+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do not understand IBowl?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Re: Do not understand IBowl?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    BS

I take it that you have never personally stayed up until about 3 in the morning on a Saturday night having to deal with a committee, making & receiving constant calls & trying to put your bowl in the best possible position then. It will eventually come out that the tv partner was not going to allow a bowl game of which they own the tv rights to invite 2 teams from small regional markets to play. Yes we were strongarmed by the Indy Bowl. But I am sure that most of the committee members see it as doing there jobs. They do have competition you know. Like I said before, the Liberty Bowl screwed us. That was probably a tv power play also.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    KTVE interviewed the Ibowl chairman....put the blame on Sonny.....said Sonny did not want to play in Shreveport.....
    Is there video of this?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

If I read one more comment attributing this debacle to Dykes, I'm done with this forum. It was the AD's job to get us in a bowl. We had a 9-3 record and lost to teams with a COMBINED loss total of 6. That is less combined losses by opponents than just about any team in the country. It's not a threat (like any of you cares), but I will be avoiding this forum and focusing on basketball going forward. See you in Natchitoches.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I take it that you have never personally stayed up until about 3 in the morning on a Saturday night having to deal with a committee, making & receiving constant calls & trying to put your bowl in the best possible position then. It will eventually come out that the tv partner was not going to allow a bowl game of which they own the tv rights to invite 2 teams from small regional markets to play. Yes we were strongarmed by the Indy Bowl. But I am sure that most of the committee members see it as doing there jobs. They do have competition you know. Like I said before, the Liberty Bowl screwed us. That was probably a tv power play also.
    Are you a Tech Alum on the I-bowl committee?

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

So ESPN or I-Bowl thinks Ohio or any MAC school will bring in more viewers, much less 1/10th of the fans, a Tech team would. That's funny

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

If this is so then when the I Bowl formally invited NLU the bowl totally wrote Tech off. So, if they wanted Tech, why not get Ohio Saturday and give us the time we wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    If this is so then when the I Bowl formally invited NLU the bowl totally wrote Tech off. So, if they wanted Tech, why not get Ohio Saturday and give us the time we wanted?
    Exactly, his whole story is bogus.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Exactly. I wonder if the I-bowl felt snubbed by our delay (maybe they think we are beneath them) and offered ulm in spite. And once ulm was penciled in, were we effectively blocked from later accepting the I-Bowl bid due to TV requirements?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...velde/1741769/

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Of course, the media (Shreveport times, etc.) would spin this as us declining the bowl because we are afraid of playing ulm.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    If I read one more comment attributing this debacle to Dykes, I'm done with this forum. It was the AD's job to get us in a bowl. We had a 9-3 record and lost to teams with a COMBINED loss total of 6. That is less combined losses by opponents than just about any team in the country. It's not a threat (like any of you cares), but I will be avoiding this forum and focusing on basketball going forward. See you in Natchitoches.
    Totally agree.

This isn't SD's fault. That's just crazy.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

The question still remains that the I-Bowl will NEVER answer (at least nto honestly) Why did they JUST HAVE TO know Saturday night??? Ohio was going NO WHERE. Almost EVERY bowl in the country waited until Sunday why couldn't they??

The I-Bowl was scared Ohio might get snatched up for another Bowl

Quote from
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...velde/1741769/

"Van De Velde said he received a call from Missy Setters, the executive director of the Independence Bowl, on Saturday during halftime of the Oklahoma-TCU game. Setters told Van De Velde that the bowl needed an immediate decision. Van De Velde told Setters that he was still waiting on other opportunities, and that he wouldn't know how the Liberty Bowl and Heart of Dallas Bowl would go until Sunday. Setters replied that if Louisiana Tech wasn't ready to move on Saturday afternoon, the Independence Bowl would take a MAC team – Ohio.

PREVIOUSLY: Louisiana Tech could crash BCS party
    "We had played there in 2008, and the sponsor is a graduate of Louisiana Tech, so I thought they would wait for us," Van De Velde said. "We all agreed we wanted to wait, so we said to them, 'We don't want to turn it down, but we need time to see how this plays out.' "

Last edited by longdawgview; 12-03-2012 at 12:18 AM. Reason: ther Bowl

Yeah Ohio was gonna get snatched up. Some of us are blaming Sonny for us losing our last 2 and saying THAT is why we aren't bowling???? Ohio lost their last 3 and last 4 out of 5 and they are going bowling. And on top of that they aren't going to travel worth a shit. The I-Bowl snubbed us. Plain and Simple. Ohio wasn't going anywhere.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    The question still remains that the I-Bowl will NEVER answer (at least nto honestly) Why did they JUST HAVE TO know Saturday night??? Ohio was going NO WHERE. Almost EVERY bowl in the country waited until Sunday why couldn't they??
    Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    The I-Bowl was scared Ohio might get snatched up for another Bowl

Yep, none of this makes any sense. Sure has the appearance of some I bowl agenda. Otherwise, wait until Sunday, do what's best for the bowl. We were snubbed for some reason for sure.

Puppy Nautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Yep, none of this makes any sense. Sure has the appearance of some I bowl agenda. Otherwise, wait until Sunday, do what's best for the bowl. We were snubbed for some reason for sure.
    Snubbed? Seriously? Two facts are indisputable.
    1. The I-Bowl extended an invitation to La Tech
    2. La Tech is not playing in the I-Bowl

Now, since the I-Bowl sent the invitation and is hosting the party, you're upset that they dictated the terms of the RSVP. Guess what? It's THEIR party. Tech took a gamble and lost. Period. They should have accepted the invite when offered. Period.

+ Reply to Thread