+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the Last 3 Years

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the Last 3 Years

With Coach Dykes exiting, I would like to say thanks for the last 3 years. It was a rocky start, but I have really enjoyed the last couple of years, and we have had great success. There were plenty of bumps along the way, but I really do feel that we are in a better position now. Thanks Coach Dykes.

WITH THAT BEING SAID....

Let's move on to the coaching search! We need to get this bowl fiasco behind us, so maybe this search will take our minds off of it for a bit.

[I still want to add...I hope this doesn't turn into a "Dooley situation" with Coach Dykes (bad mouthing us down the road).]

Bulldog DAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her gameDAWG8DAWG is on top of his/her game

Re: Thanks for the Last 3 Years

Thank you Coach Dykes, Coach Franklin, and Coach Likens.

Please LA Tech hire a new Coach that we can say Thank you to in 3 or more years.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SD for at least not looking for a job your first year here.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    See that wasn't too hard!

Big Dog BadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the roughBadDawgy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to SD for building what you did and giving us the excitement of the regular season this year. It was the most fun we've ever had. Unlike other years, I never felt like we were not in a game. It was fun. Best of luck to you!

I'm glad SD's search is over and we can move on. Hope we find a good one and I think we will. Can't wait for the coming days! Christmas will come early for us!

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Thanks SD and TF for the most exciting brand of football I have ever seen anywhere.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    With Coach Dykes exiting, I would like to say thanks for the last 3 years. It was a rocky start, but I have really enjoyed the last couple of years, and we have had great success. There were plenty of bumps along the way, but I really do feel that we are in a better position now. Thanks Coach Dykes.
    +1

The football program is in a better position than it was three years ago. Even though Sonny Dykes is leaving for California, it cements Louisiana Tech as a place where head coaches can come in and do well instead of a place where coaching careers die. This should help Tech draw some really good candidates for the next head coach.

College football is what it is right now. College football and coaching is a business. Non-AQ head coaches must strike when the iron is hot. Sonny Dykes got a great financial offer to go to a Pac-12 school and chose to accept it. I don't begrudge him at all for taking the opportunity to go to California. I wish him well at California and hope he doesn't bash us like a certain previous Tech HC.

Varsity Bulldog Benson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really niceBenson is just really nice

Thank you Sonny Dykes!!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

So, I guess this thread is telling us that Dykes really took a job at Cal?

I'm still expecting to learn that our QB was playing despite a couple of concussions the final two games and simply called the wrong play at a few critical times. We certainly can continue to imagine that the hurricane cost us an undefeated season coupled with the loss of a now-redshirted running back and some linemen and other key players. Recruit now. I still want 12 or 13 in a row while I'm still young!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

A good hypnotist could have given our quarterback his confidence back if he had been on the sideline when the first interception occurred.
    Does that young man realize what he has accomplished. I hope he and others on the Tech team realize how good they are and move forward with confidence.

I wouldn't give up Dykes and his crew for whatever silly staff Arkansas comes up with next year. Cannot match the excitement of watching Tech on TV and Internet in 2012.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Good luck Sonny D.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Good luck to Sonny and Kate and coaches who may be leaving us.

Stay Classy.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for learning how to pick a QB. You and your guys left our program better than you found it. As for "flirting" for job opportunities, our Bulldawg Nation is getting used to it. Good luck in California, glad it's you and not me regardless of the money. We'll survive this and be better for it. I thought we were all going to have a stroke three years ago.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I think I would need to see proof of that but may be true since we did just hire him at the start of that year.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I would feel much better about Sonny leaving us had he FINISHED THE JOB. But he didn't. The lack of a bowl invitation not withstanding, Sonny got "outcoached" down the stretch by a number of competing coaches and limped across the finish line. A season that looked so promising in late October ended up being a disaster by late November.

Moving forward, this should be a strong reminder that after all the hired guns have come and gone, it's the fans and alumni like us that are left behind to pick up the pieces.

HD

+ Reply to Thread