+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Hire a Coach with a 16-20 Record.....

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Would You Hire a Coach with a 16-20 Record.....

over the last 3 years?

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Re: Would You Hire a Coach with a 16-20 Record.....

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    over the last 3 years?
    Just shutup

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Just shutup
    Ditto!!

Oh and to Da Pit please.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Just shutup
    All I want is a yes or no.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

All I want is a yes or no.
    yes

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

yes.

Puppy OncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the earsOncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the earsOncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the earsOncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the earsOncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the earsOncomingStorm93 seems to have something between the ears

Depends on how you look at it. For example, Willie Taggart took a team with 20 straight losses, then went 2-10, 7-5 and 7-5. I would hire that coach with a 16-20 record.

On the other hand, Holtz took a rapidly rising team and went 8-5, 5-7, and 3-9. I would defiantly not hire that 16-20 record.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree. Just shut up. I guess you prefer a coach who's never been a head coach 0-0 right.... test the waters at Tech.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OncomingStorm93 View Post
    Depends on how you look at it. For example, Willie Taggart took a team with 20 straight losses, then went 2-10, 7-5 and 7-5. I would hire that coach with a 16-20 record.

On the other hand, Holtz took a rapidly rising team and went 8-5, 5-7, and 3-9. I would defiantly not hire that 16-20 record.
    Didn't they lose 5 of their last 7 regular season games under Leavitt? I don't know if that is rapidly rising. Maybe instead of hitting that kid Leavitt should have just locked him in a closet like Leach did.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

over the last 3 years?
    Good Lord man! Let it go.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Good Lord man! Let it go.
    See ya at the games next fall, Don. Hope we'll all be smiling.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Don, you know I'm a fan of yours...and I think I know you (from here anyway) well enough to know YOU would LOVE ... LOVE ... to be wrong about this. You're a BULLDAWG, brother, and I know you want the best for our University.

Let's give Coach Skip a chance. And like Tech77 says...hopefully we'll all be smilin'

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

Yep !

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Yep ..... coaching football at a school on a beach has to have it's own problems:

16-20 was Jack Bicknell's record his last 3 years at Tech. Skip Holtz was 16-21 at USF in his 3 years there. If we were going to go after a former USF coach, we should have hired Leavitt. He was 25-14 his last 3 years. This was all about getting a coach cheap. USF has to pay Holtz 2.5 million per year over the next 6 years, so, I would assume Tech won't have to pay him anything. That's about as cheap as you can get. I guess Guice was trying to show LFR that he could make a good business decision. That's a good ROI. Since Holtz was hired coming off of a 3-9 season, it seems like everybody is happy with that. So, if he ever gets to 6-6 and gets us in a bowl, everybody will just be overflowing with joy, even if we lose the bowl game. Happy days are here again!!!!:bigcry:

+ Reply to Thread