+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Skip Holtz

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Skip Holtz

Many of you would prefer to skip Holtz, eh!

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Is Lou Holtz an option?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Only if we make Polident an official sponsor.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    I've also heard that his O looked exactly the same at ECU and USF, run right , run left, pass, then punt. In other words, he may delegate but does he dictate the style?
    He probably does. I bet he's a lot like Dooley... likes to micromanage the game.

He definitely wouldn't be wheels off like Franklin, but I bet he could win a lot of CUSA games, win a couple of championships, and go to a lot of bowl games. But he would probably never get us to 12-0... but who has?

Puppy tydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timetydawgs Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Maybe this is part of the holtz deal! Would be nice!

http://www.rantsports.com/prep-sport...south-florida/

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

No no no. We need somebody fierce who like high flying offense and violent killer instinct defense that loves Tech. Hmmm. Who do we know like that???

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    From the CUSA board:

His good defenses were due to our DC, probably not Holtz.
    His last year at South Florida, when they only won 3 games I think, the defensive coordinator was in his first year. That note from the CUSA Board may be right on target.

Varsity Bulldog oletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around hereoletimer isn't thought very highly of around here

No on Skip Holtz. He is a proven loser at the head coach position. If we wanted to recycle damaged goods, then we should have went after Petrino. I'm sure he would have much rathered La.Tech over a Western Kentucky. Since we didn't, someone mentioned Rattay.........

Varsity Bulldog CorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the roughCorneyDawg is a jewel in the rough CorneyDawg's Avatar

If Skip is the man at least we can change from playing "cotton-eyed Joe" to " Skip to my Lou" during the game.

Bulldog SoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the earsSoFloDawg seems to have something between the ears

Skip eventually squeaked out a little bit of success at ECU then failed at USF. No thank you!.. I would much prefer a coach that can bring some fresh life to Tech, not someone who already showed he can't cut it

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Skip for A.D. and Bobo for H.C. ! ! !

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

Meh. Doesn't excite me at all.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Lets see 5 straight bowl games and won CUSA in back to back years 08-09. Yea real loser. Most of you would have slobbered at the thought of Skip Holtz before he took the USF job. If he wins football games thats all I care about. Hopefully he hires an OC who likes to keep it uptempo.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Lets see 5 straight bowl games and won CUSA in back to back years 08-09. Yea real loser. Most of you would have slobbered at the thought of Skip Holtz before he took the USF job. If he wins football games thats all I care about. Hopefully he hires an OC who likes to keep it uptempo.
    I just don't want to lose a minimum of 5 games per year. That's what Holtz also offers. I just don't see him taking us to the next level. I could see him keeping us competitive, winning some games, and making some bowls, but I don't see him taking La Tech to the next level.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I just don't want to lose a minimum of 5 games per year. That's what Holtz also offers. I just don't see him taking us to the next level. I could see him keeping us competitive, winning some games, and making some bowls, but I don't see him taking La Tech to the next level.
    The next level for me is just stringing together three winning seasons in row!

+ Reply to Thread