+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Bayou Sportsline

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all

Re: Bayou Sportsline

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogbacker2 View Post
    Indy bowl chairman says over 42000 tickets sold
    Includes the allotment to Ohio U (10,000 I understand) with reports that Ohio has sold less than 1000. It also includes my 16 that are going un-claimed.

With poor weather forecast, I predict actual bodies in the stands at <25,000.

STF

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Prob true about actual attendance

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Expect just enough attendance to disappoint the backers, and too many for the non-supporters. How frustrating would that be?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

The one thing that we have to remember with all the doomsday talk regarding the poor attendance at the I Bowl, the bowl committee doesn't have to concern itself with how many butts are in the seats. Sure, it looks nice on TV to have a good crowd. But they're far more concerned about dollars; therefore, their chief concern is tickets sold, and that includes any unused tickets that are sold to the participating universities. They get their ticket money from those guys either way, and they get money from the season ticket holders whether they attend the game or not. The weather, and bowl matchup, probably will have a major effect on any walk-up crowd, though.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    The one thing that we have to remember with all the doomsday talk regarding the poor attendance at the I Bowl, the bowl committee doesn't have to concern itself with how many butts are in the seats. Sure, it looks nice on TV to have a good crowd. But they're far more concerned about dollars; therefore, their chief concern is tickets sold, and that includes any unused tickets that are sold to the participating universities. They get their ticket money from those guys either way, and they get money from the season ticket holders whether they attend the game or not. The weather, and bowl matchup, probably will have a major effect on any walk-up crowd, though.
    The one thing to remember is that the primary purpose of bowl games is to create the largest local economic impact possible. Ticket sales should be of secondary importance to hotel room nights, restaurants, entertainment, and tax revenue.

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Also, dont forget sponsorship. If Advocare does not see an equitable return on investment in the Independence Bowls television viewership, expect it to look towards other bowls or other marketing techniques who might give them that. Ohio vs. ULM will not generate a positive television rating, especially with its current time slot.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by supermel311 View Post
    I'm talking about division 1 championships. You guys can "claim" as many championships as you like but it doesn't make it true. As far as other sports, I wouldn't even consider the women's basketball championships legit since there were far fewer programs sponsoring the sport back then and even less that actuallycared. Those are no more relevant than ULM's 22 water skiing championships.
    It is true, idiot. What do you mean claim. Tech has lost more NC games and won more NC games than NLJC has played in.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about division 1 championships. You guys can "claim" as many championships as you like but it doesn't make it true. As far as other sports, I wouldn't even consider the women's basketball championships legit since there were far fewer programs sponsoring the sport back then and even less that actuallycared. Those are no more relevant than ULM's 22 water skiing championships.
    That is stupid even for a NLJC'er.

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogfan1 View Post
    Also, dont forget sponsorship. If Advocare does not see an equitable return on investment in the Independence Bowls television viewership, expect it to look towards other bowls or other marketing techniques who might give them that. Ohio vs. ULM will not generate a positive television rating, especially with its current time slot.
    The I-Bowl isn't a major bowl game. Any teams they would have selected would garner about the same tv viewership. Hardcore college football fans and gamblers will watch the bowl games regardless of who is playing. Do you really think there would be a ratings spike if LA Tech was playing in it? Don't kid yourselves.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I will red dot everyone who responds to or reposts from this flamer. I suggest all do the same.

The I-Bowl isn't a major bowl game. Any teams they would have selected would garner about the same tv viewership. Hardcore college football fans and gamblers will watch the bowl games regardless of who is playing. Do you really think there would be a ratings spike if LA Tech was playing in it? Don't kid yourselves.
    Yes. Louisiana Tech University is a nationally known name. Nobody knows what NLJC's name is but seem to be favoring LaMon.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    I will red dot everyone who responds to or reposts from this flamer. I suggest all do the same.
    I won't respond to the flamer with any message on the open board, but I did red dot him with a comment about how ULM will always be found lacking when the achievements of ULM and Louisiana Tech are compared to one another.

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Yes. Louisiana Tech University is a nationally known name. Nobody knows what NLJC's name is but seem to be favoring LaMon.
    I assure you, outside of your region, Louisiana Industrial Institute is no more known or respected than ULM.
    Last edited by supermel311; 12-26-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I assure you, outside of your region, Louisiana Industrial Institute is no more known or respected than ULM.
    Bullshit. I can assure you that.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

The truth is LA Tech is more known & respected nationally than it is "in our region." Maybe those in our region will figure that out one day. Secondly, most on this board could not care less nor do even think about ULM. Some do & for them they will probably congratulate you all on your first bowl game & wish you luck. For the rest, they are either haters or just don't give a rats a_ _! Most Tech fans are pissed at the Bowl & hoping that they feel it in their pocketbooks this year. Nothing against ULM. So you don't have to lurk on our board & tell us how great ULM is. We are not buying.

+ Reply to Thread