+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ryan Allen the best transfer in Tech history?

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Is Ryan Allen the best transfer in Tech history?

I can't think of another transfer who had as great a career at Tech as Allen

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: Is Ryan Allen the best transfer in Tech history?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    I'm going to miss that guy. Hope to see him representing Tech on Sundays.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I know he is a wonderful representative on Louisiana Tech!

And I know we have had some KICK ARSE special teams guys. Hey Ryan, any chance you donate one of those trophies back to the school for a center piece for a "Special Teams Category" in the HoF? It would look really cool when compared to Terry's HoF bust!

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

And leave it to our two kickers Allen and Nelson to tweet the classiest messages in response to the bowl fiasco and their tenures at Tech. Class acts all around.

Bulldog BR Bulldog is an unknown

No doubt, Quinton Patton has been huge. But if you're talking about excelling at their position at an elite level on a game to game and yearly basis that helped the team win games, it's hard to argue against Ray Allen. Best punter in Louisiana college football history!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BR Bulldog View Post
    No doubt, Quinton Patton has been huge. But if you're talking about excelling at their position at an elite level on a game to game and yearly basis that helped the team win games, it's hard to argue against Ray Allen. Best punter in Louisiana college football history!
    Patton was a JUCO guy, I'm talking about how Allen came from Oregon St & Lennon Creer came from Tenn.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Tim Rattay would be ranked right there with Ryan Allen.

Varsity Bulldog Lazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of lightLazarus_KKY is a glorious beacon of light Lazarus_KKY's Avatar

Lets see what Scotty Young can do now that Ryan Allen has set the bar.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a joke, right?

Ratty was from JC so I don't count that. Patton and Josh Bradley come to mind immediately.

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    That's a joke, right?

Ratty was from JC so I don't count that. Patton and Josh Bradley come to mind immediately.
    Patton was a JC, along with Myles White, Oscar Johnson, Jo'nal White, etc...

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Ryan Allen is arguably the greatest player in Tech history. Winning consecutive awards as the top player at his position in the country is unprecedented. While obviously a punter is not as valuable as a great quarterback, I would much rather have another Bradshaw or Rattay (or even Cameron), for a given position he was the most dominant player Tech has ever had.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I just wanted to point out Ryan Allen's acomplishment again. I was bored and went through the National awards lists on ESPN looking for winners from non-AQ schools. I counted about 10. Ryan Allen was 2 of those. Add in Troy Edwards and Louisiana Tech has shown pretty well in the national award picture all things considered.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammell View Post
    Ryan Allen is arguably the greatest player in Tech history. Winning consecutive awards as the top player at his position in the country is unprecedented. While obviously a punter is not as valuable as a great quarterback, I would much rather have another Bradshaw or Rattay (or even Cameron), for a given position he was the most dominant player Tech has ever had.
    Not trying to argue. And I certainly understand the argument of his winning two national awards. But, (has to be a "but") I think one would have to really examine the impact of other great players before making that statement. And, one might arrive at the same conclusion, Ryan is indeed the best at his position in Tech history. But, for now, I'd like to see some other nominations. Like a Troy Edwards, for instance. Fred Dean. Tim Rattay. Tank Landry. Willie Roaf. And....others.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

The transfer with the greatest potential in Tech history was Eric Shaw. He was absolutely unstoppable on the field, but his attitude stopped him plenty of times off the field. He never lived up to expectations, but his ceiling was really high.

Having said that, I think Ryan Allen probably is the best transfer in Tech history. No one dominated his position like Ryan did, and his skills definitely helped us win several games.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Eric Shaw was a beast! Unfortunately, he was as much a terror off the field, as on it.

+ Reply to Thread