+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dykes should hold press conference

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Dykes should hold press conference

Considering the disaster of the last 24 hours. I think Sonny Dykes needs to hold a press conference. He needs to say

1) I'm heartbroken for our players. I love being a La Tech and I'm going to finish what I've started here. I am now publicly withdrawing my name from consideration from the Cal head coaching position and all other possibilities at this time. I appreciate Cal's interest but I need to start preparing for next year at La Tech so that what just happened never occurs again.

or

2) I have decided to pursue other coaching possibilities and am offering my resignation as coach of La Tech University.

Note I did not say that La Tech should issue a deadline, such as the I-Bowl did to us. I think SD needs to decide what he wants to do and get on with it. Its time to fish or cut bait. I think everyones respect for Sonny D will escalate 100% regardless of which statement he made.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dykes should hold press conference

Sonny doesn't do press conferences lately. He is too busy "recruting"!

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Sonny Dykes is gone. If it wasn't a done deal before this debacle, it definitely is now. And I can't blame the man, he definitely doesn't deserve THIS. The Administration screwed the pooch big time on this one... we didn't just lose a bowl game, we lost A LOT more.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

And the only press conference he's going to be having any time soon is to announce he's coaching at another school.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    Sonny Dykes is gone. If it wasn't a done deal before this debacle, it definitely is now. And I can't blame the man, he definitely doesn't deserve THIS. The Administration screwed the pooch big time on this one... we didn't just lose a bowl game, we lost A LOT more.
    It has been reported in another thread that Sonny was involved with the decisions in regards to the bowl game choices.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

THEN he needs to hold a press conference in the next day or so and resign. What I'm saying is he needs to make his decision and get on with it. It is completely unfair to the University, players and fans to drag this thing out any longer. This season needs to be put to bed and next year needs to begin. Either with our current coach committed (and firing his DC) or with the search for our next head coach. But lets get on with it.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

You don't get it-Indy Bowl could have waited, where was Ohio University going?-you wanted our Ad to be more aggressive he was. If this worked out, you would be praising him now.

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    You don't get it-Indy Bowl could have waited, where was Ohio University going?-you wanted our Ad to be more aggressive he was. If this worked out, you would be praising him now.
    Thanks for putting words into my mouth. Until this debacle I have not said much about our AD and wheather he should be more or less aggressive. Leading up until this time, I could have cared less whether we were in the Indy Bowl, something better, or something worse, just as long as we were IN A BOWL. Now we are not, and the slot we put all our money on is taken by a 6-6 team and a waiver has been granted for a team with a losing record (Georgia Tech at 6-7) to play in a bowl game. There is A LOT that went wrong here that could have been prevented with a little more careful analysis and possibly working closer with the bowls to figure out what the heck was really going on. We got the short end of the stick when we could have at least got any other part of it if it wasn't for sheer idiotic moves made by our AD. And now who are the ones suffering? Definitely not BVDV (at this point), but it is all the players, student body, alumni and fans that are getting the shaft.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Why is everyone so enamored with Dykes? Do you not see he was heavily involved in the decision making process and combined with his flirtation with every job opening in the contry is crippling our program.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play along. He deserves every bit of this as he was involved in the decisions. Also, his team played crappy defense, came out flat and lost 3 games we could have won. Win the WAC and we are spending New Years in Miami.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Why is everyone so enamored with Dykes? Do you not see he was heavily involved in the decision making process and combined with his flirtation with every job opening in the contry is crippling our program.
    That is why he needs to make an announcement. We went from 4 wins, to 8 wins, to 9 wins. YES, I want him to stay. I just want a defense to go with him and TF. He was part of the decision on the bowl situation and, frankly, I would have made the same decision that he, BVDV, and D.R. made. They played it right. The Indy Bowl played it wrong.

P.R. is important right now and I would be just fine dragging the Indy Bowl through the mud. I don't care about them one tiny bit anymore.

As for Dykes, I hope he stays. I agree that he needs to do something quick, though - either way. We need to get on with things. He would move up 10 more notches in my book, if he would just announce either way.

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Somebody with money or power needs to fix this. We are going to lose all the progress that this season looked like it was going to give.

"It is bad time to be a Bulldog"

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That is why he needs to make an announcement. We went from 4 wins, to 8 wins, to 9 wins. YES, I want him to stay. I just want a defense to go with him and TF. He was part of the decision on the bowl situation and, frankly, I would have made the same decision that he, BVDV, and D.R. made. They played it right. The Indy Bowl played it wrong.

P.R. is important right now and I would be just fine dragging the Indy Bowl through the mud. I don't care about them one tiny bit anymore.

As for Dykes, I hope he stays. I agree that he needs to do something quick, though - either way. We need to get on with things. He would move up 10 more notches in my book, if he would just announce either way.

I agree with this

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Dykes is gone - otherwise, we will go through this whole whoring out to bigger teams process with him every single year.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

You are just looking at his record and the progress he has made and not seeing the bigger picture. If he stays what can he possible tell recruits to convince them that he is committed to this program? Nothing!!! And it will kill us in recruiting which is why we need him to move on sooner rather than later.

+ Reply to Thread