+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

"If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

My biggest takeaway from the press conference.

I don't expect the Tony Franklin System, but I do expect an up-tempo offense. I wasn't sure about that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    My biggest takeaway from the press conference.

I don't expect the Tony Franklin System, but I do expect an up-tempo offense. I wasn't sure about that.
    He obviously likes it (fingers snapping).
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Glad we're not dumping our offense for the "Wishbone". Been there, done that....20 some odd years ago.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

It was interesting to hear Dr Guice say that this process opened his eyes to the rapidly changing landscape in college football and that should help him going forward as President. At least he acknowledged there is a college football landscape. Then I got interrupted and missed most of Coach Holtz's comments...

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

On the calibre of our young men: "What do you say about the quality of these young men? I stood at the door and shook hands with each and every player, who took their hats off and looked me in the eye when they spoke to me. That spoke volumes about the quality of these guys..." ---

God Bless our Boys. Welcome Coach! GO DAWGS!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    On the calibre of our young men: "What do you say about the quality of these young men? I stood at the door and shook hands with each and every player, who took their hats off and looked me in the eye when they spoke to me. That spoke volumes about the quality of these guys..." ---

God Bless our Boys. Welcome Coach! GO DAWGS!
    Our boys are the only thing that matters to me in this process. I love these boys and I'm so proud of them.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Glad we're not dumping our offense for the "Wishbone". Been there, done that....20 some odd years ago.
    You're older than you think. It was 33 years ago.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

The "Bone" was the hot offense at the time. Much like the fast paced "spread" is now. I wonder what the next hot scheme will be.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I think that was the veer that Beightol tried to run. We didn't have enough RBs to run the wishbone.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You're older than you think. It was 33 years ago.
    You know you've been around a while when you can miss something by a DECADE but in your mind it seems like it was yesterday.
    :bigcry:

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

How bout the Delaware Wing?? We the RBs for that!! JK!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

You know you've been around a while when you can miss something by a DECADE but in your mind it seems like it was yesterday.
    :bigcry:
    Exactly!!! Christmas was only about a month ago, wasn't it????

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

It was the veer, not the bone. We did not have a QB for the veer or the right linemen. Keith T quit rather than go through that mess. As I was leaving McNeese Stadium after watching them pound us, I saw FJ Taylor sitting on the aisle. I stopped, got his attention and told him "That's a Veery boring offense you've got out there." You have to remember we were used to Coach Mick's very effective O's at the time. Larry was fired a week later.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I especially like the comment that you dont snap the ball with 28 seconds left on the playclock if your defense is getting tired. Gotta get them some time to rest. A fast paced offense that can adjust if necessary.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

^^^This^^^

+ Reply to Thread