+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WKU

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

WKU

I heard the WKU AD speak on sports radio yesterday. These guys had a plan and a coaching shortlist they started working on back in October. They offered their coach a contract extension and when he wouldn't sign it citing it as a distraction better left until after the season ended, they set the wheels in motion in the event their current coach was hired away. 3 days afterwards, they had Petrino. He also praised the school's president of being a real visionary on how the school's athletics program promotes the school to a wider audience.

It sounds like these guys know what they are doing in Bowling Green. Hoping for a real change this summer in Ruston.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Re: WKU

Any school could have had Petrino. He called us before Sonny was on the plane. Tech was discussing candidates before Sonny interviewed with NCST.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    I heard the WKU AD speak on sports radio yesterday. These guys had a plan and a coaching shortlist they started working on back in October. They offered their coach a contract extension and when he wouldn't sign it citing it as a distraction better left until after the season ended, they set the wheels in motion in the event their current coach was hired away. 3 days afterwards, they had Petrino. He also praised the school's president of being a real visionary on how the school's athletics program promotes the school to a wider audience.

It sounds like these guys know what they are doing in Bowling Green. Hoping for a real change this summer in Ruston.
    And we have Bruce.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I hate thread titles like this, it's not very descriptive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

TAPS did a hunt at WKU and found there are plenty of ghosts on campus. How 'bout that!

(and probably some skeletons in closets too)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post

This is EXACTLY the way business is supposed to be transacted. And it's paying off for them too. I don't know if Petrino will succeed at WKU or not, but, other than the Cliff Kingsbury hire at TT, the Petrino hire was definitely the best hire of the year. I commend the WKU leadership for knowing what they want, and being PROPERLY prepared to go and get it.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Any school could have had Petrino. He called us before Sonny was on the plane. Tech was discussing candidates before Sonny interviewed with NCST.

Riiiiiiiight........... That's obviously why we've sat around for the last 8 days and let some of the best coaching candidates be taken off the market. It's part of our plan! :icon_wink:

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If I'm WKU the first ad I roll out with is Petrino on a Harley and that red blood sitting behind him holding onto his leticiples...

Money!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Petrino is a piece of shit. I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand much less my football program. That guy doesn't just lack integrity he's never even heard of the word.

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

After Petrino accepted, they began to immediately investigate who will replace him the year after.

Big Dog aan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her gameaan is on top of his/her game

I personally do not like the petrino hire. Once an army general said: "leadership is a combination of character and strategy...if you must be without one it better be strategy. " Petrino showed he has no character, no moral whatsoever. The fact that he can coach is overshadowed by his lack of ethics. If I'd have any kids I would not want them playing for a coach like that.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aan View Post
    I personally do not like the petrino hire. Once an army general said: "leadership is a combination of character and strategy...if you must be without one it better be strategy. " Petrino showed he has no character, no moral whatsoever. The fact that he can coach is overshadowed by his lack of ethics. If I'd have any kids I would not want them playing for a coach like that.
    Would never let my son play for him. Never.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I would not support the Petrino hire.

Glad he was not considered for Tech.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Riiiiiiiight........... That's obviously why we've sat around for the last 8 days and let some of the best coaching candidates be taken off the market. It's part of our plan! :icon_wink:

HD
    HD you can say what you want about my post but it won't change the factual nature of it. He wasn't the only high profile to call either. There was anutther. :icon_wink:

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    HD you can say what you want about my post but it won't change the factual nature of it. He wasn't the only high profile to call either. There was anutther. :icon_wink:
    too bad none of those that called was one of the Bowden kids. they have each led a team to an undefeated season and both fit the "coach's son" motif that Tech was looking to follow. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread