+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: BleedTechBlue: Et tu, Brute?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: BleedTechBlue: Et tu, Brute?

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    Independence Bowl Foundation
    2012-2013 Executive Committee

Jack Andres – 2012 Bowl Chairman
    Keith Crissman – 2012 Bowl Vice-Chairman
    John Hubbard – 2012 Bowl 1st Vice-Chairman
    Kyle McInnis – 2012 Bowl 2nd Vice-Chairman
    Darin Seal – Treasurer
    TBD – Secretary
    Fred Sexton, Jr. – Immediate Past Chairman
    Tim Wilhite, Andrew Pringle – Three-Year Term
    Troy J. Broussard, Scotty Amos – Two-Year Term
    Fred Kent, Ken Antee – One-Year Term
    Mike Vaught, Richard Wright – Title Sponsor Ex-Officio
    Brian Crawford – City of Shreveport Ex-Officio
    Thanks. But do we know which of these Executive Committee members are LA Tech grads?

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

a google search (not technically cyber stalking) turns up the following info on the committee:

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    Independence Bowl Foundation
    2012-2013 Executive Committee

Jack Andres – 2012 Bowl Chairman (ETBU, Ohio State, Centenary) (SWEPCO account manager)

Keith Crissman – 2012 Bowl Vice-Chairman (President Regions Bank - Shreveport)

John Hubbard – 2012 Bowl 1st Vice-Chairman (SAU, East Texas State University – Texarkana) (He is a life-long University of Arkansas fan)

Kyle McInnis – 2012 Bowl 2nd Vice-Chairman (University of Georgia) (Cook Yancy Law firm)

Darin Seal – Treasurer (Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College) (Smith Pugh and Seal law firm)

TBD – Secretary

Fred Sexton, Jr. – Immediate Past Chairman (lawyer)

Tim Wilhite (Centenary), Andrew Pringle (LA TECH) (red river bank) Three-Year Term

Troy J. Broussard (Southeastern Louisiana University), Scotty Amos (University of Alabama)– Two-Year Term

Fred Kent (LSU), Ken Antee (Conference USA OFFICIAL) (lawyer) – One-Year Term

Mike Vaught (enters his sixth year as SMU's Deputy Director of Athletics), Richard Wright – Title Sponsor Ex-Officio

Brian Crawford (Shreveport Fire Chief) (Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Senior Executives) (Master of Arts in Industrial Psychology from Louisiana Tech University)– City of Shreveport Ex-Officio

Puppy merlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her game merlin1771's Avatar

Correction to your post....I have no connection to these people, but am from Shreveport.

Smith Pugh and Seal is an Accounting Firm NOT a Law firm which would make more sense with Darin being the treasure and all as a CPA...;-)

<Darin Seal – Treasurer
    (Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College) (Smith Pugh and Seal law firm)>

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Professor- Now that all the facts have surfaced, you still blaming BVDV? Still think we should have jumped at the Indy bowl's 'take it or leave it' proposal? Any comment on Liberty bowl guaranteeing us an invite and then leaving us out to dry? How or what would you have done differently? Your twitter meltdown rivaled JFord's. At least he admitted he reacted prematurely.
    Hindsight is 20/20, and I honestly don't know how I would have reacted in the heat of the moment. (Of course, I'm not being paid $200,000+ to run our athletic department). My gut tells me when the I-Bowl gave me an ultimatum, I would have gone back to the Liberty Bowl with an ultimatum like Bruce did. When they told me they were going to pick Tech regardless, I would have demanded an official invitation and would have accepted on the spot. If they balked at that, I would have known they were just jerking me around and then would have reverted back to the I-Bowl invitation, knowing I probably would have gotten crucified for doing so.

The fact of the matter is it's a results-oriented business, with a great deal of politics involved. Bruce is paid very handsomely to handle these things, and he failed. He's been spinning ever since, trying to make everyone else look like the bad guy and Tech look like a victim. He got played, plain and simple.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Good response. I agree. If we were "guaranteed" then why no formal invite at the time of the guarantee. All the excuses don't add up. Bottom line is we aren't bowling at 9-3 and that is unacceptable.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I am saying Tech did turn down the Independence Bowl down when he says they did not. They made a last ditch effort but it was after turning it down twice.
    I've read that no official invite was ever extended to Tech. Are you saying that it was? What exactly happened?

Even if it took Tech awhile to agree (last ditch effort, as you say) the Indy Bowl could have and should have invited Tech. It would have been a better game that what they have now. Our seniors deserved it and it is a shame they will not be playing another game.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    Indy Bowl wanted a response so they could go to their plan B to make sure they got a quality game so they could move on making their arrangements. Indy Bowl called Bruce, he said hang on, they said let us know by this time, he didn't call back in time...so they moved on.

I believe that's all Ford is saying.
    They could have waited. Tech would be a better participant and larger draw that either of the schools that are playing. So they would have had a better game. I believe this is a massive screw up all the way around, but the I Bowl could and should have waited on Tech. It is unfair to our seniors, the city of Shreveport, etc. not to have the best team available for a NW La bowl. That team is Louisiana Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    He posted info, at the time, based on legit sources. Anyone in his position would have done the exact same thing.

He got correct information directly from the horses mouth and has apologized for and redacted those previous statements. I think that apology is enough.

What more do you want?
    I haven't read what was written. But nothing should ever be published or printed as news until information is verified by other sources. I think that is a basic tenet of journalism. Verify and reverify before printing.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I haven't read what was written. But nothing should ever be published or printed as news until information is verified by other sources. I think that is a basic tenet of journalism. Verify and reverify before printing.
    Not in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Very good article. Clears alot of things up. Bruce was in a tough spot. My final analysis is the I Bowl could have and should have waited for Tech and not demanded a hurry up decision. There was no downside for them, and they would have ended up with Tech, a better game and more attendance. That was totally unnecessary on their part and unfair to Tech, the city of Shreveport, North Louisiana, and especially our senior football players. The I Bowl folks, apparently led by somebody named Missy Setters, made a very poor decision for no logical reason and should apologize to our senior players, who are the real losers in this thing.

Thank you for writing.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Not in Louisiana.
    Not anywhere anymore........ Everyone wants to be the first - doesn't matter about facts......

Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg1192 View Post
    It's everyone elses fault. Keep burning bridges.
    Who are you? Do you have any information to share? If not, go back to Northeast Junior College, where morons (named after Monroe) attend for 4 years and leave, still morons.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    You don't like seeing 347 retweets from random people all night long?!?!?! What's wrong with ya'll!!
    This is exactly why I unliked BTB on Facebook.

+ Reply to Thread