+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had Tech gotten into the Indy bowl, how'd you think they would have fared VS ULM?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Had Tech gotten into the Indy bowl, how'd you think they would have fared VS ULM?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwilderULM View Post
    Are y'all ignoring the fact that the Indy Bowl committee unanimously voted that they wanted Tech vs. ULM? I don't know where y'all are getting this mess about ULM not being invited if Tech would've accepted.
    It's easy to explain, Brandon. You think it all went down on Saturday....but your timing of the events is off.

By Friday-into-Saturday morning of last week, YES, the i-Bowl was UNANIMOUSLY in favor of a ULM/Tech game. That's true. BUT (here's your missing info)--- Tech was originally extended an invitation the week of 11/17, which was the Saturday of the UTAH ST loss. As you may recall, we had representatives from the Orange Bowl, the Liberty Bowl AND the i-Bowl at that game.

Had Tech accepted the Independence Bowl immediately when it was extended (again, the Saturday-ish before Thanksgiving), ULM probably would have never been invited. Feel free to make up your own story as to why you guys would be sitting home at 8-4...but it certainly could have happened. OR it still could have been a unanimous vote on Saturday to invite as Tech's opponent...ULM.

The fictional drama of all this makes for a much better story than the reality.

Puppy bmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: Had Tech gotten into the Indy bowl, how'd you think they would have fared VS ULM?

Ok, well let's believe exactly what your ad (who is probably fighting for his job and doing whatever he can to save it) over the I-Bowl reps who have no reason for making something like that up. The fictional drama is you guys talking about ULM being left out if y'all would've accepted it. I don't understand how that is not fictional. Has anyone come out and said that? NO, therefore it is speculative and fictional. The USU game was in the third to last weekend of the season. I have a lot of trouble even believing an invitation was sent that early.

And frankly, it creeps me out a little to have you know who I am and not tell me in return.

Nah, I'm just kidding...

But seriously......

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Once ULM received their invite, they were in. If Tech had accepted prior to that time, it is likely that Tech would've played Ohio. This is not far fetched. Tech was invited BEFORE ULM. ULM was only selected because Tech wouldn't commit and the iBowl needed a local team to sell tickets.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Our Monroe-area guys can easily keep tabs on the three or four dedicated ULM fans.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Puppy bmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebmwilderULM Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Once ULM received their invite, they were in. If Tech had accepted prior to that time, it is likely that Tech would've played Ohio. This is not far fetched. Tech was invited BEFORE ULM. ULM was only selected because Tech wouldn't commit and the iBowl needed a local team to sell tickets.
    Ok cool, just keep assuming and believing what you want. I'll believe what I want. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ok cool, just keep assuming and believing what you want. I'll believe what I want. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
    You believe that ULM would've been invited had Tech accepted when they were first invited?

Short answer: yes.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Short answer: yes.
    I wonder if the Indy Bowl would have taken ULL or Northern Illinois in 2008. Oh, nevermind...

N. Illinois, duh. And 4 years later they realized their mistake and wouldn't let it happen again.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

N. Illinois, duh. And 4 years later they realized their mistake and wouldn't let it happen again.
    Have they actually said they made a mistake inviting Northern Illinois in 2008?

Well no. But it would've been a sellout just like this one would've been.... 2008 = I Bowl mistake....2012 = la tech mistake.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well no. But it would've been a sellout just like this one would've been.... 2008 = I Bowl mistake....2012 = la tech mistake.
    I've always wondered what is best for the bowl b/t a sellout and national tv ratings. I know they want both, but if they had to chose? Not many people outside of La would care about watching Tech vs ULM or ULL or Tulane or McNeese....

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Shreveport and enjoy your bowl game. No one is interested in your input here.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Go to Shreveport and enjoy your bowl game. No one is interested in your input here.
    Is there a bowl game in Shreveport this year?

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

There was an interesting letter to the editor in the Advocate this morning. An LSPoo fan was complaining that they were going to the Chick-fil-a bowl and not the Cotton Bowl. He said that the tiggers should just stay home and relax rather than go to a bowl that is "below" them. http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/...bowl-invite-is

+ Reply to Thread