+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Christmas music thread

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: The Christmas music thread

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Ugh. Not a fan of Zoey Deschanel's singing voice.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I would be remiss if at this time of the year I didn't, like I do every year, remind everyone on BB&B that Jesus is NOT the reason for the season. There are simply NO historical or even Biblical accounts of Jesus of Nazareth, son of Joseph and Mary, being born "this time of year", let alone on "Christmas Day." The promotion of "Christmas" in the non-secular context is nothing more than the persecution of pagans at the hands of Christians. Maybe I should start a thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It is a great time of the year. I am off work, and get to spend the time with family.
    So why do you get off work during Christmas? Should you? I guess you're kind of glad Christians celebrate the birth of Christ and you as an atheist get to celebrate it also with time off huh? But shouldn't you actually volunteer to work during the holidays instead? Or maybe give your days to a practicing Christian that might love to have a few extra days off? Hum........ Do you also take Easter off? Should you? With that said, do you not find your comments above a tad hypocritical?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    So why do you get off work during Christmas? Should you? I guess you're kind of glad Christians celebrate the birth of Christ and you as an atheist get to celebrate it also with time off huh? But shouldn't you actually volunteer to work during the holidays instead? Or maybe give your days to a practicing Christian that might love to have a few extra days off? Hum........ Do you also take Easter off? Should you? With that said, do you not find your comments above a tad hypocritical?
    Just because he is an Atheist and doesn't believe it is Christ's birthday, doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to spend time with his family and still enjoy the holidays. Only difference is, the holiday means something different to him than it does to others.

FYI, I am no athiest and I don't believe Christ was born on December 25th. Does this mean I can't celebrate the holidays?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If it were a floating holiday, I might use it at another time, but it is convenient that it is at the end of the year when I know exactly how many vacation days I have left to burn. After today, I will not report back to work until January 7. Besides, I enjoy the secular aspects of Dec 25.

I don't get or use vacation around Easter. However, since it falls on a weekend, I have only on a few occasions worked that day.

I am not European or Jewish, but both of those would be better as far as number of vacation days go.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think his head was as hard as mine was 50 years ago. Something will happen down the road and he'll take another look.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Why isn't this on TV anymore? PETA?

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Ray Parker Jr.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Why isn't this on TV anymore? PETA?

Probably...first Gibson Guitar, now it'll be docking tails:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1104138AAhIqaH

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

For NOLA-philes.

It hurts my heart that so many of these references are now obsolete.

+ Reply to Thread