+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why is Bruce still here?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Why is Bruce still here?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Pay your $200 and get on the committee! You want more Tech influence in the bowl....join the freeken bowl!
    People can't sit back and say "why don't they..." they need to be there saying "why don't we....!"
    Why the anger? I asked a question of how people are appointed? If it takes $200 for someone from Texas to be on the IBowl Committee, I am all in!!!!!!!!!!! Where do I send it? I have a feeling it is more complicated than that and am saying that Shreveport people need to demand another committee! I am not in Shreveport and have never lived there. Hell, if I can send in $200 and get on, though, TELL ME WHERE!!!!!!!!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Why the anger? I asked a question of how people are appointed? If it takes $200 for someone from Texas to be on the IBowl Committee, I am all in!!!!!!!!!!! Where do I send it? I have a feeling it is more complicated than that and am saying that Shreveport people need to demand another committee! I am not in Shreveport and have never lived there. Hell, if I can send in $200 and get on, though, TELL ME WHERE!!!!!!!!
    I'm not angry. Just stating that WE are the ones that make the change. Not THEM!
    I'll send you the application when I get it!

Puppy DISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDISNEYDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Wow! alot of dumping of Shreveport from a town that could not even put 15k in the stands w\o people from Shreveport and Monroe if the fine people of Ruston think they can support a University with the closed minded attitude then have at it If I piss you off don't care b\c it's true that's why until Ruston Citzens get over themselves L.S.U. will still be the State University and La. Tech will just be another school on I-20

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DISNEYDOG View Post
    Wow! alot of dumping of Shreveport from a town that could not even put 15k in the stands w\o people from Shreveport and Monroe if the fine people of Ruston think they can support a University with the closed minded attitude then have at it If I piss you off don't care b\c it's true that's why until Ruston Citzens get over themselves L.S.U. will still be the State University and La. Tech will just be another school on I-20
    So complain about the dumping on Shreveport (mainly be people in Texas) by dumping on Ruston.
    Please don't side with me!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Ruston is a small college town. Shreveport is a city that has a backyard with a great university. Shreveport has used Tech when needed, but supports a school that is 5 hours away, instead, when it is crunch time. If Shreveport had any vision at all, Louisiana Tech would be there and not LSUS. Don't get me started on the media or the IBowl again. It is pure lack of an identity. They care more about lsu than they do of what COULD be their's. They have always done this.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Don't be a silly generalist. Tech has pursued and wooed Shreveport for 40 years and if anything has lost ground in the area during that time. Dallas is already an important recruiting area for Tech, has a larger population than the entire State of Louisiana, has tens of thousands of good students that do not qualify for Texas and A&M due to statewide admissions restrictions, does not have a primary public university in the metroplex, and has a huge business base from which new donors can be mined.

Compare that to Shreveport. It's all a matter of priorities. Shreveport should be in the second order.
    Tech should definitely heavily recruit students from within a 5-6 hour radius including New Orleans, DFW, Houston, Little Rock. But Monroe, SBC, Alexandria and even Jackson also fit within this footprint very well. IMO we shouldn't alienate or publicly state that the smaller markets should be relegated to 2nd tier status in our efforts. Prospective students/athletes would never want to be considered 2nd rate if they choose to come to Tech.

I also appreciate what you have written since I posted that "silly" generalist statement. Sometimes over generalism gets some people to step back and see the forest and not concentrate so much on the trees.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

If you're calling seeking a bowl that would not have us playing a team that tied for third in the Belch in Shreveport the final straw, then you're right, you may never understand Tech.
    Without any names attached ... WAC #3 vs. Belt#3 in Shreveport sounds, on its surface, like a pretty reasonable bowl matchup. It's the kind of game I would keep on in the background while I did other things around the house. Occasionally checking the score, and maybe watching the last quarter if it were still close.

That's just me as a CFB fan, if I had no personal interest in either team. And that's why the nat'l sportsmedia -- who do not share our money-boosters' stated disdain for Shreveport or northeast -- wonder what the heck were we thinking.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

If you're calling seeking a bowl that would not have us playing a team that tied for third in the Belch in Shreveport the final straw, then you're right, you may never understand Tech.
    I am calling losing out on $500,000 ($300k from buyout and another $200k from bowl payout) the final straw. Apparently mistakes that cost Tech $$$ are a common theme with BVD.

Having a 9-3 team with one of the hottest names in college football as HC (now former) and the #1 offense in nation and not go to a bowl game when there are 50 bowls should be an afterthought if that's possible. Not to mention all that goes along with it-fan experience, game experience, merchandise sales, ticket sales, continued relationship with customers from Tech, value of sponsorships. This goes much deeper than "just" not playing ulm in a bowl game. I would think you would know that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How does this asshole DISNEYDOG have so much Green with only 2 posts, especially after showing his LSU ASS?

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Without any names attached ... WAC #3 vs. Belt#3 in Shreveport sounds, on its surface, like a pretty reasonable bowl matchup. It's the kind of game I would keep on in the background while I did other things around the house. Occasionally checking the score, and maybe watching the last quarter if it were still close.

That's just me as a CFB fan, if I had no personal interest in either team. And that's why the nat'l sportsmedia -- who do not share our money-boosters' stated disdain for Shreveport or northeast -- wonder what the heck were we thinking.
    You'd be one of the very few tuning in. You want to guess the the ratings of Ohio/ULM? Hint: It'll be a joke. Nat'l media only notice this game in passing and the majority are sympathetic to a 9-3 sitting home. Boosters had no input in how events unfolded. They're just sanguine regarding the outcome, glad Dykes has made the escape he so doggedly pursued, and are hopeful that DG will be a dynamo fund raiser. After all, winning follows money and money follows a winner. It's a beautiful circle if you can ever squeeze inside!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Why would you want to join them-I want them to fold.

Varsity Bulldog Elwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really niceElwagonne is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Why would you want to join them-I want them to fold.
    Can't disagree more. I want that game to succeed, being from Shreveport and all. That being said, Shreveport has always been a town where certain people like to feel a bit more important than they are and as a result will stick it to those that they can. We gave them the opening to feel important and they took advantage of it....rather simple.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

He's lost and he can't find his way out of town! Maybe we should get him one of those button things to wear around his neck, then his villagers could come for him...eh, they'd probably leave his here because they don't want him back!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwagonne View Post
    Can't disagree more. I want that game to succeed, being from Shreveport and all. That being said, Shreveport has always been a town where certain people like to feel a bit more important than they are and as a result will stick it to those that they can. We gave them the opening to feel important and they took advantage of it....rather simple.
    It backfired on them. No ratings and a laughable match-up........

As for wanting it to fold vs. success, it all depends on Shreveport. If it can't be run correctly, it needs to fold. I think this might be the nail, though. No one wants to go there, except a belt team going to their first bowl. I am not upset that we are not going. I am upset that they did not have the desency to wait a few more hours for our answer. That was ridiculous, when they had a team they could grab the next day - a much lesser team that they got anyway. And, take your pick on which one I am referencing. Same difference.....

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elwagonne View Post
    Oh yes, it is simple. But, they are a loser bowl and this is not the first rodeo with TECH. I wouldn't even begin to go to a game with TECH in it ever again. They need to go away- and this matchup will help that.

+ Reply to Thread