+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Illustrated Blurb

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Sports Illustrated Blurb

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    What would I prefer? I'd prefer our athletes be preparing for a bowl game. I wouldn't care if Conroy Hines and JBIII and Billy Brewer were called in to help get 'em ready. At least they would be playing. Failure of the highest order and our athletes and fans are absorbing it.
    JBIII and Brewer? You're so in the weeds you're disqualified.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I may not agree with his method of expressing his discontent. I do agree that our mindset as a university has been in need of change for a long time. At some point we have to start hiring people who are forward thinking and proactive. We have had an administration full of reactionary personalities for way too long. We can be big thinkers without being arrogant. We have to know when to press harder and when to take what we are given, i.e. our bowl situation.

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

32 seniors, many of whom are genuine stars are sitting at home for the holidays. A big pile of underclassmen who could be working on skill development are sitting at home. This is NOTHING but an error. Not a mistake. Not a misunderstanding. An error, inflicted on a big group of people.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    There is no error! Just because you don't go to freakin' Shreveport to play a game so few would care about it might not even GET a TV rating, does not mean it was an error. What would have been an error would have been not to pursue every other possibility even it meant losing the very dubious "privilege" of playing at Indy.
    So what bowls games rate high enough for Tech to play in?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by topdawg View Post
    His impulsive twitter rant is not worthy of national attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    No it wasn't. He went off before knowing 1/3 of the story. So did a lot of us but most of us did it here and kept it in the family. Karl did it and it goes coast to coast.
    Ditto. That said, he is a great ambassador for us. I very much appreciate what he has done for TECH and hopefully continue to do but that was silly per his stature. I posted some terrible things as well but who gives a rats what I say. Heck I don't even care at times when I get that stupid.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

There is no error! Just because you don't go to freakin' Shreveport to play a game so few would care about it might not even GET a TV rating, does not mean it was an error. What would have been an error would have been not to pursue every other possibility even it meant losing the very dubious "privilege" of playing at Indy.
    Here, here! A toast with single malt.

Varsity Bulldog B.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of lightB.Y.O.C.B. is a glorious beacon of light

Just curious and I will admit I have no clue how this works but, is it possible to accept a bowl invite and possibly turn it down later if a better bowl comes calling? Is there a contract that is faxed/signed immediately? Basically, if the bowls can pull the plug on you, can you pull the plug on the bowls?

If this is possible, I wonder if it starts happening more in the future with non-AQ teams to avoid situations like this.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by collardgreens View Post
    32 seniors, many of whom are genuine stars are sitting at home for the holidays. A big pile of underclassmen who could be working on skill development are sitting at home. This is NOTHING but an error. Not a mistake. Not a misunderstanding. An error, inflicted on a big group of people.
    32 guys that were enjoying a little San Diego fun this time last year. This is a problem that corrects itself after this year. We have many more bowl tie ins with CUSA. Disappointing, but most of us have moved forward!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    Here, here! A toast with single malt.
    And here also, and it's only 7:45AM. I'm getting the jug and a glass. All this DID cost the athletic department about $600K, $300K from the bowl, and $300K from SD's payout.

+ Reply to Thread