+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do we need to ante up NOW to keep Coach White?

Varsity Bulldog ETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of lightETXBULLDOG is a glorious beacon of light

Re: How much do we need to ante up NOW to keep Coach White?

I'm in for $500 LFR

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Although I am very high on coach White, I tend to agree. I would like to first show our commitment to him by showing commitment to the program through SIGNIFICANT facilities upgrades - front and center is the TAC video board.

Since BVDV won't ask for it, I will. If my understanding is correct, we're still a measley $50K short of the amount needed for the board. If that is correct, BB&B should pony that up immediately and get this done!

How about 100 of us put up $250 each and two kick in $5,000 each. I'll put up the rest.
    Thank you.

Tech is not likely to win a price war on ANY good coach, much less someone with the pedigree of White. He has some of the best connections you can have as a MBB coach.

With MBB (as with all our sports, really), we need to focus less on "what will it take to keep Coach X" and more on continuous PROGRAM improvements. Sure, part of that will be improving their salary contract, but MOST of it will be in showing that we are CONTINUOUSLY investing to improve the program. That is more likely to keep somebody who really wants to build a PROGRAM. And it also puts us in a better position to reload with a decent coach and keep marching forward when we inevitably get outspent in the salary department.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Brian,

I think that is something we are missing in all sports. I think all coaches would be happier if they knew there was an effort every year to improve some aspect of the facilities. You have to improve everything with regularity. If your facilities stink and you can't get players, then you can't keep coaches no matter what you pay them.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic techblue4 and ETXBULLDOG. I'll keep an informal list of interested contributors. Another of our own stepped-up this morning for $5,000!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Brian,

I think that is something we are missing in all sports. I think all coaches would be happier if they knew there was an effort every year to improve some aspect of the facilities. You have to improve everything with regularity. If your facilities stink and you can't get players, then you can't keep coaches no matter what you pay them.
    Yep, and not just facilities, but equipment, assistant/support staff, marketing, game promotions, etc. We need continuous improvement across all areas. That is the only way the "just win" formula works. When those components are there, and the winning begins, then we start to see palpable excitement that in turn converts into more revenue for the program.

We are actually seeing this in football this year. The one area Dooley really excelled was laying this kind of foundation, and though we still have TONS of work to do, that continuous improvement is still trending upward. That, plus winning, are why ticket sales (not to mention real life butts in seats) are at an all time high.

We need to give coaches reason to believe that we are continually working to give them the tools they need to be successful. (Notice, I did not say we have to have all the tools they need RIGHT NOW.)

If we focus too much on just HC salary, we end up playing a dangerous and unprofitable game of coaching roulette.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

That's fantastic techblue4 and ETXBULLDOG. I'll keep an informal list of interested contributors. Another of our own stepped-up this morning for $5,000!
    Pls add me to the $250 list & I'll most likely step that up to $500 if needed. I'm interested to see what kind of response your proposal gets.

GREAT idea, btw.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Although I am very high on coach White, I tend to agree. I would like to first show our commitment to him by showing commitment to the program through SIGNIFICANT facilities upgrades - front and center is the TAC video board.

Since BVDV won't ask for it, I will. If my understanding is correct, we're still a measley $50K short of the amount needed for the board. If that is correct, BB&B should pony that up immediately and get this done!

How about 100 of us put up $250 each and two kick in $5,000 each. I'll put up the rest.
    I don't have $250 to give right now, but if someone will partner with me I can probably swing $125

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Pls add me to the $250 list & I'll most likely step that up to $500 if needed. I'm interested to see what kind of response your proposal gets.

GREAT idea, btw.
    Ditto!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

$500
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I'm in for $250 LFR

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    I'm in for $250 LFR
    Beautiful. I'll have to tally today's pledges, but I know we're already close to $10k!! (not counting me)

If we can get one or two or three (or more) to combine for one more $5,000 pledge, we'll have a real chance of doing this.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm in...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Rafe also makes a very strong point on on the aademic help...

I want that for basketball...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

If we can get one or two or three (or more) to combine for one more $5,000 pledge, we'll have a real chance of doing this.
    I'm in for $1,000.

HD

+ Reply to Thread