+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Email from Missy Setters

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Email from Missy Setters

I had to congratulate her on the photos of the "actual attendance" and asked if not waiting another day was worth it. #WEARELATECH

We invited La Tech despite being told on Monday, Nov 26 by the AD that they wouldn't play a Sun Belt Team. Then that Wed, the AD said they would be willing to play anyone. We were asked by the WAC commissioner that Thursday if we would invite La Tech that day. When a conference commissioner asks a bowl to invite a team it is always because he has an understanding with that school that they will accept. Unfortunately for all involved, especially 31 seniors, that didn't turn out to be the case. We did invite the Bulldogs to participate, and waited quite a while for a response. No response came and when we called again, late that Saturday we were told they would wait it out on other options. There were 71 qualifiers at that time. Our committee of 25, of which I do not have a vote, felt that after being asked to invite Tech and then turned down that they needed to go in a different direction. Our committee voted unanimously on Friday, Nov 30 to invite both La Tech and ULM. Bowls typically lock in their choices/plans by Saturday night based on the outcomes of championship games and what other games plan on doing.

I would also like to add that back in the spring we were asked by Tech's AD if we would be willing to write a letter of recommendation to Conference USA on Tech's behalf and our executive committee voted unanimously to do it.

I would also add that I have close friends whose son was a senior player this year at Tech. The disappointment hit close to home.

I hope this gives you some insight into the series of events. I would also add that if two other bowls had agreements with La Tech, then why is our game taking the brunt of the frustration when we are in fact the only bowl that did invite them.

Sent from my iPhone

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Email from Missy Setters

Looks like the committee made the wrong decision. Was punishing Bruce worth it?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Looks like the committee made the wrong decision. Was punishing Bruce worth it?
    i thought it ironic that all those empty seats were red and blue which could represent the tech fans that could have filled them had indy waited. he said she said, its over, i guess we all need to learn from it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Idiot Bowl was an epic fail. Advocare should pull its sponsorship, and in fact, demand its money back.

Varsity Bulldog DawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeDawgGoneMad Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

That was my response: so were you better off not waiting until Sunday?
    The answer is pretty clear...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

There should not have been an arbitrary time ultimatum attached to their invitation. The Liberty Bowl waited to see how the BCS match-ups were determined (as did Chick-fil-a and Cotton)--why couldn't the I-Bowl wait for the best possible scenario? The wanted to "stick it" to Tech and ended up hurting themselves and S'port/Bossier in the process. LaTech alum in this region should hold them accountable for the indiscretion.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

LOL at Missy Setters playing the victim role.

If the Indy Bowl waited, they would have been able to land LaTech, Iowa State, or 8-4 Bowling Green, all of which would have been better or as good as Ohio.

The Indy Bowl got their feelings hurt by Dykes comments a month earlier and Tech wanting to wait for a better bowl so they decided to stick it to Tech. It's that simple.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I still believe our administration thumbed its nose at the I-Bowl during the entire process. In the end, both the bowl and our university was hurt, but I don't blame the bowl for moving forward without Tech. They had no indication that we would ever accept an invitation from them.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I still believe our administration thumbed its nose at the I-Bowl during the entire process. In the end, both the bowl and our university was hurt, but I don't blame the bowl for moving forward without Tech. They had no indication that we would ever accept an invitation from them.
    +1
    Egos got in the way on all sides and the wrong decisions were made. No one won this one.
    And everything is the same as it was before. I guess we will just continue to do the same thing expecting a differernt result.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    There should not have been an arbitrary time ultimatum attached to their invitation. The Liberty Bowl waited to see how the BCS match-ups were determined (as did Chick-fil-a and Cotton)--why couldn't the I-Bowl wait for the best possible scenario? The wanted to "stick it" to Tech and ended up hurting themselves and S'port/Bossier in the process. LaTech alum in this region should hold them accountable for the indiscretion.
    Her email is very telling -- one, it's sent from her ipad the day of the game (someone's a little bent out of shape) and two -- the last paragraph - why are we taking the brunt?! LOL

Feel free to congratulate her: missy@independencebowl.org
    I copied her staff: stefan@independencebowl.org; amy@independencebowl.org; ann@independencebowl.org; jdittmer@independencebowl.org

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Tech gambled and lost.

I-bowl played it very safe and it and Shreveport lost.

More from Setters... all I asked was "was your committee better off not waiting one more day?"

So if there was a deal in place with the Liberty Bowl, as has been stated by Mr VanDeVelde, then why would Tech have needed us to wait in the first place?

I would also point out that immediately after selection Sunday, we received phone calls from a number of Tech alums as well as a large number of people who are sponsors of the bowl as well as a tech alums, apologizing to us for the way it was handled.

Why did we receive comments from national media as well as other bowls asking us "what were THEY thinking?"

The CEO of our title sponsor is a graduate of Tech and he was disgusted by the way Tech handled it. He was also disgusted by the fact that he received an email from someone in the Tech athletic department back in August stating that Tech was working with ESPNU to have AdvoCare's logos digitally removed from the field for the Texas A&M game. Rather than going to talk to him as an alum about a sponsorship.

And just as a side note, ESPN stated there was absolutely no validity to his claims.

There is probably blame to go all around, but it certainly does not fall solely on our committee.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

IBowl= Epic Fail!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Sounds like Missy is dreading the career move over to McDonald's as a Night Shift Assistant Manager.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgGoneMad View Post
    Her email is very telling -- one, it's sent from her ipad the day of the game (someone's a little bent out of shape) and two -- the last paragraph - why are we taking the brunt?! LOL
    I think her point was: Why aren't more fans pissed off at the Liberty Bowl? Plenty of us are. Plenty more were pissed off at BVD. Others are pissed at everyone involved. She just isn't hearing from those people.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread