+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Email from Missy Setters

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Email from Missy Setters

From a similiar thread concerning the DFW Area on JFords site:

There are several ways to grow here:

1. Get a real and concerted effort to recruit students from the DFW area. Our recruiting efforts are extremely poor and lacking.

2. Get marketing the game versus Army in the DFW area. Start with our alumni and move to potential high school seniors.

Universities like Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma Christian, and Oklahoma have full time recruiters that live in Dallas. They are constantly working the DFW area for recruits.

My son has discussed attending Tech next fall. There are two additional students now applying from LoneStar.

All of these are instate fees.

SMU per year $55,000
    TCU per year $46,000
    UNT per year $15,000 per year in economy hall w/ 5 day meal plan $18,000 for new dorms and 7 day meal plan
    SFA per year $12,000 per year

La Tech per year $13,000 for a Tier 1 university

Collin College (Collin County Community College) has a large enrollment of kids who could not get into Texas and Texas A&M. As RHShirley stated - if you are not in the top 10% of your graduating class, you cannot get into Texas or Texas A&M. You are stuck with Texas Tech, UNT, Texas State, Texas A&M-Commerce, Texas Womens, or another of the 25 or so state universities in Texas.

There are 4.5 million people in the state of Louisiana. There are 6.6 million people in the DFW area. As a business owner and sales person, this statistic is very telling.

There are: 4,000 students in grades 10-12 at Allen HS
    2,000 seniors in Frisco ISD
    7,500 students in grades 11-12 in Plano HS

There are probably 100,000 seniors in the immediate DFW area. Without adding them up by hand.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by supermel311 View Post
    simply not true
    What was the actual attendance?

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    What was the actual attendance?
    19,203 according to SPAR turnstile count.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    19,203 according to SPAR turnstile count.
    Wow!

Big Dog cberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to beholdcberg is a splendid one to behold

I have made many, MANY suggestions to those "talking heads" about sports in the Shreveport area for years. But they know better...Oh Kay - how's that working out for you ?

Listen to how we talk about Tech Football/sports, our school, the passion that's being shown on this board represents fans that have a lot of pride in their support and want the BEST. Just as we're about renevate the Joe so as to attract more fans, better recruits and coaches, this shows we want the best we can do with what we have to make those changes.

For all these years I've tried to do what MiloBumP is talking about - It honestly hasn't worked for me. Matters have only gotten worse and now you see for yourself. By saying nothing over the years, we've lost Pro Baseball, Pro Football, Pro Hockey and the few of us that support these sporting endeavors are pushed aside for trying to build something nice here. The "Good Old Boys" have their agenda and we have ours...I want what's best for La. Tech - period !

Have you seen any improvements to "State Fair Stadium" especially the score board, the parking etc, etc, etc...?

Just look at the market area in Dallas/ Fort Worth area that we can be using for recruiting and the exposure for our program. The Army game next season at the Cotton Bowl will be a good bench mark as to what impact this might hold for future games to be held there...We have to show up in numbers ! Would love to see us show up like the aTm fans did this season at our game in S'port.

I really wanted Shreveport/Bossier to have it's own identity, civic pride and great sports. But that's only a dream now. I'm now looking to Ruston for all that. That little sleepy town that's trying to say "I think I can, I think I can" do it.

Champ MiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond reputeMiloBumP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post
    I have made many, MANY suggestions to those "talking heads" about sports in the Shreveport area for years. But they know better...Oh Kay - how's that working out for you ?

Listen to how we talk about Tech Football/sports, our school, the passion that's being shown on this board represents fans that have a lot of pride in their support and want the BEST. Just as we're about renevate the Joe so as to attract more fans, better recruits and coaches, this shows we want the best we can do with what we have to make those changes.

For all these years I've tried to do what MiloBumP is talking about - It honestly hasn't worked for me. Matters have only gotten worse and now you see for yourself. By saying nothing over the years, we've lost Pro Baseball, Pro Football, Pro Hockey and the few of us that support these sporting endeavors are pushed aside for trying to build something nice here. The "Good Old Boys" have their agenda and we have ours...I want what's best for La. Tech - period !

Have you seen any improvements to "State Fair Stadium" especially the score board, the parking etc, etc, etc...?

Just look at the market area in Dallas/ Fort Worth area that we can be using for recruiting and the exposure for our program. The Army game next season at the Cotton Bowl will be a good bench mark as to what impact this might hold for future games to be held there...We have to show up in numbers ! Would love to see us show up like the aTm fans did this season at our game in S'port.

I really wanted Shreveport/Bossier to have it's own identity, civic pride and great sports. But that's only a dream now. I'm now looking to Ruston for all that. That little sleepy town that's trying to say "I think I can, I think I can" do it.
    Agreed...good post...let's make a great showing in Dallas next year!!! Pre Party at HD's for all BBB!!!!

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cberg View Post

Yep. After 15 years I'd say the Shreveport experiment is an epic failure. Improve the Joe and work on DFW recruiting

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Wow!
    Tech vs Ohio wouldn't have been much different. Ohio fans weren't coming regardless.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tech vs Ohio wouldn't have been much different. Ohio fans weren't coming regardless.
    We'd PACK THE PLACE, just like we did against Northern Illinois, whoever our opponent is. I-Bowl people really screwed up with their childish snit against us.

But you guys had a very good season and maybe another coming so be proud of it and enjoy it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Wrong. This experiment already happened. We played a MAC team in the I-Bowl that also didn't bring anybody and there was a lot more people in the stands than the Ohio/ulM game.

Bulldog supermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesupermel311 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time supermel311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Wrong. This experiment already happened. We played a MAC team in the I-Bowl that also didn't bring anybody and there was a lot more people in the stands than the Ohio/ulM game.
    I'd like to see the weather report for that day, as well as the time of day for the game. Pictures would also be appreciated because like my fellow geniuses at Tech I don't buy announced attendance or so called tickets sold. Pics of the Northern Illinois side as well as both end zones would be preferred.
    Last edited by supermel311; 12-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see the weather report for that day, as well as the time of day for the game. Pictures would be nice because like my fellow geniuses at Tech I don't buy announced attendance or so called tickets sold. Pics of the Northern Illinois side as well as both end zones would be preferred.
    It was a heck of a lot colder than last Friday, I remember that much...

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

I'd like to see the weather report for that day, as well as the time of day for the game. Pictures would also be appreciated because like my fellow geniuses at Tech I don't buy announced attendance or so called tickets sold. Pics of the Northern Illinois side as well as both end zones would be preferred.
    See the pic in the "Shreveport Times: Maybe 15,000....." thread, page 5. It was freezing that night. North end zone was full, both sides were full, south end zone 50% full. It was a great crowd for freezing cold night and MAC team that brought no one.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Nobody cares what you would like to see or read. Seriously dude I know you don't have a real sports forum/board for NLUCO but feel free to go to USL/ULL's board instead. They are your real rival and mentor all at the same time.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

2008 Independence Bowl
    LaTech (7-5) vs. NIU (6-6)
    Sunday, December 28, 2008
    44 degrees at 7:17 pm kickoff
    36 degrees at 10:43 pm game's end
    Partly cloudy, winds ESE 3 mph, humidity 69%
    Official attendance: 41,567

"Northern Illinois' side" was filled with TECH fans.

Last edited by Dawg06; 12-30-2012 at 11:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread