+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Staff 2013 Thread

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL: Staff 2013 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    recruiting coordinator
    At home and can't edit on my phone. Will add him in the am.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

With Hudson, in 2003 and 2004, his defenses were between 30th and 40th in Total Defense. Then in 2005, he took over at ECU. The 2 previous years they were 108 and 118 in Total Defense. Then he got them to (guesstimating, since they didn't number the lines) around 80th, 44th, 80th, 32nd, 36th. From nearly DEAD LAST.....

So if we are getting them both, then I hope it's Hudson for DC and LB's, then Gibbs for Secondary.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Gotta recruit the players or these guys won't have a chance to achieve coaching stardom. There is a mass of foolishness in the evaluation of potential coaches. Success will always come down to recruiting motivated, talented players.
    Remembering the years in the 1970s when I coached both girls and boys in basketball at our Fayettenam Youth Center. I may have appeared to be a genius to people who watched my boys' teams but an idiot by those who watched my girl's teams. The relative success of the teams had nothing to do with my ability but everything to do with what the players learned before I took over their teams. Sure, my daughter could elevate and block a lot of shots, but I had her flat-handing the ceiling by the fourth grade. No coach can do it all in one spring and summer of practice. They have to show up with ability and attitude.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    The one year at Auburn was great. It IS also the only year that he's been a DC and not an assistant coach, so I guess that gives me SOME hope, but Auburn's defense was in the top of those statistics from 2003-2008. I just wish that he had a little more than 1 year at Auburn for that to impress me. Now check out the pass defense stats for his stints in the NFL....

2005: Kansas City (30) - year prior
    2006: Kansas City (18) -
    2007: Kansas City (5) -
    2008: Kansas City (28) - :bigcry:

2008: Houston (17) - year prior
    2009: Houston (18) -
    2010: Houston (32) - entire defensive staff fired

Maybe hate is the wrong word... it just makes me really nervous that he's the DB coach and both teams were awful in his last year. If you can make me feel better about him, I'm listening.
    Wasn't he the DC for Minnesota for 4 (97-00' )years or was WIKI wrong?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Guess he was... my bad.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

According to that Coaching Search website Eggen is official.

http://coachingsearch.com/home/2005-...ges-chart.html

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Noticed that Petey is not listed on Monken's staff yet at USM. Is that a done deal yet or is he being considered by Coach Holtz? I think it was a no brainer to keep Eggen but glad you did it Coach.

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Noticed that Petey is not listed on Monken's staff yet at USM. Is that a done deal yet or is he being considered by Coach Holtz? I think it was a no brainer to keep Eggen but glad you did it Coach.
    Don't know what the wait is for Petey.... IMO he's a no brainer for keeping him.... CC had to be one of the cleanest QB's in FBS this year and our running game was one of the best too... Git'em signed!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Adding JJ from KARR would be HUGE. Especially as recruiting coordinator. Outside of JT Curtis thats the hottest thing going on with the New Orleans high school football scene. He has great connections in the city and Karr alone is absolutely LOADED for the next 3 years with top flight talent. I hope this gets done.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    The one year at Auburn was great. It IS also the only year that he's been a DC and not an assistant coach, so I guess that gives me SOME hope, but Auburn's defense was in the top of those statistics from 2003-2008. I just wish that he had a little more than 1 year at Auburn for that to impress me. Now check out the pass defense stats for his stints in the NFL....

2005: Kansas City (30) - year prior
    2006: Kansas City (18) -
    2007: Kansas City (5) -
    2008: Kansas City (28) - :bigcry:

2008: Houston (17) - year prior
    2009: Houston (18) -
    2010: Houston (32) - entire defensive staff fired

Maybe hate is the wrong word... it just makes me really nervous that he's the DB coach and both teams were awful in his last year. If you can make me feel better about him, I'm listening.
    So you would pass up hiring Saban? He had some crappy teams in the NFL.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Wasn't Kevin Curtis here under Dooley? I see he is DB's coach at Texas Tech now
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    He was here the last 3 years. He just took that job.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Dykes brought him here from Texas Tech and saddled Spangler with him.

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by docmarvin362 View Post
    dc (lb): greg hudson/david gibbs

husdon: http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-fo...on_greg00.html

gibbs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/david_g...ican_football)

on paper, give me hudson please. Maybe he's talking to gibbs about getting back into coaching and being a secondary coach.
    please no!!!!!

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Skip Holtz said on Twitter that he will be announcing new members of the LA Tech family today.

https://twitter.com/LATechSHoltz

+ Reply to Thread