will be much movement until the Big 12/LHN tv contracts expire a little over a decade from now.

If I were a ULL or stAte fan, I would be really worried right now.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-07-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The longer it takes the BTN and SECN to expand, I think the better chance South Alabama has of jumping them, too. If UAB gets called up to the Big East, I'd be more confident that South Alabama jumps ahead of ULL and Arky State.
    If UAB gets the BE nod, then I'd say USA is in really good shape. And, if not USA, then Troy may actually be ahead of Arkansas State. But USA is probably ahead of Troy, and USA would then put Arkansas State ahead of Troy (no need for two Alabama schools).
    University of Houston '01. Any references to "we" or "us" likely refer to UH. Cheers!

If I were a ULL or stAte fan, I would be really worried right now.
    Why? If the Big East continues to pick off quality CUSA teams, there really won't be a difference between CUSA and the Belt. In fact, at the rate things are going, I'm not convinced that CUSA will be better at all. The only reason it's better for us is because we don't have to associate with the ULX's.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Why? If the Big East continues to pick off quality CUSA teams, there really won't be a difference between CUSA and the Belt. In fact, at the rate things are going, I'm not convinced that CUSA will be better at all. The only reason it's better for us is because we don't have to associate with the ULX's.
    There's no guarantee that Benson will find enough FCS teams willing and able to move up.

Appalachian State was pretty outspoken about not wanting to go to the Belch. Maybe they've changed their stance.

If Benson does convince enough to move up (and I'm sure he will), then there would still be a pretty big gap between C-USA and the Belch.

The Belch could end up looking something like this in a couple years...
    - Arky State
    - La-Lafayette
    - La-Monroe
    - Troy State
    - South Alabama
    - UA-Little Rock (non-football)
    - UT-Arlington (non-football)
    - Lamar
    - Georgia Southern
    - Appalachian State
    - James Madison
    - Liberty

Talk about little sisters of the poor. That conference would qualify for food stamps.

There's no guarantee that Benson will find enough FCS teams willing and able to move up.

Appalachian State was pretty outspoken about not wanting to go to the Belch. Maybe they've changed their stance.

If Benson does convince enough to move up (and I'm sure he will), then there would still be a pretty big gap between C-USA and the Belch.

The Belch could end up looking something like this in a couple years...
    - Arky State
    - La-Lafayette
    - La-Monroe
    - Troy State
    - South Alabama
    - UA-Little Rock (non-football)
    - UT-Arlington (non-football)
    - Lamar
    - Georgia Southern
    - Appalachian State
    - James Madison
    - Liberty

Talk about little sisters of the poor. That conference would qualify for food stamps.
    So, essentially ULL needs to pray that LA Tech gets invited to the nBE, so a spot potentially opens up for the Cajuns in CUSA?

So, essentially ULL needs to pray that LA Tech gets invited to the nBE, so a spot potentially opens up for the Cajuns in CUSA?
    Yes. I think ULL needs a lot of movement to get a C-USA invite. I don't think ULL is in the top 5 on Banowsky's short list.

Yes. I think ULL needs a lot of movement to get a C-USA invite. I don't think ULL is in the top 5 on Banowsky's short list.
    Aaahhhhh! Some good news after all.

+ Reply to Thread