+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LSU plans hostile takeover of LSUS

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: LSU plans hostile takeover of LSUS

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    That's a remedial type course. Guess I could take that at LSUS or BPCC?
    BPCC for sure. Can't say if LSUS offers it. But, it's good you are trying to better yourself.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Some of you are in serious need of reading comprehension skills. Consider taking a course on it soon.
    Guess I just misread the post where you said you would use the political contacts you had to try and sink the Tech-LSUS merger? Why haven't I seen you promise to do that with this suggestion, if this goes through only one school will benefit and it ain't in Shreveport.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody cares about lsuuuSsss any more. It new destiny per Da Chiggars is the burn pile. Move along.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I guess the future is:
    1. lsu take funds from lsus and provides mediocre on line courses to lsus students
    2. lsus student population dwindles due to a combination of things such as poor course choices, increased student costs, and higher entrance requirements
    3. lsus eventually dies out
    4. TECH continues to increase the presence in the area through opportunities for the displaced lsus students
    5. SBC hopefully gains an economic advantage from TECH efforts in the area
    6. lsu tries to pull the rug out from under TECH's efforts but hopefully SBC provides evidence that TECH is doing what SBC needs and lsu never intended to do

By the way, what ever happened to the reports that we to be made on lsu providing lsus increased opportunities?

dawg80, you have lived up to my notions on how you conduct yourself by sidestepping the questions.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Guess I just misread the post where you said you would use the political contacts you had to try and sink the Tech-LSUS merger? Why haven't I seen you promise to do that with this suggestion, if this goes through only one school will benefit and it ain't in Shreveport.
    ONE MORE TIME (which is about the 5th or 6th time I have posted this):

The Tech-LSUS merger never had a chance. It was DOA! I never, NOT ONCE, asked a lawmaker to stop that merger, NOT ONCE! It was already dead, before I had the first meeting with any lawmaker. The funniest thing is, many of you don't have a clue who your friends or enemies are. In fact, I didn't know completely until after I made the rounds last year, or whenever it was, and learned who was "okay" with the merger, and who OPPOSED it! I was surprised, I have to admit.

Anyway, as I was then, I am concerned about what changes may occur and how it may adversley affect certain student populations. I could be like so many others, a cold-blooded heartless SOB and join in the chorus of throwing some students under the bus. But, I can't do that. So, I will monitor news coming out of this transition team and express concerns as/when appropriate. It probably won't do any good, of course. Especially with the news (which is not really news) of more budget cuts, now and coming in July, 2013.

I also posted, several times, that LSU-BR will decide the fate of LSUS, as well as A and E. If BR thinks it can unload S and that'll help its budget woes, it (this team) may advocate for the Tech-LSUS merger to occur. Instead of posting here, contact your lawmakers and make that suggestion.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

ONE MORE TIME (which is about the 5th or 6th time I have posted this):

The Tech-LSUS merger never had a chance. It was DOA! I never, NOT ONCE, asked a lawmaker to stop that merger, NOT ONCE! It was already dead, before I had the first meeting with any lawmaker. The funniest thing is, many of you don't have a clue who your friends or enemies are. In fact, I didn't know completely until after I made the rounds last year, or whenever it was, and learned who was "okay" with the merger, and who OPPOSED it! I was surprised, I have to admit.

Anyway, as I was then, I am concerned about what changes may occur and how it may adversley affect certain student populations. I could be like so many others, a cold-blooded heartless SOB and join in the chorus of throwing some students under the bus. But, I can't do that. So, I will monitor news coming out of this transition team and express concerns as/when appropriate. It probably won't do any good, of course. Especially with the news (which is not really news) of more budget cuts, now and coming in July, 2013.

I also posted, several times, that LSU-BR will decide the fate of LSUS, as well as A and E. If BR thinks it can unload S and that'll help its budget woes, it (this team) may advocate for the Tech-LSUS merger to occur. Instead of posting here, contact your lawmakers and make that suggestion.
    So you lied, said you were going to do something then didn't... If I had the time I'd go through those old merger threads and find the exact post... Maybe 06 can find it...

So you lied, said you were going to do something then didn't... If I had the time I'd go through those old merger threads and find the exact post... Maybe 06 can find it...
    I never lied. I told ya, some of you have reading comprehension issues. Or, more accurately, you see what you want to see instead of what is really there.

Doesn't matter, that is all old news and totally irrelevant going forward. Actually, again to be more accurate, it was NEVER relevant. A Tech-LSUS merger was always a non-starter.

But! as I just posted above, do something about it NOW! Contact lawmakers, advocate for the merger. Do it under the guise of helping the Flagship, like this:

since there are more budget cuts looming, it's not healthy for the Flagship to be burdened with those satellite campuses. It would be helpful for Tech to take LSUS off BR's hands.

And then you can further elaborate on the benefits. In other words, just bullshit good!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

German, dawg80 said he would do that, but ended up not having to because the opposition to it was strong enough. There's no real reason to think he did it nor a reason to bash him for not doing what he was going to do in this case. Way too many other people to blame for not doing the right thing, and he isn't one of them. Though, I wish he would clarify and start naming names for these "enemies" he keeps hinting at.

At least it's always easy to know when you're being a condescending ass.

There would be no adverse affects or students thrown under the bus. There are too many other options to choose from in this state. Answer the questions. Prove your statements. I know you're a smart man. How can you take such an indefensible and delusional stance?

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

BPCC for sure. Can't say if LSUS offers it. But, it's good you are trying to better yourself.
    Nah, just a thought. Never did like english classes. I prefer to be just an uneducated electrical engineer.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TN Dawg 13 View Post
    Nah, just a thought. Never did like english classes. I prefer to be just an uneducated electrical engineer.
    Them schoolin's

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Doesn't really bother me if the LSUS-Tech thing doesn't go through. So long as the number of public universities in this state is reduced. The amount we have in relation to our population is ridiculous.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    Doesn't really bother me if the LSUS-Tech thing doesn't go through. So long as the number of public universities in this state is reduced. The amount we have in relation to our population is ridiculous.
    As long as Louisiana Tech is the one doing the consolidating/taking-over/whatever. I'd be fine with it. Then again, I'm sure proud alumni of every institution in this state would say the same thing about THEIR school.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    As long as Louisiana Tech is the one doing the consolidating/taking-over/whatever. I'd be fine with it. Then again, I'm sure proud alumni of every institution in this state would say the same thing about THEIR school.
    True! and on top of that, the state lawmakers who represent the parish(es) considered to be the "home" of the universities can not advocate/support a school going away. They will get raped in the next election, and that is the MOST important thing to any politician, their re-election.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Frankly, LSU can go ahead and suck what blood is left out of LSUS if they want to. It seems that 90% of the concern around S-B is what is going to happen to the medical center. I get the feeling that the same politicians who opposed the Tech-LSUS merger could care less about LSUS. It's the jobs at the med center and all of the business that it generates is what concerns them. It's a big employer around here and it generates income for the entire LSU system.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Frankly, LSU can go ahead and suck what blood is left out of LSUS if they want to. It seems that 90% of the concern around S-B is what is going to happen to the medical center. I get the feeling that the same politicians who opposed the Tech-LSUS merger could care less about LSUS. It's the jobs at the med center and all of the business that it generates is what concerns them. It's a big employer around here and it generates income for the entire LSU system.
    Exactly right. To me lsus was and is a joke unless TECH is merged with it and the then sky would be the limit. Right now it's just a bunch of buildings without a real identity (kind of like the city in general though SB has come a long way).

+ Reply to Thread