+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Moon Griffon and LA TECH today on radio

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Moon Griffon and LA TECH today on radio

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Sure you do. You turn down the I Bowl if the Liberty Bowl invites you.
    Bingo.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And why in the hell would THAT be considered a good thing for LA Tech? That's an insult. LA Tech has absolutely nothing to gain in that matchup.

This shouldn't be difficult people. There's only about 2 football programs that LA Tech fans don't want to waste time playing. Those 2 programs are ULM and ULL. Leave those 2 idiots out of the equation, and most anything is possible. But for some STUPID reason, some people in Louisiana --in this case, the I-Bowl folks-- are just hellbent on making it happen. I've never seen anything like it. Why can't they grow up?
    Are there any other programs like Tech... who refuse to play close rivals?

The only ones I can think of immediately are Mississippi State and Ole Miss won't play USM. I'm sure there are others.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Did I miss something? Did the Liberty Bowl invite us?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Did I miss something? Did the Liberty Bowl invite us?
    Bruce and Jeff Hurd said they guaranteed an invite on Saturday.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Bruce and Jeff Hurd said they guaranteed an invite on Saturday.
    I guess Bruce learned the hard way that a "guarantee" of an invite and an invite are NOT the same thing.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I guess Bruce learned the hard way that a "guarantee" of an invite and an invite are NOT the same thing.
    Yup.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by merlin1771 View Post
    Well I listened to the full show. Moon is definitely helping to make Tech look like total jerksWe of course don't think we are jerks, but we REALLY look that way to everyone else. That's the perception true or not.

We have a lot of PR work to do. That's the fact of the matter.
    We have been "MOONED, Merlin." This show should have been aired with Bruce and the I Bowl chairman present, face to face to give a balanced, open picture. Topics seem to be selected that regular listeners tend to agree with and that riles them up, like Limbaugh and Maddow. The idea is to "get on your high horse." That's their shtick that attracts listerners and sponsors. Not even intended to be open.

You are very right about needing a big PR effort. I'd like for Tech to hire a PR firm or damage control consultant amied at getting our story out to neutral, open minded people. The anti's and non-thinkers aren't going to have their minds changed. WINNING SEASONS AND A COUPLE OF BOWLS WILL GO A LONG WAY, TOO.

Keep posting, we need perspective from supporters who are not so closely invested in Tech athletics emotionally as some of us. And by all means try to avoid getting "MOONED" again!
    Last edited by Russdawg; 12-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

The Indy just wants to sell tickets and I imagine that they (rightfully) believe they will sell more tickets to a game where both schools will bring their supporters rather than just one, as with Ohio. The problem I have with the Indy folks is the very reason we should never get involved with the ULX'ers. The Indy people view ULM as our natural rivalry and 'the type team' Tech SHOULD be playing. It's not an overt swipe at Tech as much as it is a deep-seated perception, perhaps with SOME concious desire to reinforce the perception, that Tech has never really left the Southland Conference.

That's the perception that we reinforce, at least in Louisiana, if we play ULM or ULL. Although labeled as such by our detractors and shallow thinkers on this Board, it is NOT arrogance that prompts this position, but an understanding of the actual battle that we are fighting, the extremely difficult battle to redefine ourselves.

ULM and ULL are constantly trying to make comparisons of facilities, or won/loss records or attendance or student populations and then claim that we are arrogant because they compare favorably to Tech. What they never grasp, and what DOES make Tech different, is that we are conducting a battle to fundamentally transform how we are defined by the general society, to reshape the perception of Tech, while the "twins" are just trying to accumulate "stuff" in the false belief that having "stuff" will change perception. In essence, we and they are fighting two different wars. They are waging a physical war for 'things,' while we are fighting a psychological war for perception.

That is really the only difference between 'us' and 'them,' but it is a fundamental difference and it will eventually make ALL the difference if we remain dedicated to that end.
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 12-06-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    The Indy just wants to sell tickets and I imagine that they (rightfully) believe they will sell more tickets to a game where both schools will bring their supporters rather than just one, as with Ohio. The problem I have with the Indy folks is the very reason we should never get involved with the ULX'ers. The Indy people view ULM as our natural rivalry and 'the type team' Tech SHOULD be playing. It's not an overt swipe at Tech as much as it is a deep-seated perception, perhaps with SOME concious desire to reinforce the perception, that Tech has never really left the Southland Conference.

That's the perception that we reinforce, at least in Louisiana, if we play ULM or ULL. Although labeled as such by our detractors and shallow thinkers on this Board, it is NOT arrogance that prompts this position, but an understanding of the actual battle that we are fighting, the extremely difficult battle to redefine ourselves.

ULM and ULL are constantly trying to make comparisons of facilities, or won/loss records or attendance or student populations and then claim us to be arrogant because they compare favorably to Tech. What they never grasp, and what DOES make Tech different, is that we are conducting a battle to fundamentally transform how we define ourselves as a university, to reshape the perception of Tech, while the "twins" are just trying to accumulate "stuff," all the while constantly monitoring what Tech is doing.

That is really the only difference between 'us' and 'them,' but it is a fundamental difference and it will eventually make ALL the difference if we remain dedicated to that end.
    I get it.

Puppy merlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her gamemerlin1771 is on top of his/her game merlin1771's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    We have been "MOONED, Merlin." This show should have been aired with Bruce and the I Bowl chairman present, face to face to give a balanced, open picture. Topics seem to be selected that regular listeners tend to agree with and that riles them up, like Limbaugh and Maddow. The idea is to "get on your high horse." That's their shtick that attracts listerners and sponsors. Not even intended to be open.

You are very right about needing a big PR effort. I'd like for Tech to hire a PR firm or damage control consultant amied at getting our story out to neutral, open minded people. The anti's and non-thinkers aren't going to have their minds changed. WINNING SEASONS AND A COUPLE OF BOWLS WILL GO A LONG WAY, TOO.

Keep posting, we need perspective from supporters who are not so closely invested in Tech athletics emotionally as some of us. And by all means try to avoid getting "MOONED" again!
    Thanks for the extra insight on the subject..and encouragement on the board. Maybe the Marketing students could take it on as a project on campus with the help of a professional PR firm.

AND I will try my best not to get "MOONED" again.

+ Reply to Thread