+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makes you wonder about I-bowl attendance

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Makes you wonder about I-bowl attendance

Photo in today's times sport section of 6 northeast fans in stands. Either everyone had borrowed Potters Invisibility cloak or it was 6 fans watching a game. I-bowl will get folks to support the game and by tickets but Really-- I think the BIG loser in this Fiasco is the vindictive I-bowl committee. Oh yeah, one of the 6 looked like she was texting-- another sleeping

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Re: Makes you wonder about I-bowl attendance

Article about young man who has cancer-- both his parents have cancer also. 18- diagnosed in Nov. ( last month). This may be only time everyone on BBB agree on anything-- The Tech family pray for his full recovery--

Jeez-- I am losing it-- the article was about the young receiver and photo had fans in stand-- first 2 threads made no sense without knowing that-- realize only old folks still read the paper

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I'm really confused...

Champ Dubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond reputeDubya261 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you having a thread-based stream of consciousness?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I think somebody is hitting the eggnog a little early.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

You are not alone. I have to read 65's posts several times and more often than not i never figure out what he is trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I'm really confused...

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Question Re: Makes you wonder about I-bowl attendance

hmmmm

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'll take a stab at this...

Dogsince65 read an article in the Times about a WR from ULM who has cancer. In that article there was a pic of a few ULM fans sitting in the stands watching practice, one of them texting and another sleeping. This makes 65 wonder about the potential attendance of the bowl game. He knows that tickets will be sold, but thinks the I-bowl committee is the real loser.

That's what I gather from his posts. How's that?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Bingo, Stray! These young wipper-snappers don't know how to read "old-bonics" like you and I do!

Appears my dimensia kicked in. Read too much Faulkner in 60's. No it was not dope. I did not like Faulkner but taught English at Tech and had to read it. Caught between wanting to say how poorly Northeast does attendance wise and not sounding mean about the article ( about young man with cancer--)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubya261 View Post
    Are you having a thread-based stream of consciousness?

Thank you-- I really do need a proofreader and interpreter-- I am NOT being sarcastic, the people who know and like me seem to be able to translate -"oldbonics"-- I just felt bad after making snarky remark about Northeast when article was about young man with cancer-- well done Straydog, you speak old folk well
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    I'll take a stab at this...

Dogsince65 read an article in the Times about a WR from ULM who has cancer. In that article there was a pic of a few ULM fans sitting in the stands watching practice, one of them texting and another sleeping. This makes 65 wonder about the potential attendance of the bowl game. He knows that tickets will be sold, but thinks the I-bowl committee is the real loser.

That's what I gather from his posts. How's that?

Yeah-- you and I graduated same yr--I hung around as graduate asst--taught English. My brain seems to be like a computer that needs to have a lot of worthless files deleted--i am like the old grandpa you see at Holidays who you really like but will fall asleep in middle of rambling. Best advice is avoid my posts if ramblings of old man drives you nuts. My one claim to fame is I have seen every Tech game played in state since late 60s except 3--so I do love my dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Bingo, Stray! These young wipper-snappers don't know how to read "old-bonics" like you and I do!

Puppy sportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesportsADDICT Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I talked with a guy the other night who is a ULM alum and he said that they had sold 8,000 tickets. I said that was sad, but he didn't seem to agree with me somehow. I know some people are delusional, but at this rate it seems like the I-bowl will look pretty pitiful.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Yeah-- you and I graduated same yr--I hung around as graduate asst--taught English. My brain seems to be like a computer that needs to have a lot of worthless files deleted--i am like the old grandpa you see at Holidays who you really like but will fall asleep in middle of rambling. Best advice is avoid my posts if ramblings of old man drives you nuts. My one claim to fame is I have seen every Tech game played in state since late 60s except 3--so I do love my dogs
    I can identify!! When I graduated, Uncle Sam had other ideas for me. I would have loved to stick around for my master's, but the draft board had different ideas. By the way, that is one magnificent record of seeing every Tech game played in state but three.

+ Reply to Thread