+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MWC, CBS Restructure TV Deal

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: MWC, CBS Restructure TV Deal

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I just think we have as legitimate a shot as many you have mentioned prior. UNT is not on par with us. Athletic budgets are very skewed, our academics are rock solid and if we can ever get the Q4E started we would be in good shape.

Now show me a school besides Boise that is a year in and year out BCS buster.
    Our Basketball program is improving very much and could be in the tourney this year.
    Our fanbase has almost doubled since I left school in 06 and attendance in up 25k from 16k 10 years ago.
    You make some good points. Those things were good enough to get us a C-USA invite, but I don't think it's enough to get us a Big East invite. We aren't competing against Belch schools anymore. We are competing against C-USA, MW, and MAC schools now.

You're right about Boise State being the only remaining non-AQ school that consistently competes for BC$ bowls. Utah and TCU have already been snatched by the AQ conferences, and the Big East (ESPN/NBC) and Mountain West (CBS) are fighting over Boise State right now. They are fighting for Boise State because they are the only available non-AQ football program that brings significant value to a tv contract for the product they put on the field.

Our MBB program hasn't made the Big Dance since 1991 and hasn't won an NCAA tournament game since 1989. Our recent MBB improvement isn't a ticket to a better conference. Even if we win out this season and fall in the WAC finals, I don't think we would get an NCAA at-large bid due to our weak schedule and lack of $$ wins.

Our football fan base has made great strides, but it isn't nearly big enough to write our ticket to a better conference.

I don't know of any school that has earned an invite based on academcis. I think academics is just something that can disqualify a candidate but not earn them an invite.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

Our football fan base has made great strides, but it isn't nearly big enough to write our ticket to a better conference.
    ........as opposed to the tremendous football attendance results they've been getting at Tulane, SMU & Memphis?

HD

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The point I'm making 06 is that we have the potential and the ability to surpass everyone in CUSA. We are on the right track and it is a process. I see us in either the Big East or with the majority of those schools within the next ten years. It's not nearly as bleak as you put on.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    The point I'm making 06 is that we have the potential and the ability to surpass everyone in CUSA. We are on the right track and it is a process. I see us in either the Big East or with the majority of those schools within the next ten years. It's not nearly as bleak as you put on.
    I'm not talking about ten years from now. That's too far ahead. I'm talking about the next couple years when all the current mess will be straightened out.

1. There's one domino immediately in front of us in Boise State.

2. Then there's a couple more dominoes that will likely be pushed by the Big Ten Network and SEC Network within the next couple of years.

We need to be concerned with where we stand (and which schools do and don't stand with us... cough cough ULL..) after these dominoes fall in the near future. After that, I think we'll see a period of stability while the new contracts run their courses. The Big 12's current tv deal runs through 2025, and the Longhorn Network's contract runs through 2031.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 12-30-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ........as opposed to the tremendous football attendance results they've been getting at Tulane, SMU & Memphis?

HD
    Those schools obviously got invited to the Big East for other reasons.

+ Reply to Thread