+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When you put a price tag on this

Puppy Bulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the rough

When you put a price tag on this

It literally makes me sick. I'm sorry but I don't understand the arrogance of the administration telling us that it is nothing more than a gambling loss and there is no blame. If this were the private sector, people would be held accountable and someone would be dismissed for a half million in lost revenue And that figure is very conservative when lost merchandising revenue is added.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Re: When you put a price tag on this

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof lover View Post
    It literally makes me sick. I'm sorry but I don't understand the arrogance of the administration telling us that it is nothing more than a gambling loss and there is no blame. If this were the private sector, people would be held accountable and someone would be dismissed for a half million in lost revenue And that figure is very conservative when lost merchandising revenue is added.
    +1

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

I guarantee we didn't lose half a million on this. The money that isn't divided amongst conference members is spent on bowl expenses, hotel rooms for a week, events, travel, etc.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

$300K minus expenses. Probably cost Tech around 50K. What I am more worried about is recruiting and such. BVD better damn well get out there in the national media tomorrow & explain what happened.

Puppy Bulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the roughBulletproof lover is a jewel in the rough

Using your logic we would have lost money on the Poinsettia Bowl last year. I assure we did not. Travel expenses to Shreveport would have been nominal.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Using your logic we would have lost money on the Poinsettia Bowl last year. I assure we did not. Travel expenses to Shreveport would have been nominal.
    The entire team, cheerleaders, RB's, Admins guest & band. Several alumni pitched in last year to guarantee many of these items were funded. I have never seen the books, but I would almost guarantee you that we lost money last year. The ticket allotment alone that must be purchased. Then flight, charter busses, hotels, dry cleaning, puting on our own events...etc. By conference contract we only get $300K for any non-BCS bowl game.

Interesting, Missouri claims to have lost $900,000 by doing the identical thing with the independence Bowl in 2011.
    http://www.totalprosports.com/2011/1...ed-by-the-bcs/

Interesting, Missouri claims to have lost $900,000 by doing the identical thing with the independence Bowl in 2011.

I cannot speak for Missouri. Their payout from participation in the Indy Bowl would have been 1.2 Million. I do not know how their conference makes them distribute it. Our payout was $300K. That is all that we are entitled to. Before ticket distribution, travel, lodging, meals...etc. I stand by the fact that I believe Tech went in the hole last year. Than goodness for some of our alumni that helped out.

No, I made a mistake about playing at Indy. I said it would cost Tech about 50K & meant to say that we would make about that amount. Maybe even 100K depending on how it was done.

Puppy MJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMJA Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Missing out on $900,000, it doesn't say anywhere in there that they LOST $900,000...

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Obama's america. Its always someone else's fault and no one is ever held accountable. BVD will remain AD and SD will move on to greener pastures if given the chance. The money lost will be small compared to the damage done to the university by the media over this debacle.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by cscollis View Post
    Welcome to Obama's america. Its always someone else's fault and no one is ever held accountable. BVD will remain AD and SD will move on to greener pastures if given the chance. The money lost will be small compared to the damage done to the university by the media over this debacle.
    Actually I think his contract is up soon and doesn't look to be renewed when DR retires.

+ Reply to Thread