Dear Fellow LTAC Members,
Thank you for your loyal support for Louisiana Tech Athletics. Never before has your support been more important to our athletics programs!
I recently had the opportunity to chair the search committee for Louisiana Tech’s 33rd Head Football Coach, and I was thrilled when Skip Holtz accepted our offer. His passion, strong experience, knowledge of the game, desire to win, concern for the welfare of our student athletes, and integrity will serve us well. I am confident that with the full backing of the Tech Family, Coach Holtz will continue to advance Louisiana Tech’s national reputation as a winner and enhance our ability to compete successfully in conference championships, bowl games, and the national rankings.
It was very beneficial to me to be able to serve as Chair of the search committee and to be able to interview and interact with so many coaches and athletics directors from across the country. We interacted with folks in almost every major conference and many highly successful athletics programs. There were two major things for which I came to have a much greater appreciation:
1. Louisiana Tech’s national reputation for quality in academics and winning in athletics makes us a highly desirable destination for coaches and players. Our longstanding reputation for producing successful athletes and having high-powered, prolific offenses greatly helps us in recruiting.
2. There is a rapidly changing dynamic in collegiate athletics. We have seen this reflected in conference realignments, in the positioning of teams and conferences in national rankings, in the development of top-notch facilities, and in the competition for coaches and players.
To sustain the significant progress in building Louisiana Tech’s athletics programs to the national stature that is desired by all of us, we must redouble our efforts to broaden support from our alumni and friends. We must have funds that enable us to recruit, retain, and support our coaches; funds must be available to enhance academic, health, and conditioning support of our student athletes; and private support is necessary to increase recruiting and scholarships for student athletes.
Athletics is a central part of Louisiana Tech and an integral component of our efforts to elevate the institution’s national standing. It is essential that we continue to focus on the success of our student athletes and ensure that a winning athletics program is conducted with integrity and class. Enhancing our success as a consistent winner in a nationally respected conference is critical to the University’s overall recruiting, marketing, and development efforts; I am committed to ensuring that funding for the program is strong and sustained.
As a longtime member of the Louisiana Tech Athletic Club, I share the pride in our athletics programs, and my family and I support our teams and the student athletes that so proudly represent this University. Kathy and I are redoubling our commitment to LTAC, and I ask you to join us as we seek to increase LTAC membership and participation. Please share this message with your friends and other Tech alumni, and encourage them to join the LTAC team. If you would like to make a year-end gift, please click here or mail your gift to LTAC, P.O. Box 1190, Ruston, LA 71273.
Our most sincere appreciation goes to all of you who have been making the difference in taking Louisiana Tech athletics from good to great!
Les and Kathy Guice (Class of ‘76)
President-Elect