+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberty bowl is the villain (link)

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Liberty bowl is the villain (link)

Quote Originally Posted by merlin1771 View Post
    In my own opinion, that article shows that our AD got snowed. This sort of event would not happen to an AQ school. We need an AD that can play with the big boys. However, this happened, I still think it's the fault of our own AD. The AD is responsible for securing this. He can't get caught with his pants down.
    This is what is starting to become the biggest let down of this fiasco. We could not have been more incompetent! The Liberty Bowl lied to us you say?! OMG, call Matlock! Unless anyone has something in writing from them we had nada. N . . . A . . . D . . . A!

ULM will get the extra press, practice, boost to their fan base and we will keep our little ole AD because it is the Ruston way. He was lied to. He was the victim. Hell, give him a raise for the stress the poor guy has endured these last few days.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

USA today, Espn bowl selection show, Tim Brando show,bleacher report, the list goes on. I have been out of Ruston the majority of my life.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I am so thankful Tech you fools have no influence on decisions regarding Tech.
    I am not calling you a fool but things arent adding up and Yeah because things are goins so well now- make a list: sitting home during bowl season w 9-3 record, stalled out SEZ project for 3 years, basketball scoreboard for TAC, etc. I will stop now.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    This is what is starting to become the biggest let down of this fiasco. We could not have been more incompetent! The Liberty Bowl lied to us you say?! OMG, call Matlock! Unless anyone has something in writing from them we had nada. N . . . A . . . D . . . A!

ULM will get the extra press, practice, boost to their fan base and we will keep our little ole AD because it is the Ruston way. He was lied to. He was the victim. Hell, give him a raise for the stress the poor guy has endured these last few days.
    LOL! That was a good one...u meant that as a joke right?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Van De Velde admitted Tech originally had a written agreement that stated the Liberty Bowl would select the Bulldogs if Iowa State was not available.
    .... and .... maybe I am missing something but .... this agreement allows what happened therefore the written agreement amounts to squat in terms of supporting your case. Sorry, but to me even if the Liberty Bowl DID lie to our administration, you are making NO friends by releasing this information to the public ESPECIALLY if all it seems to amount to is your word against theirs. It doesn't matter if he is 100% right here. It LOOKS like he is trying to save face for a terrible decision and all the while taking shots at people that you want being your ally going forward. As an AD that is about as stupid as it gets. The hole is getting deeper folks ....

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

and I say this hoping he has a smoking gun ... but I am not counting on it.

Puppy merlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her game merlin1771's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    .... and .... maybe I am missing something but .... this agreement allows what happened therefore the written agreement amounts to squat in terms of supporting your case. Sorry, but to me even if the Liberty Bowl DID lie to our administration, you are making NO friends by releasing this information to the public ESPECIALLY if all it seems to amount to is your word against theirs. It doesn't matter if he is 100% right here. It LOOKS like he is trying to save face for a terrible decision and all the while taking shots at people that you want being your ally going forward. As an AD that is about as stupid as it gets. The hole is getting deeper folks ....
    Amen!

It does nothing. Tech is still without a bowl.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Bruce did get snowed but that doesn't excuse the scumbag Liberty bowl execs from being dishonest.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Bruce did get snowed but that doesn't excuse the scumbag Liberty bowl execs from being dishonest.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Bruce, Dykes, DR and some $$ folks did get snowed but that doesn't excuse the scumbag Liberty bowl execs from being dishonest and the I Bowl for being their typical conniving you know what's.
    Fixed it for you. I agree.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

I love how some people assume that just because Tech is located in Ruston that "Ruston" is making all of the decisions. No, "Tech" is making the decisions. The administration, faculty, athletic department, boosters, students, and alumni come from all different areas. "Ruston people" actually have little to do with getting rid of the AD. If you stopped for one second and thought about anything you say, you'd realize this.

Blaming Ruston is a convenient way for "non-Ruston" people to wash their hands of any perceived problem.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Reality Check laid out very simply what BVDV should have done in another thread. It would have allowed our Seniors to have a say, gone for the Liberty without burning bridges with Indy.

Bruce is not competent.

Champ RunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to beholdRunwayDawg55 is a splendid one to behold RunwayDawg55's Avatar

Didn't the Liberty Bowl in that article say they would have an official statement about all of this at days end yesterday? Has anybody seen any such release? Just curious.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Reality Check laid out very simply what BVDV should have done in another thread. It would have allowed our Seniors to have a say, gone for the Liberty without burning bridges with Indy.

Bruce is not competent.
    But Sonny was out of town. I guess the asst. coaches could have tried to round up the seniors in that one hour the IBowl gave us but good luck with that one.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    Didn't the Liberty Bowl in that article say they would have an official statement about all of this at days end yesterday? Has anybody seen any such release? Just curious.
    After sleeping on this "situation" I woke up with this thought: I think we just need to accept what's happened, assume full responsibility and let time take care of it. Pointing fingers (even if COMPLETELY justified in this situation) risks alienating the Liberty Bowl forever, maybe the city of Memphis, and could affect ANY shot (regardless of how minute it is) of us ever getting into the BE. We are in a very precarious position here. I'm thinking we should just back off. If a nonbiased third party wants to hold the Liberty Bowl accountable for their actions, go for it. I just don't see any good for LaTech coming out of it.

There is a BIG PICTURE here. I hope we're weighing all the pros and cons out of pursuing these allegations.

+ Reply to Thread