+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Site traffic problem

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Site traffic problem

Who hosts this site? What kind of hardware are they running?

Why is it that any time we get any increase in traffic, above our average, the site either slows to a crawl, or shuts down altogether for a while?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Site traffic problem

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Who hosts this site? What kind of hardware are they running?

Why is it that any time we get any increase in traffic, above our average, the site either slows to a crawl, or shuts down altogether for a while?
    It's not just when we have heavy traffic. I get timed out at least once every time I come to the site.

Puppy greggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the rough greggrambling's Avatar

I still can't get bbb on Chrome ... stopped working Sunday while I was on. I can get it now but only with IE or Mozilla. says site is "Under Construction"

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greggrambling View Post
    I still can't get bbb on Chrome ... stopped working Sunday while I was on. I can get it now but only with IE or Mozilla. says site is "Under Construction"
    It's your browser on your computer specifically, not the site. Empty everything (cache, history, etc.) or go nuclear and remove/redownload it.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greggrambling View Post
    Delete your browsing history, and try again.

Puppy greggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the rough greggrambling's Avatar

thanks drummer and jubru...that did the trick

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

We can tell who the IT guys are here...

#1. Refresh
    #2. Reboot
    #3. Reinstall

Those solve nearly every problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    We can tell who the IT guys are here...

#1. Refresh
    #2. Reboot
    #3. Reinstall

Those solve nearly every problem.
    Except my original post. Anytime there is any increase in traffic above the norm, it slows to a crawl or crashes completely.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Doc, are y'all still working on that update/patch?

Tapatalk?

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Did the cleanup but still can't log in at latechbbb.com with IE or Firefox. Have to log in at latechbbb.com/forum. Can't access the first page at the site. Any suggestions would be appreciated - and thanks in advance!!

Puppy cgc018 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Did the cleanup but still can't log in at latechbbb.com with IE or Firefox. Have to log in at latechbbb.com/forum. Can't access the first page at the site. Any suggestions would be appreciated - and thanks in advance!!
    Try loggin in from www.latechbbb.com instead of just latechbbb.com

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Thanks for the tip but I still got the "Under Construction" notice that says the site doesn't have a default page.

+ Reply to Thread