+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not understand IBowl?

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Do not understand IBowl?

Wonder why they had to have a decision early. Other bowls waited until today. I would think the bowl and the city would support our efforts to grow and give us time in case bigger bowl came along. Other cowls have done this for local teams.

You think Bowl in Boise would have done this to Boise St.?
    Hawaii bowl do this to

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Re: Do not understand IBowl?

Tim Fletcher's tweets:

"All is not what it may seem with @LATechFB and Independence Bowl. Our source: Tech was in line for Liberty Bowl---if three things happened... Kent State win; Texas loss; OU win. All 3 take place---but NIU surprises with BCS. Liberty then pulls switcheroo by taking 6-6 Iowa State to face Tulsa. My source says Tech CALLS I-Bowl back today---asks back in... I-Bowl denies Tech. Why did I-Bowl not wait to see how things fleshed out before sending out invitation? Tech hoped to play in higher payout bowl game (Liberty). Yes, @LATechFB could have played their cards much different. But it appears I-Bowl is also guilty of letting emotion get in the way."

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Tech gave the middle finger to Indy and then crawled back to them thinking that Indy would be sitting on their hands waiting and ecstatic to have us.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    Tim Fletcher's tweets:

"All is not what it may seem with @LATechFB and Independence Bowl. Our source: Tech was in line for Liberty Bowl---if three things happened... Kent State win; Texas loss; OU win. All 3 take place---but NIU surprises with BCS. Liberty then pulls switcheroo by taking 6-6 Iowa State to face Tulsa. My source says Tech CALLS I-Bowl back today---asks back in... I-Bowl denies Tech. Why did I-Bowl not wait to see how things fleshed out before sending out invitation? Tech hoped to play in higher payout bowl game (Liberty). Yes, @LATechFB could have played their cards much different. But it appears I-Bowl is also guilty of letting emotion get in the way."
    Screw the lsu hacks and homers on the IBowl committee. They knew exactly what they were doing. The IBowl Committee, once they lost their conference tie in slots, didn't give a rip who they invited. And if they could screw over TECH all the better. Yes Tech ADMs gambled and rightly so as we all would have rather a HOD and Liberty Bowl slot which was looking great up until N.Ill slips into a BCS Bowl and really messes up the world.
    TECH grads should never ever attend an IBowl again!!

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Screw the lsu hacks and homers on the IBowl committee. They knew exactly what they were doing. The IBowl Committee, once they lost their conference tie in slots, didn't give a rip who they invited. And if they could screw over TECH all the better. Yes Tech ADMs gambled and rightly so as we all would have rather a HOD and Liberty Bowl slot which was looking great up until N.Ill slips into a BCS Bowl and really messes up the world.
    TECH grads should never ever attend an IBowl again!!
    My God.

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

IBowl selects Ohio to play ULM.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    Tim Fletcher's tweets:

Tech was in no position to tell any bowl....hang on, we will get back to you. That is simple arrogance that Tech has not earned. Simple as that.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Puppy HammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the earsHammondDawg seems to have something between the ears

It's not the I-Bowl's fault, no matter how they want to spin it. For anybody here who runs a business, if you offer a position to someone and they say, "no," or "I'll get back to you," you're moving on down the road. Especially when the implication is you're not worthy and there's something out there better. We chose to go I-A years ago because we thought bowl games were more prestigious and would enhance our image nationwide. And now we turn one down???? Give me a FB!!! We're now the laughing stock of the country, and deservedly so.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

The problem is that we have such a bad working relationship with the IBowl. We put 40,000 people in their stadium this october and this BS is how we're repaid. BVDV and the Ibowl reps are all to blame. Do yall think selected ULM over Tech will cost them in tickets? I'm not so sure, the ibowl would have been a big disappointment for most of our fans (not saying we should have turned them down).

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

I see the Independence Bowl's point. With the SEC & ACC both unable to send teams, they needed at least one local or regional team for attendance & E$PN never would have allowed an intrastate I-20 football matchup. This is why LA Tech vs USL/ULL was never a possibility the last time around. The second pick was driven by E$PN. Let's face it, we all wanted a better bowl so we chanced it & got bit in the ass. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play NLU/ULM & everything to do with our desire for a better bowl & better opponent. If the Indy Bowl had explained it this way to BVD...then I bet he took the chance. I cannot blame him for this. The real screwing that we took was from the Liberty Bowl choosing Iowa ST over us. Again that was probably about tv dollars.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

But almost EVERY other bowl could wait till Sunday why couldn't the I-Bowl. While I am not endorsing the position of Tech's leadership, I also think there is more than meets the eye here and I think the I Bowl had an axe to grind here. IF they wait and get Tech they are almost g'teed a sell out but instead they just HAD to have Ohio ASAP?? OHIO??? They are not exactly a hot commodity.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Never so no to them in first place...why would they want to be our fall back bowl
    The lower tier bowls normally wait- and that is what the I-bowl is. They played bully and yes, they stuck it to us, but they lose too. We would bring the #1 offense, and ulm will bring very little excitement and very a much smaller crowd.

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HammondDawg View Post
    It's not the I-Bowl's fault, no matter how they want to spin it. For anybody here who runs a business, if you offer a position to someone and they say, "no," or "I'll get back to you," you're moving on down the road. Especially when the implication is you're not worthy and there's something out there better. We chose to go I-A years ago because we thought bowl games were more prestigious and would enhance our image nationwide. And now we turn one down???? Give me a FB!!! We're now the laughing stock of the country, and deservedly so.
    When it relates to jobs you are wanting the work pretty quickly. There is no reason the Independence bowl could not have waited till today like many other bowls did. It is their fault. They thought that they were going to lose us to a bigger game too and so they tried to strong arm us. Now we both lose.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I see the Independence Bowl's point. With the SEC & ACC both unable to send teams, they needed at least one local or regional team for attendance & E$PN never would have allowed an intrastate I-20 football matchup. This is why LA Tech vs USL/ULL was never a possibility. The second pick was driven by E$PN. Let's face it, we all wanted a better bowl so we chanced it & got bit in the ass. It has nothing to do with not wanting to play NLU/ULM & everything to do with our desire for a better bowl & better opponent. If the Indy Bowl had explained it this way to BVD...then I bet he took the chance. I cannot blame him for this. The real screwing that we took was from the Liberty Bowl choosing Iowa ST over us. Again that was probably about tv dollars.
    yep

+ Reply to Thread