+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Staff 2013 Thread

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL: Staff 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Doesnt Jaluke have some stud TE? Pretty good opportunity to play from day 1 at good ole Lolly Polly (which I prefer to LaTech/LA Tech/L.A. Tech).
    Standish Dobart, who is committed to Miami. He also has a CB, Noel Ellis, commited to A&M

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Chandler is done, he was at Tech for five seasons and received his Bachelors and Masters degrees along with post MBA classes. Smart guy and good man. I felt sorry for him as he was recruited by Dooley for his offense and ending up with Dykes' offense that didn't use tight ends.
    I spoke with his parents the last game...he is gonna work hard and try to go to the combine...they are very proud of both of his degrees...obviously, he was not exposed in Dykes' offense...but he has great hands and can block well...some scouts think he may have a chance in the league...worth a shot
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Wikipedia had Gibbs as defensive backs coach. That would be phenomenal. He's good hire for DC but it would be out of this world to get him as DB coach.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs13 View Post
    Skip has never been in an offense with no TEs, doesn't look like Cubit has either. Seems like we'd wanna go get a "system" guy if we really wanna keep chuckin it around. What was Arizona running when Scelfo was out there? And I guess Kubic had a bad interview or was that just a rumor?
    I'm just explaining why we have an "inside receivers" coach. We don't have any more coaches than usual, it's the spot you'd normally call a TE/ST coach. But since we didn't use tight ends, it's called "inside WR/ST."

If we start using them again, then he'll become our TE coach.

Bulldog GoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her gameGoDawgs13 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm just explaining why we have an "inside receivers" coach. We don't have any more coaches than usual, it's the spot you'd normally call a TE/ST coach. But since we didn't use tight ends, it's called "inside WR/ST."

If we start using them again, then he'll become our TE coach.

Well for the record I really hope we start using them again, these air raid offenses seem to fizzle out at the end of the year. I'm afraid we become too predictable when we are only getting in two or three personnel groupings. I bet we sign a couple HS TEs this year.

We should here something on an OC before the week is out. Bummed about Kubic though, I had class with him back in the day, good guy.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

What happened w/ Kubik? I thought he was in the hunt.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9 View Post
    What happened w/ Kubik? I thought he was in the hunt.
    He's a WR coach. My guess is Rattay took his spot.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I am just hoping that now that the bowl games are finishing we can start talking to some of these coaches and get our staff nailed down.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    He's a WR coach. My guess is Rattay took his spot.
    Probably right. Seems as if Kubik could've gotten the spot that Sloan got. I don't know. I just hope we've got this thing nailed down and are, for some reason, not announcing yet.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Probably right. Seems as if Kubik could've gotten the spot that Sloan got. I don't know. I just hope we've got this thing nailed down and are, for some reason, not announcing yet.
    Maybe we are hiring someone from Alabama or Notre Dame and will have to wait until that game is finished.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Maybe we are hiring someone from Alabama or Notre Dame and will have to wait until that game is finished.
    Hope always springs eternal doesn't it champ!
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Actually Andy Reid and Skip go way back and Reid is weighing the Tech OC job against various NFL head coaching offers.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Nick Saban - Louisiana Tech Defensive Coordinator has a nice ring to it.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I had to check just to make sure it isn't April Fool's Day.

Tech has got to be paying more than several positions I saw posted on CoachingSearch.com.

West Virginia State University: (NCAA D-II) has an immediate opening for a Restricted Earnings Wide Receivers Coach. Responsibilities include coaching the Wide Receivers, assisting in coaching special teams, recruiting a designated area, and assisting with all video editing, strength and conditioning, and equipment responsibilities. Compensation includes $10,000 salary and housing. No benefits will be provided. [Gotta be some kinda fine house!!!!]

University of Arkansas at Monticello: has an opening for a full time position coaching the Offensive Line. This job pays $35,000 with full benefits. Job will also require teaching one class per year plus player academic responsibilities.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

There is SO much activity on Football Scoop and Coaching Search with every school except TECH. We have firmed up 4 coaches? This including Skip. Does anyone else want to see this staff put in place and hitting the ground running?

I am hoping that things are in place and that Tech has a clamp on information leaked......the best in the nation. Just seems to me that we would/should have the OC and DC locked in by now.....or at least some current rumors.

+ Reply to Thread