+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball Stadium Project Started

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Baseball Stadium Project Started

Ground breaking work started at the ballpark the week of 12/3/12 for the locker-room expansion and ticket facility. Hopefully someone can post an occasional picture as progress is made.

Puppy bullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the earsbullman seems to have something between the ears

Re: Baseball Stadium Project Started

Well at least some facilities are getting a make-over unlike the Q4E!

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I think this was an opportunity to hype something good happening. It was mentioned in the baseball season-ticket letter / renewal that was just mailed, but I haven't seen it on Facebook or any press releases made.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    I think this was an opportunity to hype something good happening. It was mentioned in the baseball season-ticket letter / renewal that was just mailed, but I haven't seen it on Facebook or any press releases made.
    Very true!

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Bruce must not be involved with this project.

Coach Sim has always done a good job getting off his tail, rasing money and completing projects - might be a good choice for AD

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post

Coach Sim has always done a good job getting off his tail, rasing money and completing projects - might be a good choice for AD
    John Allen is providing his project management services. He handled the Argent Pavillion when he served as president of the Alumni Association. He is the 2012 Alumnus of the Year. John is a "doer"!!!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Great to have a guy like John getting things done. Old pipe liner!!!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Here is a quick pic taken this afternoon (12-12-12) of the work on the back side of the stadium. Will post more as I get them.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Good, at least progress is being made...hopefully, it will be completed by the first home game
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Here is a quick pic taken this afternoon (12-12-12) of the work on the back side of the stadium. Will post more as I get them.

Looks like a cemetery.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Here are some more. From what I understand, a new ticket booth and revisions to locker room (and possible coaches office) are being done. The locker room revisions I believe will include making the room physically bigger which means the exterior wall will be pushed out some distance where the work is now going on. How far I don't know.

For those of you that attend baseball games, you probably remember that they poured new concrete in the area of the new construction a couple of years back. Obviously, that concrete has been demo'd and removed. Like Rooster meantioned above, I hope this is through before the start of the season.
    Last edited by LABulldog; 12-12-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added additional comments

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Has BVDV been spotted checking on the progress?

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post

That would be a 90% accurate assumption. Initiated by someone other than Bruce, plans developed, donors sought and procured, money given, work started. Bruce attended one meeting good while back to hear plan, etc. n front of with several people including quality individual from Alumni House. Bruce made comment that we don't have the money for this, to which he was told money already both committed and on hand.

I have to agree on at least this point on Sim, he hustles and gets things done way more than any of our other coaches do or have done. So I do thank him for at least this.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    That would be a 90% accurate assumption. Initiated by someone other than Bruce, plans developed, donors sought and procured, money given, work started. Bruce attended one meeting good while back to hear plan, etc. n front of with several people including quality individual from Alumni House. Bruce made comment that we don't have the money for this, to which he was told money already both committed and on hand.

I have to agree on at least this point on Sim, he hustles and gets things done way more than any of our other coaches do or have done. So I do thank him for at least this.
    Well, remember...Bruce considered baseball a throw away sport at Iowa State. He turned it into a club sport. And one of his great money saving ideas at Tech was to do away with fall baseball. Can somebody remind me why we keep him around?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Here are some more. From what I understand, a new ticket booth and revisions to locker room (and possible coaches office) are being done. The locker room revisions I believe will include making the room physically bigger which means the exterior wall will be pushed out some distance where the work is now going on. How far I don't know.

For those of you that attend baseball games, you probably remember that they poured new concrete in the area of the new construction a couple of years back. Obviously, that concrete has been demo'd and removed. Like Rooster meantioned above, I hope this is through before the start of the season.
    Why are the pics so small?

+ Reply to Thread