+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 91 to 95 of 95

Thread: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

  1. #91
    Champ parialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of lightparialex is a glorious beacon of light
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mudfort, WV
    Posts
    1,290

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    I think Dawg06 is too pessimistic about LaTech's and USM's chances of getting in. If the Big East loses Boise State, the conference won't want to be left completely behind the MWC in terms of competitiveness.

  2. #92
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    44,842

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    Quote Originally Posted by parialex View Post
    I think Dawg06 is too pessimistic about LaTech's and USM's chances of getting in. If the Big East loses Boise State, the conference won't want to be left completely behind the MWC in terms of competitiveness.
    Do you know of any small market teams selected because of competiveness? ECU maybe? Q4E and our AD make us look small time.
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

  3. #93
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,139

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Do you know of any small market teams selected because of competiveness? ECU maybe? Q4E and our AD make us look small time.
    Boise's population ranks 104 in the country with Shreve/Boss at 114, Logan Utah at 48,000 pop., Oxford, Mississippi at only 18,910 population and Ruston at 21,910.

  4. #94
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,004

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Do you know of any small market teams selected because of competiveness? ECU maybe? Q4E and our AD make us look small time.
    ECU wasn't selected for competitiveness. They were selected because they pack 50K fans into their stadium every home weekend, and they have actually shown commitment by completing major facility improvements in the past 3-4 years. Their athletic department also brought in over $34K in revenues in 2011. ECU has an enrollment the size of LSU and double our amount of living alumni.

    Competitiveness does not matter in conference expansion. In terms of performance, only dominance matters.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.

  5. #95
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,004

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Boise's population ranks 104 in the country with Shreve/Boss at 114, Logan Utah at 48,000 pop., Oxford, Mississippi at only 18,910 population and Ruston at 21,910.
    None of your argument is relevant.

    Boise State was not added for their market. They were added because their football program is a nationally dominant money maker.

    Did I miss Utah State getting a Big East invite? The Aggies got invited by a desperate MW at the same time we got invited to C-USA. Plus Logan is in the Salt Lake City market along with the entire state of Utah and portions of Nevada, Wyoming, and Idaho, and we aren't technically part of the Shreveport market. The MW's only other options were Idaho, NM State, and TSU-San Marcos.

    Ole Miss was a charter member of the SEC over 80 years ago. Over 80 years ago.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.

  6. #96
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,139

    Re: ESPN: Big East fate vexes Catholic schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    None of your argument is relevant.

    Boise State was not added for their market. They were added because their football program is a nationally dominant money maker.

    Did I miss Utah State getting a Big East invite? The Aggies got invited by a desperate MW at the same time we got invited to C-USA. Plus Logan is in the Salt Lake City market along with the entire state of Utah and portions of Nevada, Colorado, and Idaho.

    Ole Miss was a charter member of the SEC 80 years ago. 80 years ago.
    It wasn't an argument (notice the smilie) my friend. That said Utah did get an invite to the MWC and Boise got in for football as could have we if the cards and stars would have fallen right this year and years ago. Tech has huge upside and people around the country know it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts