+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Coaching Candidates

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Potential Coaching Candidates

Thanks. dawg80. You put things in perspective. I don't understand saying bad things about coaches who have left us for greener pastures, especially if they have done a lot of good for our program. I think both Dooley and Dykes left us better off than when they came.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Yea, Dykes is the only HC in the country that will let Franklin do whatever, whenever. If you're Franklin, it doesn't get any better than that.

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

LFR.. who are you top candidates? I think Monken and Kingsbury are the favorites overall among BBB users.

Varsity Bulldog Ellis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around hereEllis88 has turned a few heads around here

And for you guys that want the air raid style offense, check out Old Dominion. Leading passing team in country. Their coach may be your favorite candidate.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis88 View Post
    LFR.. who are you top candidates? I think Monken and Kingsbury are the favorites overall among BBB users.
    I honestly don't have one. I do tend to think that Kingsbury is too young to have a strong network of coaching relationships from which to select staff.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

And for you guys that want the air raid style offense, check out Old Dominion. Leading passing team in country. Their coach may be your favorite candidate.
    Bobby Wilder has been impressive. ODU's record over the last four seasons: 38-9

The only knock I can see is that his coaching experience before ODU was in Maine, so he may not have the connections. They are pretty impressive though, and I don't think he would consider a coordinator position here. He may consider it at a larger school. I think he is definitely worth a look though.

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I honestly don't have one. I do tend to think that Kingsbury is too young to have a strong network of coaching relationships from which to select staff.
    Monken does have an experience edge and ties to the university. I believe he would be the easiest candidate to sell to the admin, alum, boosters, fans, etc.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I haven't see any discussion about Jim Leavitt and Jeff Bower. Both are "builders" who KNOW how to win at this level. And both were extremely loyal to their last schools (USF & USM) despite many opportunities to leave.

I know Leavitt is with the 49ers right now as LB coach, but these kind of achievers always like being in charge of their own program. I believe we should talk to him. As for Bowers, not sure if he still has the fire in his belly, but I'd like to find out.

Understand that these 2 coaches are much different than the other resumes we'll receive. They both believe strongly in defense, and they both know how to BUILD programs and fan bases.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Bobby Wilder has been impressive. ODU's record over the last four seasons: 38-9

The only knock I can see is that his coaching experience before ODU was in Maine, so he may not have the connections. They are pretty impressive though, and I don't think he would consider a coordinator position here. He may consider it at a larger school. I think he is definitely worth a look though.
    Might see him in consideration for a job like Pitt with his ties to the east coast and very good success.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I haven't see any discussion about Jim Leavitt and Jeff Bower. Both are "builders" who KNOW how to win at this level. And both were extremely loyal to their last schools (USF & USM) despite many opportunities to leave.

I know Leavitt is with the 49ers right now as LB coach, but these kind of achievers always like being in charge of their own program. I believe we should talk to him. As for Bowers, not sure if he still has the fire in his belly, but I'd like to find out.

Understand that these 2 coaches are much different than the other resumes we'll receive. They both believe strongly in defense, and they both know how to BUILD programs and fan bases.
    What is Bower doing now? Do we know he even wants to coach?

Puppy jmartin21 is an unknown

This is just a thought I was having the other night.
    John Thompson former DC in the JRP years with Rattay to be the OC.

Jason Martin

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Monken does have an experience edge and ties to the university. I believe he would be the easiest candidate to sell to the admin, alum, boosters, fans, etc.
    ...but he may be the hardest to get due to his high salary and Gundy, apparently, choosing to stay put.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin21 View Post
    This is just a thought I was having the other night.
    John Thompson former DC in the JRP years with Rattay to be the OC.

Jason Martin
    I like it, but have to have right HC that would hire them. I always though JT was one best defensive coaches and coordinators at Tech and was no surprise be sought at higher levels back then.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    I like it, but have to have right HC that would hire them. I always though JT was one best defensive coaches and coordinators at Tech and was no surprise be sought at higher levels back then.
    I think he was suggesting Thompson for HC. He's currently the interim HC for stAte. I think we'll stick with an offensive HC though.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

For what it's worth, Jim Leavitt's success should be considered against the location and resources with which he had at his disposal. USF has tons of money, recruits in an area with tons of high school talent, plays in an NFL stadium and in a city surrounded by some fantastic beaches. It should also be noted that he sued USF after the firing (which had more to do with his inability to win conference games than slapping a student). As for building a fan base, in 2009 USF played Memphis in the St Petersburg Bowl and brought 21,000.

+ Reply to Thread