+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: I Bowl Tax

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: I Bowl Tax

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Thank goodness the conservative republicans ( including brother in law of our AD) finally sponsored this tax on non Louisiana folks. We will be significantly below average nationwide. Silly how I'll-informed this thread is--- we back it so we at least have a chance to finally have a shot at better airport and flights. Shreveport-bossier can at least make better shot at Athletic events ( i.e. CUSA). Won't cost northeast la residence a penny unless they stay at a hotel. The reason it finally passed overwhelmingly is because people finally understood it's not about I-bowl. It's about Airport and Sports foundation-- Finally got it!! Maybe in my lifetime I'll see direct flights to Chicago- DC . The stories I can tell about horrible experiences flying out of Shreveport
    So many people like you have Zero understanding of the bill. 1/3 each-- Airport -- Sports Foundation ( if you came to any Tech Luncheon you would have heard them speak about working with Cusa for events in shreveport / bossier) and more Tech game baskeball and football ( probably 30 die hard supporters showed up for both coaches) and 1/3 for Fair grounds/I Bowl. This is awesome that we finally have chance to improve all 3 areas. For what its worth--Tech had a scrimmage game two yrs ago at fairground stadium and maybe 100 of us showed up. Somebody who attended the BB coaches, Scrimmage and other events in Shreveport make the case that this does not have some at least some potential to help My Bulldogs. what I am seeing is 2/3 of money helps all of us in N la and 1/3 filters thru I-bowl and fairgrounds with zero cost to you. Our ADs brother in law sponsored the bill. Get over your dislike of a 30 year bowl ... when we do play in it we have huge crowds
    The Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission never made a serious competitive bid for C-USA events. They only made token uncompetitive bids.

With people like Ken Antee and Billy Montgomery in charge, they will never seriously pursue something big that would benefit Tech.

BTW the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission has moved on from C-USA and is now bidding on hosting the Sun Belch basketball tournaments.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-22-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    The Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission never made a serious competitive bid for C-USA events. They only made token uncompetitive bids.

With people like Ken Antee and Billy Montgomery in charge, they will never seriously pursue something big that would benefit Tech.

BTW the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission has moved on from C-USA and is now bidding on hosting the Sun Belch basketball tournaments.
    Gag me!!

Ken Antee

Education
    Mississippi College School of Law
    Juris Doctor (J.D.)
    1985 – 1988

Northeast Louisiana University (ULM)

Billy Montgomery

He obtained his bachelor's and his master's plus thirty semester hours from Northwestern State University (then Northwestern State College) in Natchitoches, the seat of Natchitoches Parish.
    He did graduate coursework at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, the seat of Lincoln Parish, Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, and the University of Louisiana at Monroe (then Northeast Louisiana State College) in Monroe, the seat of Ouachita Parish.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    2014 http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...bowl/18515797/
    The tax, which would have gone into effect Dec. 1, was to benefit the Ark-La-Tex Regional Air Service Alliance (RASA), the Independence Bowl Foundation and the Shreveport-Bossier Sports Commission.
    Thanks, my bad.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

personally I can not stand Dallas -- have 4 brothers and bunch of family living there and the road rage is ridiculous. Flew to Stones concert so I did not have to drive in the continuous road construction. GPS system can not keep up with closed exits. N La is the home of tens of thousands of retired military personel and their families. Our "core issues" are no different that America as a whole. at the Bowl game last year I saw little difference between the stadiums -- the tvs were nice in concession areas but the neighborhood was about the same. Even Jerrys House did not impress me as athletic venue-- sure its a monstrously spectacular facility with tons of spots to blow money but as a concert/athletic venue its somewhat overwhelming. The "dump" brings back over 50 yrs of great memories to many of us--Bradshaw play HS there and some great Tech football moments.. glad you love Texas and dallas but for us N La folks ( home of La Tech) .. most of us pretty happy here
    If attacking Dallas supports your position of taxing hotel revenue to support the I Bow is a good thing, I can't beat that. Did I say I loved Dallas or Texas or hated Shreveport? Man you jump to conclusions quickly.

+ Reply to Thread