+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BleedTechBlue: Et tu, Brute?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: BleedTechBlue: Et tu, Brute?

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81 View Post
    Guys. I sat right here in my living room and laid this exact scenario out to my wife about how we had a decent chance of staying home this year if NIU won their game. If I could see it as a possibility surely BVDV could too. My question is didn't BVDV have some idea about the snakes on the I-Bowl committee? Saying no to them was the kiss of death. No way to come back later! There will come a year when we are 6-6 or 7-5 and look to them for a bid and it will never come. We've burned that bridge.
    EXACTLY!! A bowl game against UC-Santa Cruz 'Fighting Banana Slugs' is still a bowl game.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

While I'm extremely disappointed that we're not going to a bowl game, I couldn't give two twits about the IBowl. This isnt' the first time the IBowl has turned it's back on Tech. They are NOT our friend. I couldn't care less if Tech ever set foot in that stadium again...ever again.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Indy Bowl wanted a response so they could go to their plan B to make sure they got a quality game so they could move on making their arrangements. Indy Bowl called Bruce, he said hang on, they said let us know by this time, he didn't call back in time...so they moved on.

I believe that's all Ford is saying.
    When? This afternoon?

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    When? This afternoon?
    Yesterday afternoon. I am not sure what the actual deadline was, just that we didn't make it. Indy Bowl chairman mentions this same thing in ESPN article.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...3-go-bowl-game

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Ford, you don't report...you retweet crap. Reporting takes effort...your site consistent shows a lack of effort!
    Those who subscribe to my site know I deliver and cover Tech closer than nearly anyone. Sorry you feel this way.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Ford, you don't report...you retweet crap. Reporting takes effort...your site consistent shows a lack of effort!
    Sorry, but that is an ignorant statement.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

He doesn't retweet? I'm sorry I could have sworn that all I saw on his site was retweets of crap!
    That's the twitter page for BleedTechBlue.com. There are RTs on there and as I said earlier was trying to show the feelings among the fan base.

He doesn't retweet? I'm sorry I could have sworn that all I saw on his site was retweets of crap!
    Didn't say he didn't retweet. All twitter users retweet stuff. I called your statement, that he doesn't report anything, ignorant.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Those who subscribe to my site know I deliver and cover Tech closer than nearly anyone. Sorry you feel this way.
    I have a problem with the following statement that you tweeted: "LATech's AD was caught in a lie by the AP..." Do you have 1st-hand sources to verify this charge? Or are you just repeating rumors and taking sides based upon your gut feeling?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm debating on canceling or for sure not renewing next year JFord. Bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    I have a problem with the following statement that you tweeted: "LATech's AD was caught in a lie by the AP..." Do you have 1st-hand sources to verify this charge? Or are you just repeating rumors and taking sides based upon your gut feeling?
    He said they didn't to the AP and I was told by numerous that Tech did indeed turn down the Independence Bowl. Whether Tech wants to say it wasn't an "official" invite or not it still turned them down. The Independence Bowl told Tech they wanted them in the bowl and Tech did not respond in the time frame the bowl requested.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Exactly, he's calling Bruce a liar and making the IBowls case for them. Not to mention getting played like a fiddle. Really, really unprofessional.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

He said they didn't to the AP and I was told by numerous that Tech did indeed turn down the Independence Bowl. Whether Tech wants to say it wasn't an "official" invite or not it still turned them down. The Independence Bowl told Tech they wanted them in the bowl and Tech did not respond in the time frame the bowl requested.
    Why was the time frame necessary? Perhaps they were pissed we didn't want them? Its gotta hurt being the fat chick bowl for years, having little ole Tech tell you to wait was the last straw and they did something about it.

Puppy DFWdawg1 isn't thought very highly of around hereDFWdawg1 isn't thought very highly of around hereDFWdawg1 isn't thought very highly of around hereDFWdawg1 isn't thought very highly of around hereDFWdawg1 isn't thought very highly of around here DFWdawg1's Avatar

We don't need you JFord. You and I exchanged words at the Auburn game awhile back when you questioned our administration. And I called you a fat a$$ on the air.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

There is a distinction there. I am going to let this stuff settle for a few days because it's pretty clear that everyone is rightfully pissed. Hopefully people will come to their senses after the initial sting wears off.

+ Reply to Thread