+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blame is with Independence Bowl

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

Blame is with Independence Bowl

They showed that we don't really have a working relationship. We would have obviously accepted if we were given more time. Other teams that have local bowls would never do this to them, they even have tie ins with those bowls. This just shows that there is no relationship. They have no loyalty to us, investment in us, or care about our advancement. I have heard of their uncooperativeness but this is my first experience with it. As their local team, who plays games there fairly often, we should have a cooperative working relationship.
    As fans, instead of putting pressure on and bad mouthing our school, we should put pressure on the Independence Bowl to be more cooperative with us. Using media, newspaper articles and opinion pieces, Tv, and online social networking, we should justly criticize the Independence Bowl and their decision to choose an OHIO instead of waiting 24 hours for it's local team who contributes to the bowl, and city annually.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Blame is with Independence Bowl

Finally a man with clear vision and understanding. Spot on! But Indy is much worse than the City, and at best the City doesn't care, with regard to its attitude concerning Tech and I recommend completely turning our backs on that cess-pool and encourage Dr. Guice to focus his energy in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. There is more money and more people there than the entire state of Louisiana - and growing.

Big Dog dch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the roughdch028 is a jewel in the rough

You are right about us fans, ANO. I put a lot of critisim on the 'fans,' especially on the board. It is RUMORED that Dykes is here or there and wants to interview for a job and people start calling for us to fire Dykes. It is RUMORED that we tried to avoid playing ULM, fans want to behead the AD and BTB wants to make it all worse by retweeting nonsense. We have two three and outs in a row and folks want TF fired. The overreaction on knee-jerkness around Tech these days is totally out of control. You want stability and growth? You have to consider what you are doing to make that possible.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    They showed that we don't really have a working relationship. We would have obviously accepted if we were given more time. Other teams that have local bowls would never do this to them, they even have tie ins with those bowls. This just shows that there is no relationship. They have no loyalty to us, investment in us, or care about our advancement. I have heard of their uncooperativeness but this is my first experience with it. As their local team, who plays games there fairly often, we should have a cooperative working relationship.
    As fans, instead of putting pressure on and bad mouthing our school, we should put pressure on the Independence Bowl to be more cooperative with us. Using media, newspaper articles and opinion pieces, Tv, and online social networking, we should justly criticize the Independence Bowl and their decision to choose an OHIO instead of waiting 24 hours for it's local team who contributes to the bowl, and city annually.
    This.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Good posts!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Agreed. This falls squarely on the Indy Bowl first, and is a manifestation of the cluster f**k that is Shreveport.

As for the bowl committee, there was NO reason to rush a final decision by noon Saturday. They had Ohio in the bag, and they had either Tech or ULM also. That was guaranteed. If the bowl scenarios had shaken out differently, they might have lost one, either Tech or ULM, but under no possible scenario would they have lost both! It wasn't even possible once Ga Tech had the waiver, etc...It was all known.

So, this is just another case of the I Bowl/Shreveport spitting in our face. But....oh! let's have Tech continue to support that cesspool stadium and that crappy-ass town. They play us as fools.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Agreed. This falls squarely on the Indy Bowl first, and is a manifestation of the cluster f**k that is Shreveport.

As for the bowl committee, there was NO reason to rush a final decision by noon Saturday. They had Ohio in the bag, and they had either Tech or ULM also. That was guaranteed. If the bowl scenarios had shaken out differently, they might have lost one, either Tech or ULM, but under no possible scenario would they have lost both! It wasn't even possible once Ga Tech had the waiver, etc...It was all known.

So, this is just another case of the I Bowl/Shreveport spitting in our face. But....oh! let's have Tech continue to support that cesspool stadium and that crappy-ass town. They play us as fools.
    I agree! And, as for as them calling us prideful - DANG STRAIGHT WE ARE! I am just fine with them calling us that! We deserve to have pride and they can shove it.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

The question was posed to BVD if he had it to do over again, would he handle it differently. The same question should be posed to the management of the I Bowl. Under the circumstances, I believe they would have preferred to have Tech and they would have put us on the visitor's side of the field. Just like us I think a majority of their board thought we'd be somewhere else. They need to re-think their methodology of offering bowl bids.

Puppy Nautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I simply do not understand this. There are two indisputable facts here:
    1. La. Tech was invited to play in the Independence Bowl
    2. La. Tech will not be playing in the Independence Bowl

Now, Techfan is upset because the I-Bowl dictated the terms of the RSVP? The favor of inclusion deserves the courtesy of assimilation.Was an invitation ever provided from another bowl? There are 30+ other bowls - did La Tech receive an invitation from any of those? Laying the blame solely at the feet of the I-Bowl is not only inaccurate but also ill informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautique View Post
    I simply do not understand this. There are two indisputable facts here:
    1. La. Tech was invited to play in the Independence Bowl
    2. La. Tech will not be playing in the Independence Bowl

Now, Techfan is upset because the I-Bowl dictated the terms of the RSVP? The favor of inclusion deserves the courtesy of assimilation.Was an invitation ever provided from another bowl? There are 30+ other bowls - did La Tech receive an invitation from any of those? Laying the blame solely at the feet of the I-Bowl is not only inaccurate but also ill informed.
    We all know they could have waited a day for an answer. They didn't.... We play a game there once a year and they know very well that it would have been preferable to us to play somewhere else this year. We didn't say "no", we respectfully asked for another day. That was reasonable. They just got upset. AND, to all those ulmers down the road, please understand that you were second choice. Congrats on your first bowl game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Bye UL-X troll. You can leave now.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We all know they could have waited a day for an answer. They didn't.... We play a game there once a year and they know very well that it would have been preferable to us to play somewhere else this year. We didn't say "no", we respectfully asked for another day. That was reasonable. They just got upset. AND, to all those ulmers down the road, please understand that you were second choice. Congrats on your first bowl game.
    Yep! the matchup was gonna be Tech-Ohio. It was NEVER gonna be Tech-ulm.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Exactly, as much as Tech contributes to the Shreveport and the region the I-bowl should have been more accommodating.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

BVDV told USA Today that Messy Shatters called him during the TCU-OU game on Saturday wanting a decision. What would have happened if we said yes? (if in fact ESPN wasn't going to let that happen)

I do think that Messy and the other dip$hits with the Independence Bowl screwed us, I'm just not sure about the ESPN connection since they were so hot to trot on inviting Northeast.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

How many times were they supposed to call us and beg us to accept an invitation? They called us 3 times to try to get us to choose the only logical bowl option.

+ Reply to Thread