+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Email from Missy Setters

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Email from Missy Setters

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I was familiar with that estalishment my freshman year (1971-72).
    Ahhhh........ Ya'll make me feel so young!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I agree. I actually had HotHands (hand warmers) in my pockets during that game.
    Same here...... I remember absolutely freezing.

Puppy cajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her gamecajunflo is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Same here...... I remember absolutely freezing.
    yeah, but was it misting???

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cajunflo View Post
    yeah, but was it misting???
    We don't know. The stadium was so full it was hard to tell.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yes, the late, great linebacker Joe McNeely WAS the police of this wonderful joint on Thursday nights!

Cheniere exit was the stop on the way to Monroe to the Electric Circus and on the way back to Ruston at midnight. 1972-74 were the last years.
    Thanks for the history, that was ten years before my time. They all sounded like a lot of fun though!

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

would someone please bury this horse.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Will you local/LA guys bury the new proposed I-Bowl tax increase issue I hope?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I agree. I actually had HotHands (hand warmers) in my pockets during that game.

I was so proud of my 8 month pregnant wife making it through that game.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by counselingdawg View Post
    Don't know about burying this horse........BB&B is only known for beating a dead horse. "We leave no dead horse unbeaten."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    FINALLY! I'm very glad to hear this. It's about time LA Tech fans and alumni showed the I-Bowl folks how important we are to their season ticket and sponsorship base.

The bottom line is, LA Tech --just like any other school with 9 wins-- wanted to wait until Sunday to make it's bowl decision. But the I-Bowl wouldn't wait, despite the fact that neither of their alternative teams (ULM or Ohio) were highly sought after. It would have literally cost the I-bowl NOTHING to wait, and the potential upside from waiting was HUGE for the I-Bowl.

Make no mistake, the I-Bowl was the big loser in this one. Yes, I feel bad for our 31 seniors....but LA Tech will come out of this mostly unscathed. (Especially since we no longer have a coaching staff anyway.) The I-Bowl is in a free fall right now. Corporate sponsors are fleeing, local Tech fans --which make up a large block of the I-Bowls season ticket base-- are angry, and the local media is bitter with this outcome. Yep, the I-Bowl is the big loser here.

HD
    4- Years later.......

Truer Words have never been spoken. LOL!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I think the I-Bowl is in a real existential situation here. Due to an overabundence of hubris from their management, they have continuially alienated one of their largest potential core constituencies and every year that passes is less prestigious than the year before.

It is clear that Tech football and the I-Bowl are on divergent paths and it does us no good to focus too much attention on their struggles. Tech football will be here 10 years from now and in probably much better shape than it is even now. Can the same be said for the I-Bowl? Or will its existence be contained entirely within a glass display case on Clyde Fant next to Bradshaw's jersey and a Shreveport Steamer helmet?

I know that they feel like they needed to "teach us a lesson" and "put us in our place", but I really think the Bowl's only hope is a top-to-bottom change in the decision makers.
    Pretty clairvoyant post - given the fact we are 4 years removed from this event...

In those 4 years Tech has somehow managed 3 bowl wins and two divisional titles and added about $40 million of privately funded capital improvements to JAS...

The I-Bowl has done what?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Pretty clairvoyant post - given the fact we are 4 years removed from this event...

In those 4 years Tech has somehow managed 3 bowl wins and two divisional titles and added about $40 million of privately funded capital improvements to JAS...

The I-Bowl has done what?
    Withered.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well, at the end of the day, ulm LOST! 45-14 to a MACster! How the hell do you get blown out by a MAC team? The MAC has been getting smacked in bowls.

Of course, that game represented a lot of firsts. It was the first time I ever rooted for the Ohio Bobcats. Now, I'll go back to not caring about Ohio....
    Me, my nephew, and two of his buds attended the game. We four and about 19K others....tops. It was frickin' cold. But, my green Ohio sweatshirt (layered on top of thermal) was fine. In 2012 the MAC got smacked, except for the Idiot Bowl, and this year they went 0-6. That right? I'll ask again, how do you get smushed by a MACster? Only the nlu juco injuns know how!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

The I-Bowl has done what
    ?
    It has become the TOILET BOWL!!!!

+ Reply to Thread