+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football. Louisiana Tech Forms Search Committee for New Head Football Coach - latechs

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all

S'prt Times: TECH Names Selection Committee for FB Head Coach l

RUSTON – Following the resignation of Sonny Dykes as Louisiana Tech’s head football coach Thursday, Louisiana Tech President Dan Reneau has assembled a search committee to immediately begin the process of identifying and interviewing potential candidates to fill the head coach position and continue moving the Louisiana Tech football program forward.
    The search committee will be chaired by Les Guice, Louisiana Tech’s president-elect, and current executive vice president and vice president for research and development.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...|topnews|text|

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

Re: S'prt Times: TECH Names Selection Committee for FB Head Coach l

Okay Prez-elect here's your first big decision, lets see what ya got.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Louisiana Tech Forms Search Committee for New Head Football Coach - latechs

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Following the resignation of Sonny Dykes as Louisiana Tech's head football coach Thursday, Louisiana Tech President Dan Reneau has assembled a search committee to immediately begin the process of identifying and interviewing potential candidates to fill the head coach position and continue moving the Louisiana Tech football program forward.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Don't know if I like a current student (Dearmon) having any say on the coaching search

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Don't know if I like a current student (Dearmon) having any say on the coaching search
    Although all of the members will be engaged in the process, Steve and the consultants will primarily make the decision. I would like to see another alumni member.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Although all of the members will be engaged in the process, Steve and the consultants will primarily make the decision. I would like to see another alumni member.
    I'd like Bradshaw or Roaf on the committee

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Forms Search Committee for New Head Football Coach - lat

Wow, Eggen named interim coach! I am a bit surprised by that. Is Spangler gone?

I wish for these types of things, they would name a season ticket holder ("common fan"), former player, and a student (not SGA President) to the committee, just for a different viewpoint. I DO NOT have a problem with folks on it, just would like to see them expand a little.

Re: Football. Louisiana Tech Forms Search Committee for New Head Football Coach - lat

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Wow, Eggen named interim coach! I am a bit surprised by that. Is Spangler gone?

I wish for these types of things, they would name a season ticket holder ("common fan"), former player, and a student (not SGA President) to the committee, just for a different viewpoint. I DO NOT have a problem with folks on it, just would like to see them expand a little.
    where you seeing that about Eggen? It says Likens is the acting head coach

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Times article said Likens was interim.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I noticed that too. Likens no longer on Coaches page. http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...ing-staff.html

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

From the Tech site:

"During the search process, Stan Eggen, defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator, will serve as acting head coach until a permanent head coach is hired."

Might have been two threads started and they got merged. When I posted, the one from Tech was at the top.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The TECH release says Eggan. Almost certainly a mistake by the times.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    Almost certainly a mistake by the times.

Or Tech's initial release was incorrect and was quickly changed.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    The TECH release says Eggan. Almost certainly a mistake by the times.
    It was edited. When I first read the Tech release it had Likens, but now it says Eggan.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Likens was the assistant head coach or something so that's probably why they assumed he was the interim. I tell you what though, whoever we hire NEEDS to retain Eggan. That guy is a heck of a recruiter and a good coach! I was also very impressed by Koonz.

+ Reply to Thread