+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blame is with Independence Bowl

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Blame is with Independence Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by dch028 View Post
    You are right about us fans, ANO. I put a lot of critisim on the 'fans,' especially on the board. It is RUMORED that Dykes is here or there and wants to interview for a job and people start calling for us to fire Dykes. It is RUMORED that we tried to avoid playing ULM, fans want to behead the AD and BTB wants to make it all worse by retweeting nonsense. We have two three and outs in a row and folks want TF fired. The overreaction on knee-jerkness around Tech these days is totally out of control. You want stability and growth? You have to consider what you are doing to make that possible.
    You cannot be serious. It is a fan forum.

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    How many times were they supposed to call us and beg us to accept an invitation? They called us 3 times to try to get us to choose the only logical bowl option.
    ^
    ^
    +1

Good post!!

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We all know they could have waited a day for an answer. They didn't.... We play a game there once a year and they know very well that it would have been preferable to us to play somewhere else this year. We didn't say "no", we respectfully asked for another day. That was reasonable. They just got upset. AND, to all those ulmers down the road, please understand that you were second choice. Congrats on your first bowl game.
    Just curious...(I'm serious)

How many bowl games has Tech played in?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger View Post

I'm curious - isn't using a computer a violation of your parole conditions....along with that registry thing?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of blame to go around, but, I keep asking myself: why weren't we attractive enough for one of the other bowls, particularly the Liberty Bowl? You would think that they would have wanted us with our #1 in the land offense. Maybe it was our #120 in the land defense?

The Independence Bowl's maliciousness should have not even come into play. I know the domino effect with N.Ill and Oklahoma and that shut us out of many potential bowls, but what was the Liberty Bowl thinking? Why 6-6 Iowa State instead of 9-3 La. Tech?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Here is the real question. What other team would the Indy Bowl have come to and said we need an answer now? I venture to say that list would be very small. The original poster is correct. The Indy Bowl should work WITH us not AGAINST us. Bunch of jackasses. Would they have done that to LSU. Hell no. They would have given them as much time as they wanted to make a decision. Screw Shreveport from here on out. I probably won't ever attend any game in Shreveport again.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg View Post
    Here is the real question. What other team would the Indy Bowl have come to and said we need an answer now? I venture to say that list would be very small. The original poster is correct. The Indy Bowl should work WITH us not AGAINST us. Bunch of jackasses. Would they have done that to LSU. Hell no. They would have given them as much time as they wanted to make a decision. Screw Shreveport from here on out. I probably won't ever attend any game in Shreveport again.
    Don't blame the entirety of Shreveport. We can't all be responsible for the assclowns on the IndyBowl committee and Messy Shatters

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    How many times were they supposed to call us and beg us to accept an invitation? They called us 3 times to try to get us to choose the only logical bowl option.
    They didn't have to call and "beg" but I-Bowl should have afforded us a reasonable time to accept the invitation. They did not. Why?

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonreauxTiger View Post

Why is that relevant? Just curious.

Puppy Nautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeNautique Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Plenty of blame to go around, but, I keep asking myself: why weren't we attractive enough for one of the other bowls, particularly the Liberty Bowl? You would think that they would have wanted us with our #1 in the land offense. Maybe it was our #120 in the land defense?

The Independence Bowl's maliciousness should have not even come into play. I know the domino effect with N.Ill and Oklahoma and that shut us out of many potential bowls, but what was the Liberty Bowl thinking? Why 6-6 Iowa State instead of 9-3 La. Tech?
    I'm very curious about this as well. We're all blaming the I-Bowl but if the Liberty Bowl "played" Tech, then they are as much to blame as anyone. But, with the CUSA tie-in, the administration cannot throw them under the bus with Tech's inclusion in that league upcoming. It's too easy to assign blame to the I-Bowl and to the Tech administration without knowing Liberty's role in this.

Big Dog MonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonreauxTiger Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    Why is that relevant? Just curious.
    I was just curious. It appears to be 6 in total. I just think it is strange that Champion110 was sarcastically posting "Congrats on your first bowl game" when Tech has only played in 3 in the past 21 years. If you have played in 6 bowl games in the past 35 years, and turn down/put a bowl on hold for a better bowl, you have to see where the I bowl would want to move on.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Wow. Just wow. Per BVDV on ESPN 97.7 this morning, the Independence bowl strong-armed us...

I am absolutely through with the Independence bowl and Shreveport. I was born there, was raised there, but will not return there. Such a backwards place.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Per BVDV on ESPN 97.7 this morning, the Independence bowl strong-armed us...

I am absolutely through with the Independence bowl and Shreveport. I was born there, was raised there, but will not return there. Such a backwards place.
    Can you fill us in on what was said?

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

We screwed up. Trust me ibowl want call again anytime soon. All the excuses are crap

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I'll try. I have a horrible short term memory and am livid, but it seems as though the Independence bowl committee had plenty of time to pick Ohio if Tech decided to wait until the 11th hour to accept HoD or Liberty bowl bid.

BVDV was called twice by the Indy committee. He asked Dykes and others in administration each time, and they decided to wait and see, but Indy bowl didn't want to wait.

+ Reply to Thread