+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Detroit OL Gets QB Hurt on Purpose

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit OL Gets QB Hurt on Purpose

Where is Goodell and the NFL? Where are the suspensions, fines and draft pick take aways?

Lomas Brown: I purposely missed a block to get Scott Mitchell hurt

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 22, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
    Getty Images
    Former Lions offensive tackle and current ESPN analyst Lomas Brown made a startling confession in a radio interview on Friday: Brown said that he once purposely missed a block because he wanted the man he was supposed to block, Packers defensive end Sean Jones, to injure Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell.
    In an interview on ESPN Radio, Brown said that in a 1994 game, he purposely whiffed on Jones so that Jones could get a clean shot on Mitchell. Sure enough, Brown got his intended result, as Mitchell was knocked out of the game.
    “We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee,” Brown said. “We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He’s throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.’ I said, ‘I’m getting him out the game.’ . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game.”
    Host Ryen Russillo expressed shock that Brown would admit such a thing, but Brown showed no remorse.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...mitchell-hurt/

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Detroit OL Gets QB Hurt on Purpose

How do you expect Goodell to suspend a player who has been retired for like 10 years for an incident that occurred 12 years before Goodell became commissioner???

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I wonder if the statutes of limitations has expired for a lawsuit if one is even applicable. ESPN needs to let this guy go immediately. Great glimpse into his character. Unfortunately, he's probably raising kids of his own.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    How do you expect Goodell to suspend a player who has been retired for like 10 years for an incident that occurred 12 years before Goodell became commissioner???
    Come on. You knew what I meant. Hurting players on purpose, even by their own team members evidently, has been going on forever. The entire deal by Goodell was a terrible joke to look good for the libel lawsuit against the NFL, by ex NFL players, filed in N.O. Even Car. WR Steve Smith has been taking out his own players out for years in training camps and during the season. Nothing happens by the NFL Commish to the extent that it did this year. The NFL is quickly becoming the joke that is pro wrestling.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-22-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And yet the clown heading the NFL just wont shut the heck up and go away. It's a personal vendetta on his part I'm telling you. Wonder if he was an only child. Either way Goodell couldn't wash Tagliabue's jock.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...s-accountable/

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That's what I was wondering.

+ Reply to Thread