+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boycott

Puppy tydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Boycott

One last thing, president and CEO of Indy bowl sponsor is a tech grad!

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

I won't punish Tech for this but you can bet i will never buy another ticket to any game played in Shreveport again. I blame the I-Bowl for causing this situation. Yes our Admin made a poor choice in hind sight but we wouldn't be in this situation if the I-Bowl had not forced us to decide before seeing how the other bowl invites would play out. Boycott the independnce stadium I say!

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by greggrambling View Post
    so you boycotters want to go to a third rate bowl in a third rate town in a fifth rate stadium and play the warthogs? we don't owe anything to anyone involved...you want to blame someone/something, try the bcs bs and the idiotic bowl/conference tie ins that guarantees lousy teams in formerly respectable bowl games. I'd rather stay home than meet nlsc in state fair stadium in a game sponsored by a pyramid scheme.
    I'm with Greg on this one. I don't want to go back to the crap hole Independence Stadium.

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    I personally will not spend another dime on Louisiana Tech athletics until heads roll in the administration of our athletic department. This includes: season tickets, merchandise, single game tickets, and LTAC dues.

Who's with me? We cannot stand for this.
    That will help our program. Stop supporting and post in on Internet so players and recruits can read it.

We got caught in perfect storm. Move on.....and move forward!

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

This whole scenario sounds exactly like the conference shuffle game. The WAC was falling apart. The Sunbelt invited us off the sinking ship and we said thanks but no thanks and burned that bridge with no guarantee that CUSA would ever come calling. That was a decision 99.9% of us agreed with and it could have blown up a lot worse than this. Now, our administration makes the same decision, betting that we will get a better invite, and the Indy Bowl probably thought they would just teach us a lesson not to accept the easy, certain, lesser path. In my opinion, that was a risk worth taking.

That said, once we knew we were going to be left out, if we still turned down the Indy Bowl, then I will probably be buying general admin tickets next year rather than having chair backs and a LTAC membership.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    This.

Please, folks, pull your heads out of your butts before you post. Spreading the kind of misguide tripe that was in the first few posts in this thread does nothing to help our university.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I agree 100%! If we were already in CUSA, this would have been avoided as well. I hope each of you will ask yourself the question of when the lower tier bowls started getting to have early commitments rather than wait until the higher tiers had made their selections? And the I-bowl is a lower tier. Anyone would have been tempted to take the gamble.
    These are key observations. And any boycott crap is nonsense. First we need to know the facts. We've at least heard from BVDV. Is the I Bowl hiding, in spin control, or what? Can they contradict BVDV? I want to know the facts.

As Tech fans we can overcome this. We need to give more, attend more. CUSA will be a huge sell to recruits and underclassmen. WE NEED TO GO ABOUT BUILDING WINNING PROGRAMS IN A WINNING CONFERENCE. Winning starts with us as supporters and fans with $$, attendance, demanding performance and accountability from admins.

Boycott knuckleheads and power trippers. SUPPORT OUR TEAMS AND OUR UNIVERSITY. Demand accountability.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

LFR is exactly right.

I am NOT a Bruce apologist, but he gambled on his only winning move and lost. I'd have made the same decision, and so would have 99% of the people running their mouths all over their keyboards and mobile devices. The other 1% would have spent the last week searching for a way to lie their way around us playing in the Indy bowl when we could have gone to Dallas or Memphis.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If we had jumped on the I Bowl's ultimatum and later it became clear we could have had HOD or Liberty people would have been incensed.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I don't give and go to support the Administration. I give and go to support the Boys. And so should you all.
    AMEN! And right now....they are heartbroken.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I first applaud Dawgmatic, I to support the team and not the administration,but the two are tied together at the hip whether we want them to be or not. There is no one on the board who does not what to go to Shreveport more than me,but lets get real. We are the third best team in a conference that sucks! How many years have we hoped to be six and six so we could go to any bowl game? We should take what offer we get and try to be better next year!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

I intend to continue supporting my school as I have done since the first day I stepped on campus in September 1961. And, for the record, I will continue not supporting the I-Bowl since I have done since they dumped on us back in the '90's - unless the Dawgs are in it. I'll see most of you at the Joe next September.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

It is precisely because we love our Dawgs that we should not put up with incompetence that hurts us. If BVDV had only been involved in this one scandal, I might let him off easy. Combine that with the lack of commitment to Q4E among other things, and we start to see that the rabbit hole goes deeper. SD will not take responsibility for TS, BVDV won't hold him to anything, and DR has no idea what's going on.

Things need to change, we need to speak. Boycotting the Dawgs is not the answer. The iBowl, however, is fair game.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

​NO BOYCOTT HERE! We must do all we can to improve our University!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If we had jumped on the I Bowl's ultimatum and later it became clear we could have had HOD or Liberty people would have been incensed.
    Scenario 1: Kent State wins resulting in Tech being bumped out of the HOD and Liberty Bowl. => VERY LIKELY

Scenario 2: NIU wins resulting in Tech being bumped out of the HOD and Liberty Bowl. => POSSIBLE

We HAD the best case scenario take place and it blew up in our face! Our expectations were set based on unrealistic fantasy. BVD did not do his homework.

HOD or Liberty Bowl was always an outside shot at best after Georgia Tech got the waiver.

Bulldog jimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nicejimwwms is just really nice jimwwms's Avatar

The only thing we should boycott is "home games" in Shreveport!

Bruce owes no apology and should not be fired over this. If he had let the I-Bowl bully him into accepting their offer AND if NIU not gotten into the top 16, we would ALL want his head for letting them bully him and us missing a better bowl.

We all had high hopes until the USU overtime loss to be in a BCS bowl. Yes we are disappointed.

Btw, this is not the first time the I-Bowl screwed us ... Remember Ratay's senior year? I say it every year, NO MORE "home games" in Shreveport!!! That is something the Shreveport folks will take note of!

+ Reply to Thread