+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dykes should go

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Dykes should go

He has his foot out the door already. Can we fire him? Him, Bruce, Spangler. If he had his hand in this, of course...

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Dykes should go

Whatever we do, we shouldn't fire Dykes. That is the most ridiculous thing I've seen suggested on this forum. I do agree that we need to let Spangler go. Despite his success in the past, having the worst defense in the country is completely unacceptable.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post
    He has his foot out the door already. Can we fire him? Him, Bruce, Spangler. If he had his hand in this, of course...
    What reasonable person would think a coach would have had a hand in turning down a bowl game, when it was either a lesser bowl game, or none?

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Dykes had his hand in the hold out - this is fact. He was consulted and agreed that the best decision was to hold the Ibowl offer. I agree with him BUT not if he knows there's a chance this can happen. Bruce and Dan didn't make these decisions on their own... Dykes had some role in it.
    And if he was more actively involved... not interviewing on both coasts but rather looking out for his team, this may have never happened.

Sonny was part of the contingent that agreed to hold out. Therefore he is also responsible.

Varsity Bulldog ceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to beholdceb420 is a splendid one to behold

Dykes had his hand in the hold out - this is fact. He was consulted and agreed that the best decision was to hold the Ibowl offer. I agree with him BUT not if he knows there's a chance this can happen. Bruce and Dan didn't make these decisions on their own... Dykes had some role in it.
    And if he was more actively involved... not interviewing on both coasts but rather looking out for his team, this may have never happened.

Sonny was part of the contingent that agreed to hold out. Therefore he is also responsible.
    Wouldn't you have done the same if you thought there was a better option for your program and university? The more I think about it, the more I realize we got screwed by the system.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    Wouldn't you have done the same if you thought there was a better option for your program and university? The more I think about it, the more I realize we got screwed by the system.
    As someone said in another thread, it was the perfect storm. There was a slim chance something like this would happen and it did, just like a bad bet, now we have to live with it, learn from it, and move forward.

As for firing Dykes, two wrongs are not going to make a right and I hope he has learned something from this also. I think SD could have found a better way to go about this job hunt/exploration deal, maybe not a good one, but at least a better one. That one is on you Sonny, if you stay, don't let it happen again.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Totally irrational comment.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ceb420 View Post
    This.

Had we accepted the Indy invite and better options became available (which all signs were pointing to), the same fans would be calling for everyone to be fired, as they are now. It was a gamble, and the odds were in our favor. Unfortunately, we lost.

I was pissed at first and wanting to point fingers, but it is what it is. We will move on and we are still headed in the right direction. At least we are on the map enough that this is making national news. Years ago no one outside of Ruston would've given two shits enough to write a story about this mess.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

[QUOTE=Chris29;1312559]This.

Had we accepted the Indy invite and better options became available (which all signs were pointing to), the same fans would be calling for everyone to be fired, as they are now. It was a gamble, and the odds were in our favor. Unfortunately, we lost.

I was pissed at first and wanting to point fingers, but it is what it is. We will move on and we are still headed in the right direction. At least we are on the map enough that this is making national news. Years ago no one outside of Ruston would've given two shits enough to write a story about this mess.[/QUOTE]Good Post!!! Green for you.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

Stupid thread. To the Pit

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    What reasonable person would think a coach would have had a hand in turning down a bowl game, when it was either a lesser bowl game, or none?
    Sonny's inattention to defense during the season had a lot to do with this fiasco.

+ Reply to Thread