+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a complete cluster...

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

What a complete cluster...

****! It has been a slow leak since yesterday with no real information coming out...just rumors. Finally, a press conference is called for 4PM today to announce Skip Holtz as our new coach. Could we have done a worse job of wrapping up the hiring process? How difficult is it to manage the process?
    Last edited by CARTEK; 12-14-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What a complete cluster...

The complete breakdown of anything resembling leadership at the end of this season worries me far more than who our next coach is. A bad coach might doom us to 3 or 4 bad years...but bad administration has doomed us to 20+ years of neglect and mismanagement, and probably will be responsible for more.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What other school handled it differently? Reach an agreement, call a press conference. Pretty standard.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    What other school handled it differently? Reach an agreement, call a press conference. Pretty standard.
    Thats what I was thinking....

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    ****! It has been a slow leak since yesterday with no real information coming out...just rumors. Finally, a press conference is called for 4PM today to announce Skip Holtz as our new coach. Could we have done a worse job of wrapping up the hiring process? How difficult is it to manage the process? Oh, I forgot...BVDV could not manage his way out of a wet paper sack!
    If you follow thesecoaching searches it seems like there have been leaks in all of them. Trying to see where ours is different.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    ****! It has been a slow leak since yesterday with no real information coming out...just rumors. Finally, a press conference is called for 4PM today to announce Skip Holtz as our new coach. Could we have done a worse job of wrapping up the hiring process? How difficult is it to manage the process? Oh, I forgot...BVDV could not manage his way out of a wet paper sack!
    Look who they hired! They could have hired this guy a week ago. I thought they did a search to find a good coach, not just somebody because he's a coach's son. This one is on Guice. You can't blame Bruce for this. Guice was the head man on the committee, not Bruce.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Look who they hired! They could have hired this guy a week ago. I thought they did a search to find a good coach, not just somebody because he's a coach's son. This one is on Guice. You can't blame Bruce for this. Guice was the head man on the committee, not Bruce.
    So if we win the CUSA championship in the next 2-3 years you'll come back and say how great of a hire it was? I mean who is saying this is a bad hire? YOU? Are you a player, because they seem to like the hire.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

1/2 of BB&B right now...

Puppy blackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the roughblackjackcaddy10 is a jewel in the rough

I agree with Blue Dawg and CARTEX on this subject. Yesterday around 6 p.m. I found out that Skip Holtz was going to be our next head coach. While a part of me is excited that we found a new coach, the other part of me feels like the search committee jumped the gun on this one and did not fully seek all possibilites. Bad decisions are made by those who are in charge ,and frankly those people need to be let go from their positions. The bad thing about this whole situation is that there has been too many false reports by some, finger pointing at people, and not accepting the blame for all that has happened in the past couple of weeks. I honestly can not support an administration where poor decisions are made by those in charge, however, I will go support the athletes that sacrifice so much to their respected programs. Well I hope this makes sense and I do apologize if I got off the topic of this thread. Well, I'm excited to see what the SKIPPER will bring to the table this coming year.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post

lol

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Yeah but if you read Twitter at all you know almost every coaching hire before the press conference iseven announced much less when it happens.

I want bvdv gone too but not over this. Not even sure he had much input on this one.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Yeah but if you read Twitter at all you know almost every coaching hire before the press conference iseven announced much less when it happens.

I want bvdv gone too but not over this. Not even sure he had much input on this one.
    Right, Bruce's last 2 hires were Sonny Dykes and Mike White. This one is on Guice.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I guess y'all are used to getting phone calls from stringed cans, too!

I stand corrected...it is standard operating procedure for a university to wait 24 hours before any form of official communication comes out about the coach that was hired yesterday!

Oh, and I'm not putting the hire on BVDV (although he is useless)...I am putting the lack of any form of coordinated communication on BVDV because that is his job as AD!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    1/2 of BB&B right now...

Whatever song he's listening to must be awesome!

+ Reply to Thread