+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DR Investigation?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: DR Investagation?

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Looking forward to being able to look back on all this with a good laugh,
    ...... after years of great success on the gridiron!

GO DAWGS! Here's to an astounding 2013.

BRING ON 2013!! Got Army and So Miss and Lamar on my 2013 calendar, gotta pick between NC State and Kansas for a road trip (leaning towards Kansas and going east to Marshall in 2014). After the 1st am renewing season tickets, +10% to LTAC, just TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW SEASON, NEW CONFERENCE, (and new refs)!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Georgia Tech was initially turned down by the NCAA bowl committee, but, Emmert overruled them and gave Ga Tech permission to play in a bowl with a losing record. That shouldn't have happened.
    Don, you got some bad info on this one. GaTech was at 6-6 before they were forced to play in the ACC championship. The 6-7 rule has been in place for over one year and was used last year for UCLA.

The same rule would likely be used for a CUSA team in needed to fill one of their bowl slots.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I assume you must be attending the IBowl JAB? :icon_wink:
    No, I will not be attending the IBowl. Nor will I be attending the Chariman's VIP party tonight. I am considering joining the IBowl commitee for 2013 though. I feel they really need better influences there. (But you know what they say about glass houses!) Maybe a bunch of us should join and put some new blood into that thing!

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

see you Sat at Denver game. Will fill you in on why I am so irratated at I -bowl - I was told Friday BEFORE all this happened what would happen. Then we get fired up about the next Level for La Tech. You need to start a new thread about with that BRING ON 2013-- I can't wait for staff, signing date and practice to start. Google Scotty Young and you will get excited too. 9000 yrda 132 tds last 2 yrs. Leach recruited for TT and Tubby messed him over. Hw roomed with my nephew ( the wr at TT)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post

BRING ON 2013!! Got Army and So Miss and Lamar on my 2013 calendar, gotta pick between NC State and Kansas for a road trip (leaning towards Kansas and going east to Marshall in 2014). After the 1st am renewing season tickets, +10% to LTAC, just TOTALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO A NEW SEASON, NEW CONFERENCE, (and new refs)!!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Wrong. It's just another BS NCAA (notice that I said NCAA in my above quote) rule to allow the "bigs" to still get in a bowl at 6-7 over the little guys.
    Wrong how?...if Miami had kept itself eligible instead of wimping out against possible future sanctions, Georgia Tech would still be 6-6 right now...and still playing in a bowl. It shouldn't be punished because of Miami this year.

And for the record, this rule is just formal codification of the conference champion waiver that has been in place since 2001 when it was first used on a 5-6 North Texas team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    No, I will not be attending the IBowl. Nor will I be attending the Chariman's VIP party tonight. I am considering joining the IBowl commitee for 2013 though. I feel they really need better influences there. (But you know what they say about glass houses!) Maybe a bunch of us should join and put some new blood into that thing!
    You would be great! We need more devoted local TECH folks on that committee.

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all

Do you join the IBowl Committee - or do you get invited?

STF

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Re: DR Investigation?

Quote Originally Posted by SportTechFan View Post
    Do you join the IBowl Committee - or do you get invited?

STF
    Anyone can join the "foundation". Which is what I was speaking of. From there you get asked or nominated for the different committees.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Good idea and good luck on joining the I-Bowl committee. But, remember this:You can't make chicken salad out of chicken $hit!!!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    There was not a lone gunman as some may have thought. If you know anything about Tech, you know AD did not act on his own. DR was well aware, SD was well aware, along with AD. SD wanted to hold for Liberty Bowl as well as the other two and felt one of main represenetatives of that Bowl was trustworthy on statement about bid being awarded on Sunday afternoon to Tech.
    You are correct. The decision was NOT made in a vacuum. There were several people involved in the "bowl acceptance" process. That's exactly what I told everyone on this board shortly after it happened.

HD

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Big Dog TN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to allTN Dawg 13 is a name known to all

What investigation? I learned about this as soon as you did on the news yesterday. Let me be clear, this is unacceptable. At that moment I vowed to get to the bottom of it and do everything in my power to make sure it never happens again.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like a pack of Democrats if you ask me. Always "someone else's fault".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Sounds like a pack of Democrats if you ask me. Always "someone else's fault".
    Yuppers! And the education field is 95% you know what.

+ Reply to Thread