+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Need to Support Bruce Van De Velde

Varsity Bulldog wce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the roughwce1980 is a jewel in the rough

We Need to Support Bruce Van De Velde

I have been on here blasting BVDV, and first of all I want to apoligize to everyone offended by my posts and to Bruce himself. I reacted out of frustration and emotion, when I should have waited to cool off. I had a phone conversation with Bruce today, and after talking to him and hearing his side of the story from him, plus the letter he sent out I know realize we were screwed by the Liberty Bowl, and Bruce is fighting for us and he needs our support and for us to stand behind him and let our administration know we support him. We were lied to by the Liberty Bowl and Bruce is fighting to make sure they are never allowed to do this to anyone again. After talking to him the best thing we can do is be patient, cool off, keep supporting the University. Another thing we need to do is email and call Bruce and tell him we support him, and we realize this was not his fault and it was the Liberty Bowl that caused this when Bruce was trying to get us to a higher level and that he is not done fighting for us on this. He needs to know we are with him.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: We Need to Support Bruce Vandevelde

uhh no. Bruce nees to be fired but ya'll are eating up every little lie he puts out. I'm done with his incompetence.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

On Sunday night I stated that someone needed to step up and explain what happened otherwise there would be hell to pay.

He has stepped up and explained the situation. That is all I asked. He has my support.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear it. Sorry I missed your call yesterday (I was in class). Give me a call today and I promise I will answer.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

It's an excuse.
    He failed at his job. It doesn't matter why or who's at fault. It was HIS job to get those kids to a bowl. I cannot support him.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

If what he says is true, there is no reason not to support him. And he has Jeff Hurd confirming that what he said is true.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wce1980 View Post
    I have been on here blasting BVDV, and first of all I want to apoligize to everyone offended by my posts and to Bruce himself. I reacted out of frustration and emotion, when I should have waited to cool off. I had a phone conversation with Bruce today, and after talking to him and hearing his side of the story from him, plus the letter he sent out I know realize we were screwed by the Liberty Bowl, and Bruce is fighting for us and he needs our support and for us to stand behind him and let our administration know we support him. We were lied to by the Liberty Bowl and Bruce is fighting to make sure they are never allowed to do this to anyone again. After talking to him the best thing we can do is be patient, cool off, keep supporting the University. Another thing we need to do is email and call Bruce and tell him we support him, and we realize this was not his fault and it was the Liberty Bowl that caused this when Bruce was trying to get us to a higher level and that he is not done fighting for us on this. He needs to know we are with him.
    AMEN!!!!!

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

And this isn't worth much, but this was a post on the LSU site:

"I've had multiple dealings with this man (Liberty Bowl rep). Untrustable. Seriously. Snake like. Feel for La Tech in this deal but I could have told you, if he says something, expect the opposite."

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: We Need to Support Bruce Van De Velde

It's hard to believe that so many of you are ok with Tech sitting at home during bowl season. It doesn't matter the reason, it falls onto Bruce's shoulders. Is he paid to excel in incompetence? Thus far all he's done is blame everybody else. NIU, Liberty Bowl, Heart of Dallas Bowl. He's yet to accept responsibility for his failures and issue an apology to the Tech faithful. Yet so many on this board are so eager to believe that the world is out to get Tech, that now we need to rally behind poor wittle Brucey. Hell no. He proved himself incompetent in his job and the university and fans need to hold him responsible.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    If what he says is true, there is no reason not to support him. And he has Jeff Hurd confirming that what he said is true.
    Why should we trust Jeff Hurd?

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

He let our chances with the I-Bowl slip away without a written contract from the Liberty bowl. When i heard we had turned down the I bowl I knew we had a contract with either the HOD or Liberty bowl and for whatever reason it had not been announced yet. The reason i knew that is because to do otherwise would have been monumental incompetence. Well i was wrong.

I sell pipeline chemicals and cleaning services in the oilfield and i was aware of how it should have been handled before all of this crap came out. So if i know it, a guy who is paid $240,000 to be our athletic director should have known it.

I have defended him since Dooley left against all the people badmouthing him and questioning his intelligence and competence. Well those people were obviously right. I'm done with this clown.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wce1980 View Post
    Ummmmm, no. Bruce is a terrible AD. I knew this before this little screwup.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I've never defended the man, but I think he probably did as good as he could do...there are some on here that would've done better!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I'm on the fence about this. I sent a rather harsh to BVDV today and he responded within minutes. I was somewhat impressed by this, knowing he is probably being bombarded right now. It'd be nice to hear the Liberty Bowl's version.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Guys, this is his job to get us into a bowl game. I don't care to hear the excuses. Our team is sitting at home. That's bad.

Bruce f'd up and he hasn't done jack as AD. Where is our state-wide radio coverage? We were suppose to "rattle the tiger cage" according to Bruce. Where is our video scoreboard for the TAC? What about Q4E?

From what I've seen, Bruce can't drive out a project. He's getting paid pretty good for little results.

+ Reply to Thread