+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should the next AD be?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Who should the next AD be?

The general consensus on this board is the BVD will not and should not be retained. With all the hirings and resignings of coaches. I haven't heard anyone post a short list of qualified candidates. Here is your chance. Please give a name and reason why your candidate would benefit TECH.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldog555 is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Who should the next AD be?

Derek Dooley. He looks good in blue pants.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I would have a problem with that except I don't want him messing with SH's program.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Stan Williamson for AD. He is a qualified, experienced Tech guy that wants to return to Ruston (so I have heard). His wife is a former Lady Techster. They bleed Tech red and blue.

http://www.uwaathletics.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Williamson has been mentioned on here before. I don't know anything about him, so I won't speak pro or con. I just want someone who understands the changing landscape of the NCAA and can position Tech for the best possible future.

However, this entire thread assumes that Bruce is on his way out. Until that actually happens, this is just talk.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

In no particular order ...

DFM
    OmahaDawg
    GODAWGSGO

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    In no particular order ...

DFM
    OmahaDawg
    GODAWGSGO
    I want OmahaDawg. If allowed to do his job properly he would be great at Tech.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post

That would be my choice. Williamson would be a very close 1A choice if things did not work out with Marti. After that some young go getter from a major school that has had plenty of success so they know what it looks like and how to achive it.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Tim Allen, Senior Associate Commissioner, Big 12 Conference

With 25-plus years of experience in NCAA Division I conference office operations, Senior Associate Commissioner Tim Allen handles a variety of duties for the Big 12 Conference.

Allen is the primary administrator for day-to-day operations of the television packages for the Big 12. He is the staff liaison to the Board of Athletic Directors, handles scheduling of Conference games for football and men’s basketball, and serves as the director of the Big 12 men’s basketball championship. In addition, Allen also has oversight of the Big 12 media relations department as well as marketing, corporate sponsorships licensing, and Website operations.

One of the original Big 12 staff members, Allen came to the league directly from the Big Eight Conference. He joined the Big Eight in 1983 as the primary media contact and director of the Conference service bureau. He was promoted to Assistant Commissioner in 1989 and to Associate Commissioner in 1995, assuming duties in marketing, corporate relations, television issues, sponsorships, scheduling, other regular-season, and post-season competition in football, basketball and baseball, and was the Conference office representative for licensing and insurance issues. Allen was promoted to Senior Associate Commissioner in 2008.

Allen served in two key roles during the transition phase from the Big Eight to the Big 12. He was the primary staff liaison to the Board of Athletics Directors transition committee and was assigned to assist the revenue distribution sub-committee during the expansion effort. He was director for the Phillips 66 Big Eight and Big 12 baseball tournaments from 1989-2004 and worked every one of these conference tourneys from 1976-2004 in various capacities.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog555 View Post
    Derek Dooley. He looks good in blue pants.
    I think he was overrated as an AD. I think he looked good merely because of the contrast effect with what we had at AD in his 2 predecessors. We benefited from him as AD because he was able to expand DR's and the fans' expectations of what Tech athletics has the potential to be, because his "energy" was divided between football and the rest of the athletic department, and because he had a capable admin guy in BVDV. These latter two points served to dilute his abrasive and off-putting style. If he were to be just AD, I think it would be a train wreck.

I want someone with a good bit of marketing experience and some big conference experience. I other words know where we need to be and how to get there!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Godawgsgo

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Dooley needs to start selling insurance.
    The rest of the people mentioned sound great.

+ Reply to Thread