+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I Bowl Tax

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

I Bowl Tax

Get ready to subsidize some mid-level SEC action.

LINK

This must have been Setters' plan all along.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Re: I Bowl Tax

I hope that's just a Shreveport hotel tax. I think I pay about 30% in taxes for hotels in New Orleans as it is.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

“We have a good plan,” Andres said. “The parishes and the cities seem to be on board, now we’re looking for Baton Rouge to help us out.”

Seriously? I'd be the first taxpayer to jump off the cliff.

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    I hope that's just a Shreveport hotel tax. I think I pay about 30% in taxes for hotels in New Orleans as it is.
    Sounds like another N.O. Saints type deal to me! We have enough of that crap already!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post

LINK

Yup..just like libs/dems.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

If Shreveport is serious about attracting better teams, they need to focus on improving the stadium and city itself as a desirable destination. Throwing more money into the payout is going to accomplish little or nothing.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

If Shreveport is serious about attracting better teams, they need to focus on improving the stadium and city itself as a desirable destination. Throwing more money into the payout is going to accomplish little or nothing.
    The stadium is a dump, is in the ghetto, and then you have the Shreveport Keystone Cops directing traffic.....enough said!!
    Last edited by DocMarvin362; 12-31-2012 at 07:40 AM.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

LINK

FWIW, the top-tier SEC bowls (Cotton, C-One, Outback, Gator, and CFA) have payouts of $2.9 million to $4.5 million to each SEC team. The Music City Bowl pays $1.8 million, Liberty pays out $1.4 million, and BBVA Compass Bowl pays out $1 million.

If the I-Bowl wants to come close to attracting meaningful SEC & ACC schools, they would likely have to increase their payout per year to about the $2 million range at a minimum.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sound familiar?

Shreveport needs to demand better.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 12-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Sounds like another N.O. Saints type deal to me! We have enough of that crap already!!!!
    I wonder how much Drew Brees pays in state taxes...

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

So they want to tax every stay at every hotel every day of the year so they can keep a job. I call BS to the 'economic' value numbers. If you can't make it work on its own, tax the folks that can't vote against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    I wonder how much Drew Brees pays in state taxes...
    Exactly SaintGreg! And when the Saints are in town the state and city taxes from hotels, restaurants, tickets and gas for travel and fans. Not to mention the taxes for the entire Saints organization (players, staff and owner) pays to the city and state for the year. Let's see...property taxes for the huge facility out in Metairie and the Dome. Plus the tax and revenue for the state per the other events at the Dome. 70TG's comment was BS and totally different from the little IBowl wanting to tax Shreveport/N.La folks for something that has barely had life for years when compared to something so successful down south revenue wise and tax wise for the state.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Jack Andres, chairman for the 2012 AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl, was “disappointed” to see another horde of empty seats at Independence Stadium on Friday afternoon.
    This quote was great!
    I love the "another" part!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

odysseus;1324542]If Shreveport is serious about attracting better teams, they need to focus on improving the stadium and city itself as a desirable destination. Throwing more money into the payout is going to accomplish little or nothing.]

The stadium is a dump, is in the ghetto, and then you have the Shreveport Keystone Cops directing traffic.....enough said!!
    I have not been to the stadium since the 2008 I-Bowl, but unless there have been big-time improvements -- it is not a place I look forward to going.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think it would be only on S/B tax - have to have State Bonding Commission approval to call the election, thus thus the Baton Rouge help comment...

Don't think it has a chance, but knowing the voting base in Caddo Parish it could pass if its placed on the right date
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread